The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature Unit 2

What are your feelings for this exam on Friday? Are you prepared??
Original post by mandersonxoxo
What are your feelings for this exam on Friday? Are you prepared??

I'm feeling confident about An Inspector Calls as I think it's quite easy to write about and the plot is self explanatory. There are the characters who each develop through the play (or don't) and the themes in the novel are clear. Responsibilites, Social Status, Young vs Old, Parent/Child relationships.

Heroes however, I'm not extremely confident. I feel as though my teacher has hardly gone through the book and I feel like we've hardly touched on the characters and themes in the book. I guess I'll have to look it over and make sure I'm confident enough for Friday!
For Pride and Prejudice I feel not confident at all. Im contemplating whether I need it in life but for Blood Brothers im a bit more ready.

Any revision tips?
Original post by GabrielleJoyxx
I'm feeling confident about An Inspector Calls as I think it's quite easy to write about and the plot is self explanatory. There are the characters who each develop through the play (or don't) and the themes in the novel are clear. Responsibilites, Social Status, Young vs Old, Parent/Child relationships.

Heroes however, I'm not extremely confident. I feel as though my teacher has hardly gone through the book and I feel like we've hardly touched on the characters and themes in the book. I guess I'll have to look it over and make sure I'm confident enough for Friday!

We did Pride and Prejudice, which I hate analysing! Blood Brothers isn't as bad when it comes to analysing and exam prep. Good luck on Friday!! How did you find the Unit 1 exam?
Original post by thosegradestho
For Pride and Prejudice I feel not confident at all. Im contemplating whether I need it in life but for Blood Brothers im a bit more ready.

Any revision tips?

Samee, Pride and Prej is so hard to analyse and the plot is just way to complicated! Kind of wish we did an easier text.
For my revision I made posters for each themes and linked them to each character. Then, I put the quotes on flashcards to make them easier to learn.
My advice is to actually practice writing out the essay because I went into the unit 1 exam knowing what to write but completely flopped because my essay was all over the place.
Original post by thosegradestho

Any revision tips?

I don't do either of those, but for tips I'd just say make sure you are really familiar with it- and LEARN QUOTATIONS! If you google them, I'm sure some revision resources will come up- slideshare.net is particularly good. Good luck!
I'm okay for A View From the Bridge, absolutely crapping myself over Pride and Prejudice... I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!
:wink: right basically, Ive done Blood Brothers as GCSE Drama so the English Lit can't be that hard... might need to learn some quotes though. i need to do some serious revision on A christmas carol. i **** myself during Unit 1 on monday with the unseen poetry and Of Mice and Men and vomited during the exam but i'm glad i don't have to think about it ever again. i quite liked it , it's a shame i was nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest