The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tizzydag
any predictions on possible questions/topics

Tbh theres no point looking for predictions but Binomial theorem, Factor/remainder theorem, Logarithms, Differentiation/Integration and Trig identities has come up in all the papers since 2009 and that's pretty much majority of C2 revise everything!:biggrin:

Q5

the normal of the gradient of PQ = gradient of QR

7b the angles lies on a full turn and the two sides are symmetrical so 2pi -2.2/2

q9 a - geometric sequences you divide the previous term so 2k-15/k = k/(k+4)
Btw. If you are one of those people like me who gets work done quickly but makes mistakes, do the entire thing again. Like, start each question from scratch and make sure that the answers are the same. Do the question as if you haven't seen it before.

If you don't have time to do it again, go over part a to a question or something, if you lose that mark then you may lose more marks if you've used that answer again.

But please don't do it again unless you've finished the first go-over.
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 18.40.09.pngPLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTION::
(ALSO i need explanation as to why)

JANUARY 2013 QUESTION 4 ii)
Original post by El-Presidente
Most Universities don't care about your AS grades, unless they are astonished by a BBC suddenly becoming predicted A*A*A* they will only act on your predicted grades. They don't care about resists or anything, they will just assume.

no, but your AS grades determine your predicted grades dont they
Could we be asked to prove the Sn formula, it's in the textbook
Original post by physicsmaths
unis don't care about AS grades? Lol OK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that's the case. Then again - you missed out the most bit. They look at your predications, not your AS.
Wait what?

a(1-r^n)? What is this? Isn't that the top half of the sum formula?

It is always ar^n-1 isn't it? What's this greater than less than 1 stuff.

Lool yes that's the top half of the sum formula but what I was saying was that if the common ratio is less than one then you would use the formula provided however if the common ratio is greater than 1 then you would use a(r^n-1)/r-1

Hope this cleared the confusion!
Original post by LikeASomebody

Yes we can, I saw it on a paper I did the other day. It's not likely though!

Write out

Sn = a
rSn = ar

Sn - rSn = a - ar
Sn(1- r) = a(1 - r^n)

Therefore,

Sn = (a(1-r^n))/(1-r)

^ Something like that
Original post by LikeASomebody

Yes its worth 4 marks
Yes, that's the case. Then again - you missed out the most bit. They look at your predications, not your AS.

Lol
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol

Hmmm... you were the one who called a poor soul a retard earlier, no doubt with that attitude you'll be aiming for Cambridge or Oxford. Am I right?
Original post by Haych97
Yes its worth 4 marks

Oh bloody hell! I have a feeling that this may be asked tomorrow!
Anyone done IYGB S and T?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by starkers1997

Its really simple! Just practice writing it out now and it'll stick in your head :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1115
Original post by studentwiz
Q5

the normal of the gradient of PQ = gradient of QR

7b the angles lies on a full turn and the two sides are symmetrical so 2pi -2.2/2

q9 a - geometric sequences you divide the previous term so 2k-15/k = k/(k+4)

Thanks. I'm struggling to understand what you mean for q7b, maybe if you could say it in a simpler way :redface:
Original post by falloutboyyy
Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 18.40.09.pngPLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTION::
(ALSO i need explanation as to why)

JANUARY 2013 QUESTION 4 ii)

never seen a question like this before but i think you have to factorise it and then it becomes the same as part 1) but just using y instead of x, leading to expanding the brackets and gathering like terms
Original post by Olon
Thanks. I'm struggling to understand what you mean for q7b, maybe if you could say it in a simpler way :redface:

a full circle is 2pi so you take away 2.2 from what is already on the diagram, then whats left of the circle is 2 lots of DAC which you need so to find DAC its essentially 0.5(2pi-2.2)
You need to know how to proove Fermat's Last Theorem also
Original post by starkers1997

It's pretty simple..i haven't seen it since a 2005/06 paper not sure which one so I would watch out for it...the link below explains it clearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfzcUkcLXXA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending