The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by El-Presidente
Hmmm... you were the one who called a poor soul a retard earlier, no doubt with that attitude you'll be aiming for Cambridge or Oxford. Am I right?

Did not call him a retard. I told him it could be factorised he disagreed. I showed him the answer he says it was wrong and expanded it wrong basically calling me an idiot and saying nice try so I then called him an idiot for not being able to expand two brackets correctly and claiming he was right.
No I am not aiming for Cambridge or Oxford. Already got an offer just thought I could help people on here. Clearly some people don't like being told when they're wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me out with the question below? 5(b) has me stumped. Thank you! From C2 June 2011 paper...image.jpg
Original post by LearningGeek
like basically, you know how you apply for uni at the beginning of A2, so you get predicted grades based on your AS that go towards this
so if you retake, what happens to that predicted grade, like do uni's know you're retaking or does a crap grade go forward until you get your retake grade back

its okay, you dont have to explain
im confusing myself tbh, lol

You dont have to submit your predicted grades for A2, just have to submit what you got for AS,
can someone please explain what they mean by increasing and decreasing function?
Original post by Krollo
Anyone done IYGB S and T?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's that? I have only looked at past papers and Solomon papers

5) find gradient of PQ, since its 90 degree angle, its perpendicular to QR.
Equal that perp.gradient to PR and solve for A.
b) find mindpoint of line, sub in those coordinates. Radius is distance from R or P to midpoint.

7b) 360 - angle so 2pie - 2.2 then /2 it as triangles are equal.

9) terms are a, ar and ar^2, I believe you have to find r.
so, ar/r = ar^2/ar = k/(k+4)= (2k-15)/k and cross multiply.
Original post by Ahsen2015
can someone please explain what they mean by increasing and decreasing function?

Increasing function dy/dx > 0
Decreasing function dy/dx < 0
guys a little help here
when you are working out the value of n for geometric series when do you use ar^n-1 and when do you use ar^n, because it will either say such and such in the n year is greater or less than a value find the value of n
Original post by David_Waddell
You dont have to submit your predicted grades for A2, just have to submit what you got for AS,

oh so if you screwed up AS your screwed for the course you want in uni
Original post by physicsmaths
Did not call him a retard. I told him it could be factorised he disagreed. I showed him the answer he says it was wrong and expanded it wrong basically calling me an idiot and saying nice try so I then called him an idiot for not being able to expand two brackets correctly and claiming he was right.
No I am not aiming for Cambridge or Oxford. Already got an offer just thought I could help people on here. Clearly some people don't like being told when they're wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm... thought so.
When solving sinx=something within the range -360<x<360, after working out x by doing arcsin, I know to do180- and then 360+ from the cast diagram, but I'm really confused at to what calculation to do for the negative? Is it -180+answer?
Original post by Olon
Thanks. I'm struggling to understand what you mean for q7b, maybe if you could say it in a simpler way :redface:

:smile: ill try
so a circle has 360 degrees so if you join all the angles around A it would = 360 degrees which 2pi in radians

and you know that both halves are symmetrical cuz they go 4cm up and 6 cm radius each side

this means if you do 2pi - 2.2 you would get the angle of BAD + DAC so because they're symmetrical you divide by 2 to get just the angle of DAC
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry another question, do you have to write things like '360-a' or '180+a' to get m1 marks on trig questions?
Reply 1134
Original post by studentwiz
:smile: ill try
so a circle has 360 degrees so if you join all the angles around A it would = 360 degrees which 2pi in radians

and you know that both halves are symmetrical cuz they go 4cm up and 6 cm radius each side

this means if you do 2pi - 2.2 you would get the angle of BAD + DAC so because they're symmetrical you divide by 2 to get just the angle of DAC

Original post by ironingplaylist
5) find gradient of PQ, since its 90 degree angle, its perpendicular to QR.
Equal that perp.gradient to PR and solve for A.
b) find mindpoint of line, sub in those coordinates. Radius is distance from R or P to midpoint.

7b) 360 - angle so 2pie - 2.2 then /2 it as triangles are equal.

9) terms are a, ar and ar^2, I believe you have to find r.
so, ar/r = ar^2/ar = k/(k+4)= (2k-15)/k and cross multiply.

Thanks, I understand now :smile:
Original post by LearningGeek
oh so if you screwed up AS your screwed for the course you want in uni

No, if your predicted grades are believable and the University can be convinced then they won't care. Trust me. I got ABCC last year, and got a reduced offer from a university offering AAB (It was AAA but they dropped it to AAB for some reason, then reduced it for me to ABB). It was to do Computer Science.

I did get asked in an interview why Computer Science if I got a C in it, and I gave a stupid response (I was expecting they would ask that but never thought how to answer it lol) but I still got AAB from them.
Original post by NivvyLeaver
Can anyone help me out with the question below? 5(b) has me stumped. Thank you! From C2 June 2011 paper...image.jpg

Too long to explain on here however Exam solutions has been through this paper and done worked solutions for it, i'l add the link below:
https://www.examsolutions.net/a-level-maths-papers/worked-solution/worked-solution.php?paper_id=10&solution=5.2

"lol I find it funny how no one has answered your question" because you could either do sin^-1(1/5) ans +180 and 360- ans or you could do sin^-1(-1/5) 180 -ans and ans
Is it true the C2 paper has been leaked so we are getting the R paper???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASlevel911
Is it true the C2 paper has been leaked so we are getting the R paper???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending