The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by El-Presidente
No, if your predicted grades are believable and the University can be convinced then they won't care. Trust me. I got ABCC last year, and got a reduced offer from a university offering AAB (It was AAA but they dropped it to AAB for some reason, then reduced it for me to ABB). It was to do Computer Science.

I did get asked in an interview why Computer Science if I got a C in it, and I gave a stupid response (I was expecting they would ask that but never thought how to answer it lol) but I still got AAB from them.

Not maths related but what exam board are you with for ICT?
Reply 1141
Original post by ASlevel911
Is it true the C2 paper has been leaked so we are getting the R paper???

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's just rumours :smile:
guys a little help here
when you are working out the value of n for geometric series when do you use ar^n-1 and when do you use ar^n, because it will either say such and such in the n year is greater or less than a value find the value of n
GUYS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP
Anyone else think changing the base of logarithms will come up? only thing i struggle with really :/
Original post by ASlevel911
Is it true the C2 paper has been leaked so we are getting the R paper???

Yes it will be 3x the usual difficulty and you will fail.
Original post by lukass
Anyone else think changing the base of logarithms will come up? only thing i struggle with really :/

The formula for changing the base of logarithms is in the formula book, no need to worry
Original post by Haych97
Not maths related but what exam board are you with for ICT?

You mean Computer Science? My sixth form doesn't do IT. (Idk if you just called it that because its easier or you actually do ICT).

I'm doing AQA.
do we have to learn how to prove the formula for the sum of infinity as well?
Original post by Haych97
Too long to explain on here however Exam solutions has been through this paper and done worked solutions for it, i'l add the link below:
https://www.examsolutions.net/a-level-maths-papers/worked-solution/worked-solution.php?paper_id=10&solution=5.2

Thank you. Very useful! :smile:
Original post by lukass

Essentially you can change the base of the logarithm to whatever you want

And so to solve a log equation which has different bases, just change one of the log bases and then you'll have the same bases :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LearningGeek
oh so if you screwed up AS your screwed for the course you want in uni

The Unis i applied for want an A but I got a B for AS, so when I applied I made sure i emailed them as soon as possible, letting them know I am retaking the previous year at the same time and they said it was fine and then offered me a place :smile:
Original post by El-Presidente
No, if your predicted grades are believable and the University can be convinced then they won't care. Trust me. I got ABCC last year, and got a reduced offer from a university offering AAB (It was AAA but they dropped it to AAB for some reason, then reduced it for me to ABB). It was to do Computer Science.

I did get asked in an interview why Computer Science if I got a C in it, and I gave a stupid response (I was expecting they would ask that but never thought how to answer it lol) but I still got AAB from them.

oh right, cool
Original post by lukass

You just need to remember the formula which is logaX =LogbX/LogbA
Original post by Oz_Vessalius
make sure you know your proofs for geometric convergence and your fourier transformations for trig questions involving sine i've heard they've been tipped to come up this year
oh and also you need to understand how the cayley-hamilton theorem works

Nobody cares that you study more maths

What are you trying to do? Impress us? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C2 MAY 20
Nobody cares that you study more maths

What are you trying to do? Impress us? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1. He was crap at one point too.
Reply 1155
The C2 June 2015 paper has been leaked
How do you do question 10d June 2014R paper?? Thanks
Hi can anyone tell me what kind of raw mark you need to be able to get 100 UMS?
Original post by Elliemay97
Hi can anyone tell me what kind of raw mark you need to be able to get 100 UMS?

Lowest I've seen is 73, it's usually 75 though.

Quick Reply