The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salma.k
PREDICTIONS PLEASE SOMEBODY! :biggrin:

By the way, does anyone know how long we should be spending on the 20 mark and 40 mark question?

I usually spend 20 mins on question A and write just over a side. Usually get 17 or 18 with that then spend the hour on the question b as it is more important and obvs worth more marks xx hope that helps x
I do like a 3 line intro just to get myself into the question. And when I write the rest I cross refrance throughout and go with the question, see which direction it takes you as some are easier to answer one way, hope this helps but it's all personal preference !
Doing British Politics from 1945-1990 and tbh, even though i know the basic overview and some facts here and there, I am actually dreading this :/
Original post by lilohrisl
Hey guys
Anyone doing Early British History - henry viii?
How do you feel about that? Confident or not? Is there some sort of pattern and can we have some predictions?
I really hope the early period sort of Anne Boleyn or the later dissolution of the monasteries comes up x

Yeah Im doing it too! Not as confident:frown: I think you may be right about the later part of the course as his foreign policy in the early years has come up at least twice! Atleast we have a choice; I'm much better on the earlier stuff with Wolsey instead of Cromwell!
Reply 364
Original post by law123abc
yeah any predictions anyone?

bump again haha
Original post by JaivfromONM
Doing British Politics from 1945-1990 and tbh, even though i know the basic overview and some facts here and there, I am actually dreading this :/

Feel the exact same. I'm praying the sources are nice and that Wilson, Macmillan or Heath is a 40 marker:s-smilie:
Original post by izzyozzy123
Oh yeah I know the one. We used the green Access to History books which I think were much better however it was quite detailed. Yeah that timeline has been helpful as the book i have is in so much detail! Also your table is really good!

To be honest with you I only really started yesterday so I haven't done much however as it's a sources based exam i'm focusing on technique and so I'm looking through the examiner reports and mark schemes for the questions and then as it's an afternoon exam I'm just going to quickly recap all the knowledge based stuff tomorrow morning. What have you been doing?

Today, I've been going through the topics, nearly finished, then I'm gonna try to do a part a) and b) in timed conditions. Tomorrow, I'll probably just read over the content and perhaps do a few more exams. How are you feeling about the exam?
Original post by bob smith 23
Today, I've been going through the topics, nearly finished, then I'm gonna try to do a part a) and b) in timed conditions. Tomorrow, I'll probably just read over the content and perhaps do a few more exams. How are you feeling about the exam?

This morning I was feeling confident however now i'm feeling like i've left everything till the last minute and don't know enough knowledge. However still have a while to do some revision so hopefully it will be okay. You?

Also do you have any predictions? I saw someone say that last years questions were both pre 1900 so its probable that at least one of this years 40 markers will be about the Easter Rising or the Anglo-Irish Treaty?
This morning I was feeling confident however now i'm feeling like i've left everything till the last minute and don't know enough knowledge. However still have a while to do some revision so hopefully it will be okay. You?

Also do you have any predictions? I saw someone say that last years questions were both pre 1900 so its probable that at least one of this years 40 markers will be about the Easter Rising or the Anglo-Irish Treaty?

Yeah, i'm feeling pretty stressed as well- it's not just knowledge, but whether you can interpret the sources on the day...
I'm not too confident about making predictions- I mean they asked on cultural revival last year and nobody thought that could come up. I could be completely wrong here, but Asquith has not come up for the past 2 years, whereas in the past the longest gap was a year (if that makes sense). In all honesty though, I wouldn't put anything past them, they could even ask cultural revival again.
What do you reckon will come up??
I just know that people in my class have been revising for ages, and that's worrying me a lot, what topic did you do for unit 1?
Yeah, i'm feeling pretty stressed as well- it's not just knowledge, but whether you can interpret the sources on the day...
I'm not too confident about making predictions- I mean they asked on cultural revival last year and nobody thought that could come up. I could be completely wrong here, but Asquith has not come up for the past 2 years, whereas in the past the longest gap was a year (if that makes sense). In all honesty though, I wouldn't put anything past them, they could even ask cultural revival again.
What do you reckon will come up??
I just know that people in my class have been revising for ages, and that's worrying me a lot, what topic did you do for unit 1?

Yeah I get you, oh god thats worrying. Yeah i'm really really hoping for good sources and good questions haha. Hopefully as its the last official year they'll be nice! But who knows. Cultural revival wouldn't be bad as i've done a lot on that.

Is this your first year or are you resitting? and I did the Russia in revolution and Stalin's Russia you?
Anybody have any predictions on what will come up for D2 Britain and the Nationalist Challenge In India
Original post by кяя
Anyone have any predictions for the British Politics (1945-90) 40 marker? My teacher says that it's basically guaranteed that Attlee or Thatcher will come up...

I've had lots of exams one after the other so I haven't been revising for the unit 2 exam as much...What should I go over if I have 10 hours?

does your teacher think it'll be a 20 or 40 marker??
Yeah I get you, oh god thats worrying. Yeah i'm really really hoping for good sources and good questions haha. Hopefully as its the last official year they'll be nice! But who knows. Cultural revival wouldn't be bad as i've done a lot on that.

Is this your first year or are you resitting? and I did the Russia in revolution and Stalin's Russia you?

Yeah we did the same for unit 1- what would you do for cultural revival?
This is my first year, but the way it looks I'm resitting...
How do you the exam went?
Yeah we did the same for unit 1- what would you do for cultural revival?
This is my first year, but the way it looks I'm resitting...
How do you the exam went?

You could talk about Boer war increasing the popularity for the Gaelic League and revival of Irish traditions and how this increased the support for the nationalists at the time. Hahaha me too, I'm not really sure to be honest because I came out the exam thinking it went really well and that the questions were good however after thinking about it afterwards I think i missed out a lot of facts that would have helped develop my answer. I was relying on this one to bring up my mark a bit however im not sure thats very likely now.
You could talk about Boer war increasing the popularity for the Gaelic League and revival of Irish traditions and how this increased the support for the nationalists at the time. Hahaha me too, I'm not really sure to be honest because I came out the exam thinking it went really well and that the questions were good however after thinking about it afterwards I think i missed out a lot of facts that would have helped develop my answer. I was relying on this one to bring up my mark a bit however im not sure thats very likely now.

we've not even learnt the Boer war- what q did you pick for unit 1?
I picked the consolidation of Bolshevik power and the 5 year plans
Hey, i'm doing British political history from 1945-1990, and i was wondering if anyone doing the same thing as me could suggest what specific areas i should focus on, for example Attlee, Thatcher etc

and maybe some possible predictions you have heard from other forums or teachers

you would help a lot thanks :smile:
we've not even learnt the Boer war- what q did you pick for unit 1?
I picked the consolidation of Bolshevik power and the 5 year plans

Yeah i did the consolidation of Bolshevik power and then the one about the power struggle
Any predictions for option C?
Yeah i did the consolidation of Bolshevik power and then the one about the power struggle

How much do you think Asquith could be asked?
Anyone does The Experience in Warfare?
Any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending