Scroll to see replies

Original post by C2 MAY 20
Nobody cares that you study more maths

What are you trying to do? Impress us? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i dont even know what those things are either
Original post by C2 MAY 20
Essentially you can change the base of the loagarithm to whatever you want

And so to solve a log equation which has different bases, just change one of the log bases and then you'll have the same bases :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

So how would you do log8(x) + 3logx(4) = 9 be? Im a bit confused...
Original post by El-Presidente
You mean Computer Science? My sixth form doesn't do IT. (Idk if you just called it that because its easier or you actually do ICT).

I'm doing AQA.

Ok, no I'm doing ICT thought u were too, no problem though:s-smilie:
Reply 1163
Original post by Oz_Vessalius
make sure you know your proofs for geometric convergence and your fourier transformations for trig questions involving sine i've heard they've been tipped to come up this year
oh and also you need to understand how the cayley-hamilton theorem works

Hey. maybe you can stop trolling us and help us with our questions? :smile:
What are the formulas and equation that need to be learnt for C2?
Original post by naxiv
The C2 June 2015 paper has been leaked

Do you actually know or just spreading around the rumour like everyone else?
Original post by Oz_Vessalius
make sure you know your proofs for geometric convergence and your fourier transformations for trig questions involving sine i've heard they've been tipped to come up this year
oh and also you need to understand how the cayley-hamilton theorem works

OMG I have never heard of these, didn't even know they were on the spec, can you explain them to me briefly so I know it for tomorrow as I need to learn the basics not the complex parts as I will forget :frown:
Original post by Craig1998
But please don't do it again unless you've finished the first go-over.

And therein lies my mistake on C1... I spent too long checking my answers so I had to rush the end of the paper and made more mistakes than I would have otherwise :P I really wish I could redo the paper, since I know I could have done much better than I actually did on it

as its f(K) you sub in k for the x values, the second bracket is k-k which equals 0.. 0 times the other bracket is 0, meaning youre left with the -8
Original post by lukass
So how would you do log8(x) + 3logx(4) = 9 be? Im a bit confused...

log8(x) + 3log8(4)/log8(x) = 9

(log8(x))^2 + 3log8(4) = 9log8(x)

then rearrange factorise if you can and solve or just quadratic formula
ie. (log8(x))^2 - 9log8(x) + 3log8(4) = 0
use quadratic formula to find log8(x)
then get rid of logs and you are done

Original post by ozzie2
OMG I have never heard of these, didn't even know they were on the spec, can you explain them to me briefly so I know it for tomorrow as I need to learn the basics not the complex parts as I will forget :frown:

lol didnt think anyone would actually believe me deleted now
(edited 8 years ago)
This logggg!! how on earth should be done!
can someone help me on part c
Original post by Columbo97
I don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling a lot more confident for this C2 paper than the C1!!

Hopefully we can help anyone with any queries! :smile:

Na c1 was piss easy this year core 2 going to be a killer
Can somebody please explain what chapter 8, "graphs of trig. functions is all about" and what we need to know from that topic. do questions come up just on that one topic alone or are they mixed with trig identities?
thanks
Original post by studentwiz
can someone help me on part c

I did it this way. Find the angle NAB, do 90 minus this angle. Split ABP into two triangles. Now to find AP you do 6/cos(90-NAB). You get 6 from halving 12.

Sorry I would post a picture to make it clearer but I can't
Reply 1175
Original post by lukass
as its f(K) you sub in k for the x values, the second bracket is k-k which equals 0.. 0 times the other bracket is 0, meaning youre left with the -8

Thanks.

https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/June%202009%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdf

For Q6) whenever they ask you if it's a diameter do you use that formula?
And can you help me with: 6c, q8b and 9a
Original post by userxx990

ab=25

so a=25/b

sub that into your log equation then you should find b then sub into ab=25 to find a
Original post by userxx990

From the log rules, the left side can be rewritten as log4(a/b) and right can be written as log4(64)

Then you remove the logs so it is now a/b=64
x both sides by B so a=64b
Now sub a=64b into the first equation
64b(b)=25
64b^2=25
Root both sides
8b=5
b=5/8

Then sub in b=5/8 into the first equation
a(5/8)=25
a=40

Tell me if I am wrong but that's what I thought of doing :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tizzydag
Can somebody please explain what chapter 8, "graphs of trig. functions is all about" and what we need to know from that topic. do questions come up just on that one topic alone or are they mixed with trig identities?
thanks

you only need to sort of understand what those graphs are but you dont need to remember them. its nice to have an idea of what they are but you dont need to; just remember how to use one solution to an equation to get the rest - ie. 2pi - theta for cos, pi - theta for sin, theta + 2pi for both of them and theta + pi for tan
Anyone got a list of all of the formula's we need to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending