The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else spend like 10 minutes choosing between 1 and 2? Ended up doing 1 ahaha. Thought it was a a nice exam
Original post by jeevanr21
OH MY GOSH. I did it as between macroeconomic objectives I'm panicking right now will I get the marks?

Depends on the point you wrote tbh. What did you write though?
Anyways, I had a conversation with someone in previous post and think that it will somehow be equivalent.
Also, still not sure if it is actually with so don't panick yet.
Original post by questioning123
Did anyone else find the 6 marker for question 2 ridiculous?! And the two 12 markers were quite difficult too, I felt like I was repeating my points continuously in that!

what even was the answer for the 6 marker lool
Original post by TeddyBearMike
No you wouldn't lose a mark you just wont get the mark, so hopefully you wrote your supply policies clearly and gave them good EVA points to make up for your mistake. :smile:

Yeah I did about 4 evaluation points for each. Thank you so much, you've made me feel better now lool. Also do you lose marks if you write AS not LRAS. I also forgot to show the increase in output in the diagram... I've lost marks haven't i 😭 what's the most marks you can get on them in 8 and 12 markers? Anyone know?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by arabinthemist
Did anyone else spend like 10 minutes choosing between 1 and 2? Ended up doing 1 ahaha. Thought it was a a nice exam

What is the exact question of the 30 marker?
Original post by prepdream
Anyways, I had a conversation with someone in previous post and think that it will somehow be equivalent.

june 2009 had the exact same question but it was between and edexcel wouldn't repeat a 30 marker also i read it twice and it was 100% with
Original post by arabinthemist

Lol, it took me a split second to decide, i saw the 30 marker on Q1 and instantly was like **** that crap, and saw Q2 i was so happy. :P
Original post by jimbo1234567890
june 2009 had the exact same question but it was between and edexcel wouldn't repeat a 30 marker also i read it twice and it was 100% with

Okay, just assuming if it is with since I am not sure as there is a lot of people said it was between and a lot said it was with. Do you think my points saying that decrease tax means more employment and thus inflation, rate of interest decrease means more investment and econ growth but pollution and decrease interest rates means current account deficit but demand pull inflation as price of exports fall make sense somehow?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Leking9
1d.) ''To what extent do demand side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

This is how I structured it:

I mentioned a macroeconomic objective in each paragraph, stated HOW a fiscal/monetary policy would help achieve it & then I stated how/why that objective would conflict with the initial objective. Then I obviously evaluated

Perfection, just how i did it.
Any way at least AS Economics is over, no point looking back, if you think you done badly you can always resit any module next year.

Now time to prepare for C2 tomorrow and Chemistry on Friday...... for me.
'To what extent do demand side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)
As I have just discussed with my mates and SEEN it for myself ahah.
Don't worry guys :biggrin:
Original post by prepdream

What do you mean by equivalent?
Well I did it like this:
1) Defined demand-side policies, defined monetary & fiscal policy
2) Diagram showing outward shift in AD
3) Point about how use of expansionary monetary policy causes economic growth but also inequality because some people will benefit from the wage increase more than others
- EVAL about depends on the industry
- EVAL about how this depends on whether tax system is regressive/progressive
Mini follow up point about how fiscal policy leads to poor struggling as welfare payments are lower and taxes higher (again depends on welfare system)

4) Point about how expansionary monetary policy leads to economic growth at expense of environment
-EVAL about how economic growth may benefit the environment as governments can re-invest
-EVAL about how governments could just intervene (e.g. pollution permits)

5) Point about how expansionary monetary policy leads to a trade-off between wages and employment (drew the Phillips curve)
-EVAL about how this depends on spare capacity (some countries with higher populations may always have extra labour

'To what extent do demand side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

And LOL exam papers CAN repeat questions you know...
Some Unit 1 questions were repeated..
Original post by badaman

And LOL exam papers CAN repeat questions you know...
Some Unit 1 questions were repeated..

yh i know but not the big questions and it was with as i emailed a teacher who confirmed
What do you mean by equivalent?
Well I did it like this:
1) Defined demand-side policies, defined monetary & fiscal policy
2) Diagram showing outward shift in AD
3) Point about how use of expansionary monetary policy causes economic growth but also inequality because some people will benefit from the wage increase more than others
- EVAL about depends on the industry
- EVAL about how this depends on whether tax system is regressive/progressive
Mini follow up point about how fiscal policy leads to poor struggling as welfare payments are lower and taxes higher (again depends on welfare system)

4) Point about how expansionary monetary policy leads to economic growth at expense of environment
-EVAL about how economic growth may benefit the environment as governments can re-invest
-EVAL about how governments could just intervene (e.g. pollution permits)

5) Point about how expansionary monetary policy leads to a trade-off between wages and employment (drew the Phillips curve)
-EVAL about how this depends on spare capacity (some countries with higher populations may always have extra labour

''To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

That's good mate I did the same and all my mates saying it was the question above, so did my teacher!
anyone have an answer for the 6 marker on question 2? stumped me
Original post by badaman
''To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

That's good mate I did the same and all my mates saying it was the question above, so did my teacher!

So it's not conflicts WITH?
yh i know but not the big questions and it was with as i emailed a teacher who confirmed

Yes they can mate I've seen it happen before.. and my teacher told me it was

So>>>???
So it's not conflicts WITH?

Nope i am pretty confident it is not!
The guys saying WITH must have misread :P
This discussion seems endless haha.
However, I think that with or between does not make a huge different though, doesn't it?
And yeah, I have seen the question being repeated in economics. The housing one today was actually similar to one past paper I don't remember, and the housing one in Unit 1 is similar with one in the past paper as well so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending