The Student Room Group

AQA AS French May 21st 2015

Not seen a thread so far for AS French, so I thought I'd make one...
-How is everyone revising for listening/reading/grammar/essay?
-Any essay predictions?
-Anything else?

Also how did your speaking exams go?
Good luck for Thursday everyone!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
??
My speaking went quite well (I hope), the invigilator was really nice but I think I made silly grammar mistakes throughout :/
I'm worried about the essay and grammar, struggling to prepare
Reply 3
Original post by butcher98
My speaking went quite well (I hope), the invigilator was really nice but I think I made silly grammar mistakes throughout :/
I'm worried about the essay and grammar, struggling to prepare

Ah that's good! Don't worry about the grammar mistakes, I'm sure they weren't too bad, and it's not meant to be perfect.
Same- I'm worried about the essay mostly...hoping for La Publicité
the spanish and german essays have both been on publicity so doubt it will be that. what are anyones predictions?
Reply 5
Original post by student123678
the spanish and german essays have both been on publicity so doubt it will be that. what are anyones predictions?

Couldn't that mean that they're going to do that for French as well?

I saw on another forum the likely topics are
-la publicité
-la musique
-le sport
-les vacances
-la famille
I hope it's sport or publicity tbh. I did publicity in Spanish today, I mean they might do it In French again I just doubt it
Reply 7
I hope it's sport or publicity tbh. I did publicity in Spanish today, I mean they might do it In French again I just doubt it

Same! Ahh how did Spanish go? What was the publicity Q?
Original post by becketts
Same! Ahh how did Spanish go? What was the publicity Q?

Spanish was good it was a good paper thanks, but yeh it was just straightforward what are the advantages and disadvantages of publicity :smile:
Reply 9
Spanish was good it was a good paper thanks, but yeh it was just straightforward what are the advantages and disadvantages of publicity :smile:

That's great to hear! I have some friends who take Spanish and I should think they'd be happy that advertising came :smile:. Ahhh I'd die (of happiness) if a question like that came up on thursday
I think I'd cry so much (again with happiness) if it was advantages and disadvantages of sport
Reply 11
I think I'd cry so much (again with happiness) if it was advantages and disadvantages of sport

Oooh but what are the disadvantages though? I've got some good advantages tho!!
Original post by becketts
Oooh but what are the disadvantages though? I've got some good advantages tho!!

Extreme sports, doping etc
Reply 13

I think gay marriage/divorce will come up.
Reply 14
Original post by Kaviniya
I think gay marriage/divorce will come up.

Ahh yeah that's a good possibility...not prepared for it though...
Exam tomorrow eeek, so scared. I did a mock a few months ago and got a U. Dunno if I can bring my grade up to atkeast a D.
I'm just going to revise verbs, and just focus on music and holidays 😐 I have a feeling one of them will be there.
Any tips for boosting my grade guys?
Much appreciated
Reply 16
Original post by Shayminfan191
Exam tomorrow eeek, so scared. I did a mock a few months ago and got a U. Dunno if I can bring my grade up to atkeast a D.
I'm just going to revise verbs, and just focus on music and holidays 😐 I have a feeling one of them will be there.
Any tips for boosting my grade guys?
Much appreciated

Don't worry you'll be fine!
Yeah I think music will likely come up.
Just use a variety of tenses in your essay, double check it and make sure you've used correct conjugations and have a go at the the questions! In the grammar gap fill make sure you read the whole sentence and look out for any triggers e.g:
que - usually this triggers subjunctive
en - present participle (so "ant" at the end)
si + present + future
si + imperfect + conditional
de/a always triggers the infinitive
I think the essays will be on either music or sport as they haven't come up at all yet
Reply 18
Sport hasn't come up n a while, nor have internet, fashion or holidays for essay questions. They could be likely? But I have no idea!!
Reply 19
Original post by D_aniella
I think the essays will be on either music or sport as they haven't come up at all yet

Sport came up in 2009 but not since then so it's likely I think, and music came up in 2010
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest