The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zeba_01
Is there anyone that does character and voice for poetry? Predictions? :s-smilie:

Im doing character and voice and i predict my last duchess , brendon gallacher and the ruined maid
Original post by malaikaahmed12
Im doing character and voice and i predict my last duchess , brendon gallacher and the ruined maid

Yeah, if those come up I'm screwed :s-smilie:
I REALLY hope Medusa comes up because it's sooooooooooo easy.
Original post by danosaur_maisy
So the exam yesterday was okkkkay...
I think i did okay in the AIC question - but did ANYONE else do the inequality question?! It seems like everyone did Mr Birling xD
The OMAM question was hard - I ended up writing a bit too much about Lennie - is this terrible! I linked it back to CW but im really worried! I think part b was okay too, i did about loneliness, isolation and lack of stability - was going to put something in about prejudice but decided i hadn't got enough time!

WIll i be ok?!
Good luck for Fridays poetry btw!

i hope that is ok cos that is what i wrote about for OMAM part b. But for AIC i did the inequality qu. as i found that you are talk alot about compared to MR.B.
What cluster are you doing for Poetry?
Does anyone have the predictions for the relationship cluster on Friday please?
Original post by zeba_01
Yeah, if those come up I'm screwed :s-smilie:
I REALLY hope Medusa comes up because it's sooooooooooo easy.

medusa might come up as it hasnt been on since 2011
Reply 745
Any prediction for the conflict cluster?
Also, what type of question can come up.
Original post by StraightA*s
Yeah definitely..
i just hope the exam on Friday is better😅

Yes let's make sure we ace it. Good luck! Fairly confident for the poetry :biggrin:
Original post by charlieecooperr
I did this last year, so I can help anyone if needed :smile:

Can I take you up on that? :wink: We ran out of time to practise answering any poetry questions in school and I'm predicted an a* :s but got a low B in my mock (we only did the unseen bit due to not having done poems by then)- I really don't know what I'm doing! What is the poetry exam like, format, questions etc? How many poems are there and what do you have to do with them? And do you have any tips on how to get this a*, or an A or B? Thanks!
Original post by lucyvb22
Does anyone have the predictions for the relationship cluster on Friday please?

In Paris With You, Brothers and Sister Maude have just been been made available to ask on higher tier now, we got a phonecall home today to tell us they couldn't but now it's changed so I think one of those might?

Also To His Coy Mistress hasn't been asked yet so I'm going to go over that too :smile:
Original post by Pink_bubblegum
i hope that is ok cos that is what i wrote about for OMAM part b. But for AIC i did the inequality qu. as i found that you are talk alot about compared to MR.B.
What cluster are you doing for Poetry?

Yeye i wrote the inequality as well wooo!
I'm doing conflict cluster ahhh you??
Original post by JordanStudent
In Paris With You, Brothers and Sister Maude have just been been made available to ask on higher tier now, we got a phonecall home today to tell us they couldn't but now it's changed so I think one of those might?

Also To His Coy Mistress hasn't been asked yet so I'm going to go over that too :smile:

Thank you ☺️ I really hope it's not To His Coy Mistress!
What about Conflict? Any ideas what will come up?
Original post by _ariane29
Yes let's make sure we ace it. Good luck! Fairly confident for the poetry :biggrin:

Thank you! Good luck to you too :biggrin:
I doing the relationship clutter ....
any predictions for 'Place' cluster
Original post by lucyvb22
Thank you ☺️ I really hope it's not To His Coy Mistress!

How do you actually revise for poetry cos I know the poems but I just need to point to compare the poem with so is it best to do sample poetry answers from past papers or should I just revise the key points to save time ?
Reply 756
Hey, I have a feeling that Belfast confetti,the right word,bayonet charge and falling leaves can come up because they are the only poems that AQA have not done for the conflict cluster.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pink_bubblegum
How do you actually revise for poetry cos I know the poems but I just need to point to compare the poem with so is it best to do sample poetry answers from past papers or should I just revise the key points to save time ?

I've learnt certain quotes and what they mean and then decided what poems I'm going to compare each one to. Also, try some practise questions just to get in the flow of comparing them! Good luck ☺️
Original post by G_J123
Hey, I have a feeling that Belfast confetti,the right word,bayonet charge and falling leaves can come up because they are the only poems that AQA have not done for the conflict cluster.

Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti have been done already. My best ones are yellow palm and come on come back so holding out for one of them, or ones that haven't come up
Original post by andyman1006
Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti have been done already. My best ones are yellow palm and come on come back so holding out for one of them, or ones that haven't come up

I love COme on Come back, but apparently it came up in Nov 2014 paper? i don't know if this is right...
I want next to of course god america i or Hawk but not much chance of those :frown:
Maybe Out of The Blue.. or flag maybe - I hope not THE RIGHT WORD! Its a nightmare ahhh -
Has anyone got any good notes on Right Word, Mametz wood and Charge of Lightbrigade???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending