The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olon
Tevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagxhttps://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/June%202009%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdfFor Q6) whenever they ask you if it's a diameter do you use that formula?And can you help me with: 6c, q8b and 9a

Thanks

url not found ?
Original post by particlestudent
Multiply it out by the denominator, and then bring it to the left hand side making it equal to zero :smile: And then factorise I think

Original post by coolguy12345
Multiply both sides by (4sin(2*theta) - 1) and you've got something you can factorise.

Thanks both of you guys I was not subtracting 4sin2* from sin* lol thats y i was always ending up with a weird ass looking like silly eq :/
TY! :biggrin:
Original post by Olon
Tevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagxhttps://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec83003f9fbc283b2c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYSGtmV3dzVVVvNTg/June%202009%20QP%20-%20C2%20Edexcel.pdfFor Q6) whenever they ask you if it's a diameter do you use that formula?And can you help me with: 6c, q8b and 9a

Thanks

The link doesn't work
HOW DO YOU DO THIS QUESTION!
Solomon press paper L. I'm pretty sure it's impossible.
Please explain step by step.

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 8.33.31 PM.png
Original post by usmanzubair
Untitled.png

Someone please help me with this question because I am completely unable to understand how to simplify :frown:

Theta = x... I think its like this

Sin2x / 4Sin2x - Sin2x / 1 = 1

then youre left with

1/4 - Sin2x = 1

Multiple by 4

1 - 4Sin2x = 4

Take across and take the 4 down

-3/4 = Sin2x then solve for x
For anybody retaking like myself:

For Binomial Expansion, does it matter whether you use the common C4 method (1 + nx + n(n-1)/2! (x)^2 +...),
or do you have to specifically use the C2 nCr method?
Reply 1247
Original post by grn
They both do the exact same thing, nCr is just a quick calculator shortcut of writing out that formula

Can you just use the ncr method for everything cause sometimes the mark scheme shows the other method
What do you do if r is greater then 1??

Posted from TSR Mobile
In logs does ln mean log to the base 10?
(null) thank you so much but in the mark scheme it says 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AffirmedCube

For Binomial Expansion, does it matter whether you use the common C4 method (1 + nx + n(n-1)/2! (x)^2 +...),

No it doesn't.
Reply 1252

yh that method is fine just takes longer cause it might not always be 1 + watever
could be 2 + watever
using the c2 formula so much easier lol

What part on question 6? all of it?
for 8, what do you know the length is for any point from the centre to any point to the radius?
Original post by Haych97
The question attached

How do u do that

You can use the C4 method, It comes out the same and its always in the mark schemes, I wasnt sure either until the other day:smile:
Original post by El-Presidente
No it doesn't.

Just making sure so I don't lose any crucial marks, hehe.
hey guys i have a few questions about the exam tomorrow:

1... what are the chances of the paper (c2) being harder than last year's c2 june 2014R? this one was so difficult!
2... was last year's c2 paper the 2014 or 2014R?
3... if i was to have completed all of the available c2 papers online from edexcel and repeated a few of them, however not having done any solomon papers, is there a chance i can still get an A?
4... potential grade boundaries?
5... as many people found the c1 paper last week quite difficult (however i personally didnt), is there a chance that this c2 paper will be "easier"?

good luck!!!!
Reply 1258
Original post by tevagx51
url not found ?

Crap. I think someone's already answered anyway :smile:
Original post by frozo123
no :frown:

What do I do then? It says that on page 24 in the textbook? xx

Quick Reply