The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Guys what do I do...??? I pretty much know I'm gonna fail this part of the history exam. Our school was so bad at teaching it, we learned literally nothing and I basically only know about Attlee in depth. What's my chance of an A if I ace the sources A question and get the marks for the sources in B but not own knowledge, and if I did really well on my unit 1?

I literally have no hope if Attlee doesn't come up. Might as well just die in my sleep.
Reply 381
Hey, I'm doing a retake this year and Callaghan and Attlee came up last year for the 40 mark, so I highly doubt they are going to come up again (don't take my word for it though aha). But my teacher believes Thatcher is likely to come up, or the lack of differences between Labour and Conservatives during the 1950s.
Original post by bob smith 23
How much do you think Asquith could be asked?

I have no idea to be honest I was relying on other peoples predictions as I haven't really seen any trends or anything. At the moment I don't know much about him so I'm hoping not very much! What do you think?
lets all cry coz we are going to fail :frown:
Anyone doing Experience of Warfare (Crimea, Boer and WW1)?
is it a good idea to do the 20 marker or 40 marker first?:smile:
I'm gonna be ok with the 20 marker but the 40 marker will destroy me, I'll have to retake this next year.

What's the prediction for the experience for warfare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzyozzy123
I have no idea to be honest I was relying on other peoples predictions as I haven't really seen any trends or anything. At the moment I don't know much about him so I'm hoping not very much! What do you think?

I really hope it comes up-it's probably the topic I know best. Not feeling confident on the later stuff though
Reply 388
Original post by victoria1998

I am, i'm so worried for it; hardly know anything. u got any predicitions?

Yeah aha, quite nervous to be honest, any idea what will come up?
Original post by Gunnarsunn
Well I'm doing the Changing Role of Women's question, I basically stick to:

- 3 Paragraphs arguing for my side
- 2 Paragraphs that act as the counter view.

However, stick to a PEEL structure. Point, Evidence, Explanation and Link. Ensure each are clear and that the evidence from the sources are relevant. Attempt to cross-reference the sources where applicable. Include your own knowledge which supports the evidence that you used in our point.

It's relatively simple, just an extended version of a 20 markers plus own knowledge. There doesn't tend to be one, profound and clear structure due to the varying nature of sources and candidate interpretations of them.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

What do u mean by counter view?
Im doing British political history, does anyone have any sample essays for part B because Im struggling to the balance between own knowledge and use of the sources.
Also how much revision has everyone done? Because some people in my year have done none whereas others have done loads! Some say 'we don't need to' but Im stressing!
Original post by Gunnarsunn
It contains enough information which is valid to weigh it up as a useful source. I suggest you ask your teacher why you and possibly many others in your class have not been informed otherwise. I hope you have seen this error and I hope I have provided you with knowledgeable information.

Regards - Gunnarsunn and good day!

How much would u write about the eighing up? like a paragraph of 10 lines?
Original post by кяя
Guys what do I do...??? I pretty much know I'm gonna fail this part of the history exam. Our school was so bad at teaching it, we learned literally nothing and I basically only know about Attlee in depth. What's my chance of an A if I ace the sources A question and get the marks for the sources in B but not own knowledge, and if I did really well on my unit 1?

I literally have no hope if Attlee doesn't come up. Might as well just die in my sleep.

If you get 20/20 and then 16/40 it adds up to 36/60. That's a mid to high D.

You'll the need to have secured an A grade on your unit 1 by 9 marks, meaning you'll probably have to get full marks for both essays.

Unfortunately, you'll have to try your best. If own knowledge was not needed they wouldn't give it 24 marks. You still have about 15 hours or so, learn some facts from across the chapters, at least then you'll secure some marks. If not, then I can't help you.
Original post by j5994
I am, i'm so worried for it; hardly know anything. u got any predicitions?

Original post by JakeJamesMorgan
Yeah aha, quite nervous to be honest, any idea what will come up?

I'm panicking, only revised WW1... I have no clue, do you guys have any ideas?!?! :frown: :frown:
Someone tell me do we need to cross reference in part a) or is it just 1 para:agree, 1para disagree and then conclusion???
Original post by edward090
How much would u write about the eighing up? like a paragraph of 10 lines?

For the B question weighing up the principle source would require 4 to 5 lines. It's the same for both A and B questions, the theory to behind 'weighing up' is all about how useful the source is in answering the question.
Reply 397
I'm panicking, only revised WW1... I have no clue, do you guys have any ideas?!?! :frown: :frown:

I've covered ww1 except chapter 7 and 12 and I've left Crimea out for the most part. Hoping desperately for a classic crimean question a and a really nice boer question b, or ww1 homefront one. tbh if u know all ww1 you're set, will definitely be a question on it in b
Me and couple of students in my class did topic(controversies) plans for the topic of "Experience of Warfare in Britain"
Feel free to use it as a revision tool;
Note: I was going convert all of them to mindmaps but didn't have enough time.
Original post by j5994
I've covered ww1 except chapter 7 and 12 and I've left Crimea out for the most part. Hoping desperately for a classic crimean question a and a really nice boer question b, or ww1 homefront one. tbh if u know all ww1 you're set, will definitely be a question on it in b

ONE year, they didn't ask a WW1 question in Part B...

But, that was once? Haha... hoping for one. I mean really, you only need to revise 2 of the wars because you don't need own knowledge for Part A question? I'm panicking because I don't think 20 minutes is enough for Part A, AND I don't think that many of the topics are big enough, or full of enough information to write a Part B answer on?!?! I mean, how would you tackle a Part B question on the "the war economy", the points just aren't exhaustive enough?!?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending