The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Has there been any log equation Questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AffirmedCube
For anybody retaking like myself:

For Binomial Expansion, does it matter whether you use the common C4 method (1 + nx + n(n-1)/2! (x)^2 +...),
or do you have to specifically use the C2 nCr method?

It doesn't matter, use whichever you find easiest!
Original post by Chewysambe
What do I do then? It says that on page 24 in the textbook? xx

stop trolling
First three terms of a geometric series are 4p, (3p +15) and (5p +20) where p is a positive constant. Show that 11p^2 -10p -225=0

Someone please explain how to do this!!
Original post by Da Di Doo
Ok thank you

k.

cool.
Original post by ChronicBoredom
First three terms of a geometric series are 4p, (3p +15) and (5p +20) where p is a positive constant. Show that 11p^2 -10p -225=0

(3p+15)/4p= (5p+20)/(3p+15)
solve

The ration must be the same, so the jump between the 1st and the 2nd is equal to the jump between the 2 and the 3rd

3p+15/4p must be equal to 5p+20/3p+15. :smile:

Use U2/U1 = U3/U2
so 3P+15/4P = 5P+20/3P+15
then just cross multiply and rearrange

Did this question earlier, hope this helped :smile:

EDIT: sorry didn't realize someone beat me to it, my bad :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSR121
hey guys i have a few questions about the exam tomorrow:

1... what are the chances of the paper (c2) being harder than last year's c2 june 2014R? this one was so difficult!
2... was last year's c2 paper the 2014 or 2014R?
3... if i was to have completed all of the available c2 papers online from edexcel and repeated a few of them, however not having done any solomon papers, is there a chance i can still get an A?
4... potential grade boundaries?
5... as many people found the c1 paper last week quite difficult (however i personally didnt), is there a chance that this c2 paper will be "easier"?

good luck!!!!

1: This year's C2 will definitely be a lot harder. My teacher's seen the leaked paper and it contains some C3 stuff - they thought it would make it more of a challenge but still doable because a lot of people sitting C2 this year are also doing C3.
2: Both.
3: Nope. You need to do some C3 papers too.
4: Probably around 71.5/75 this year, scaled up to account for grade inflation in as a result of some new education policies drawn up by the new government.
5: Nope. NO chance of that at all. Sorry.

You find r

3p + 15/ 4p gives you r

5p +20/ 3p +15 gives you r

So you can set them equal to each other and solve it to get the quadratic xx good luck tomorrow <3 !!!!
Original post by Haych97
The question attached

thats some hard question ,i doubt that will come up in c2 but can u send me the answer please
What formulas do I need to know off by heart?
Original post by Oz_Vessalius
1: This year's C2 will definitely be a lot harder. My teacher's seen the leaked paper and it contains some C3 stuff - they thought it would make it more of a challenge but still doable because a lot of people sitting C2 this year are also doing C3.
2: Both.
3: Nope. You need to do some C3 papers too.
4: Probably around 71.5/75 this year, scaled up to account for grade inflation in as a result of some new education policies drawn up by the new government.
5: Nope. NO chance of that at all. Sorry.

im sorry but what you just said sounds like rubbish - im assuming youre trying to stress us all out? theyre not going to put c3 stuff in the c2 paper seeing as the majority of those taking it arent retaking, its their first time...

and no it wasnt both papers sat last year, one was leaked...
Original post by Elliemay97
Hi I'm not sure how you can tell whether the estimate for the trapezium rule is an underestimate or an overestimate?

Hope this helps :P

image1.jpg[
Say if I get sin ^2theta=1/9. Can I square root it like that to give me sintheta is equal to 1/3????
Reply 1277
Original post by frozo123
What part on question 6? all of it?
for 8, what do you know the length is for any point from the centre to any point to the radius?

It's a midpoint. So what next? If you could give me a straighforward answer please. :redface:
And just 6)a
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oz_Vessalius

Wait, how did your teacher gain access to the leaked paper lol? And by "C3 stuff", what exactly do you mean. Technically, the examiners can only test what is on the specification for C2 and not C3, so where exactly are you drawing these conclusions from...? :s-smilie: :colonhash:
Original post by the north
thats some hard question ,i doubt that will come up in c2 but can u send me the answer please

Yeh but you can never be too sure:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending