The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

Okay let's be logical why waste time over an exam that's done and stress??

Focus on the rest xx

I didn't do this question thank god
But I'm sure whatsover u would gain marks about some sort of conflict
And probably ull get your eval points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Confirmed by my Economics teacher:

''To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

END of Debate.
Reply 762
Original post by falloutboyyy
Okay let's be logical why would they ask u a question about demand side policy and then on top of that conflicting between two objectives? ??
It had to be how does it conflict with
As u choose three to conflict with

I didn't do this question thank god
But I'm sure it was with

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair argument. I agree. However,
we have seriously conflict reports here.

I am trying to think of a circumstance under which it could be 'with' but also the word 'between' could be in the question and as such explaining the confusion.
For question 2 did the question ( 4 marker) ask about components of the bop or of the current account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
was the 6 marker on q2 refering to index numbers?
Hi I've had a few people reply which I'm grateful for, could someone tell me if I would get any marks at all? (This is copy and pasted from earlier)

defined subsidies (I said something about tax breaks, not sure exactly and obviously explaining basic subsidies)
LRAS curve expanding to the right
Explained subdues cause increase in demand due to lower price, resulting in investment and then shift in LRAS to the right (not sure that's to far forward or not). Drew a normal supply/demand curve demonstrating supply shifting downwards.
Went onto explain that an increase in output due to more quantity sold and higher total value of goods.
Then showed a PPF curve with ppf shifting but not a change in output as it is below ppf line.
Also showed a LRAS curve with AD to low down on the curve for a shift in LRAS to make any difference.
Then talked about the cost of subsidies, government borrowing or taxes increase (With taxes meaning less money in circular flow of income, causing AD to shift to the left) and government borrowing causing an added burden on later generation and briefly mentioned that there would be IR repayments. (is this evaluation or KAA)
Then went to say the multiplier effect will mean that the first investment will be re-spent, maybe getting back the initial cost in borrowing through taxation and an increase in AD and output.

Honestly freaking out, it felt good writing it but apparently subsidies is completely wrong. Had some helpful people earlier but was just wondering if someone could give me an estimation on marks? (If any)
Reply 766
Original post by badaman
Confirmed by my Economics teacher:

''To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

END of Debate.

I wish someone could post a screenshot or scan of the paper. I have little doubt that it was between at this stage. However, I have misread questions before but transforming it from 'between' to 'with' is rather strange. Also I could swear it said 'the' macroeconomic objectives...
Original post by Jemy
I wish someone could post a screenshot or scan of the paper. I have little doubt that it was between at this stage. However, I have misread questions before but transforming it from 'between' to 'with' is rather strange. Also I could swear it said 'the' macroeconomic objectives...

with the between lol im soo confused now. who can get a copy of the paper
Reply 768
Original post by jimbo1234567890

I know, thing is unless the other guy was trolling he also said his teacher told him that it was with. I am not putting my hopes up for anything, but something is fishy here. As I said maybe in the wording on the question there was both between and with...

Also I am tempted of considering a complained against Edexcel for not highlighting between, anyone has a idea if that could work?
Original post by Jemy

Original post by jimbo1234567890

Haha yeah guys..

Really need to see the paper.

Pretty sure it is 'between' and asking for 'with' seems too little of a question for 30 marks in my opinion, but I may be wrong.

Guess results day is the only way we find out.. Or if paper gets online somehow..
Original post by Jemy
I know, thing is unless the other guy was trolling he also said his teacher told him that it was with. I am not putting my hopes up for anything, but something is fishy here. As I said maybe in the wording on the question there was both between and with...

Also I am tempted of considering a complained against Edexcel for not highlighting between, anyone has a idea if that could work?

I would complain yeah.. It will be outrageous if it is WITH and I wrote a 30 mark essay on BETWEEN..
Original post by legendary1
For question 2 did the question ( 4 marker) ask about components of the bop or of the current account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Components of the current account of the balance of payments, which i believe is trade in goods, trade in services, investment income and transfers
Reply 772
Original post by badaman
Haha yeah guys..

Really need to see the paper.

Pretty sure it is 'between' and asking for 'with' seems too little of a question for 30 marks in my opinion, but I may be wrong.

Guess results day is the only way we find out.. Or if paper gets online somehow..

But also as the lady earlier highlighted that asking for demand side policies and then for how those result in conflicts between macroeconomic objectives is also a bit of a stretch. I think the truth lies somewhere in the between, I saw 'the' and then oncr I was done I saw 'between'.

Yup the paper has to be released and I will file a enquiry tomorrow and might as well consider a compaint.

But yeah man lets hope it goes somewhat okay. I think now that question 1 was the wrong choice given the majority seemingly having picked 2...
Original post by Jemy
But also as the lady earlier highlighted that asking for demand side policies and then for how those result in conflicts between macroeconomic objectives is also a bit of a stretch. I think the truth lies somewhere in the between, I saw 'the' and then oncr I was done I saw 'between'.

Yup the paper has to be released and I will file a enquiry tomorrow and might as well consider a compaint.

But yeah man lets hope it goes somewhat okay. I think now that question 1 was the wrong choice given the majority seemingly having picked 2...

Yeah dude I really hope its BETWEEN for my sake, but then I'll feel sorry for you and the other few who wrote it as WITH... :/

Yeah dude DM me when you make the enquiry if you will :biggrin:

And Yup I took Q.1 haha but seemingly all my friends did too (sayings its BETWEEN), but everyone here on TSR saying they did Q.2 ?!
Even if so, will an essay for "between" lose a lot of marks?
Reply 775
In addition given that it is the same question from June 2009. Has there been a single repetition of 30 markers before? I mean even in history they never did that, might be same sort of question but not the same wording, ever.
Original post by Jemy
In addition given that it is the same question from June 2009. Has there been a single repetition of 30 markers before? I mean even in history they never did that, might be same sort of question but not the same wording, ever.

> Yeah they have repeated questions before.
> There were repeats in Unit 1.
> This debate goes on and on.
Reply 777
Original post by prepdream
Even if so, will an essay for "between" lose a lot of marks?

I have confidence in either case there should be at least 15-18 marks to be gained, meaning if we did well on the other 50's worth then it should still be an A.

But yeah this is insane, the confusion on this matter is ridiculous seems almost like a half way rift; which makes me suspect maybe both between and at least the being in the question.

@bad
I shall keep you updated. Might get my hands tomorrow on one of those spare papers, I am in a small school and was the only candidate, might smooth talk someone :wink:
Original post by badaman
> Yeah they have repeated questions before.
> There were repeats in Unit 1.
> This debate goes on and on.

their has never been a repeated 30 marker or 14 marker only the smaller 1s have
Reply 779
I have a really big question

In Q2 what did the figure show between 2008 and 2010

Pls help meeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending