The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frozo123
stop trolling

I wasn't trying to sorry x
Original post by particlestudent
Say if I get sin ^2theta=1/9. Can I square root it like that to give me sintheta is equal to 1/3????

You can square root it, yes, but make sure you set sin theta equal to +1/3 and -1/3
Original post by Johann von Gauss
OB = r
so triangles OAB and OCD are equilateral

thus shaded area = sector OBC - segment ABO - segment DOC

all the angles are pi/3, so just use the formulas for the areas of those objects

hope this helps

Why are the angles pi/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oz_Vessalius
1: This year's C2 will definitely be a lot harder. My teacher's seen the leaked paper and it contains some C3 stuff - they thought it would make it more of a challenge but still doable because a lot of people sitting C2 this year are also doing C3.
2: Both.
3: Nope. You need to do some C3 papers too.
4: Probably around 71.5/75 this year, scaled up to account for grade inflation in as a result of some new education policies drawn up by the new government.
5: Nope. NO chance of that at all. Sorry.

You don't know what you're on about. 71 marks for an A. You got to be joking. Your "teacher's seen the leaked papers". ok mate. Stop trying to scare people.
Original post by AffirmedCube
Wait, how did your teacher gain access to the leaked paper lol? And by "C3 stuff", what exactly do you mean. Technically, the examiners can only test what is on the specification for C2 and not C3, so where exactly are you drawing these conclusions from...? :s-smilie: :colonhash:

It won't be like that.... rubbish. I bet it will be bad but they won't include C3 junk.
You can square root it, yes, but make sure you set sin theta equal to +1/3 and -1/3

thank you :P
Original post by j0ydivision
In logs does ln mean log to the base 10?

nope, the log button means log to the base ten, don't use the ln button it isn't relevant for C2
i swear if i tried to count the number of trolls on this page it would be like the sum to infinity... ay ay?
Original post by Olon
It's a midpoint. So what next? If you could give me a straighforward answer please. :redface:

The radius will cut the chord therefore the x coord to A will be 6 units left and the x coordinate to the right will be 6 to the right
then once you got -4 and 8 you sub it in into the equation as any point on the circumference satisfies the equation :smile: hope that helps
Reply 1289
Can we get asked a question with a binomial where the power is an unknown?

Doing Solomon papers and they have several questions where the power is unknown, and you have to expand and prove it etc...
Reply 1290
Guys, do you think it will be a good idea if i stayed up till about 2ish. Then set my alarm for 7ish. There's just so many things i need to cover. Last minute revision sucks :frown:
Hey guys,
I've just been told by a friend that tomorrow's C2 paper has been leaked, and when trying to find further information on it, I couldn't. I can't seem to access threads made regarding the subject either. Does anyone have any idea what's going on, and if it's just trolling, or might we actually get a reserve paper?

Wait why can't it be -1/3. There would still be values if it was -1/3
Anyone know the date for C1 exam?
Original post by particlestudent
Wait why can't it be -1/3. There would still be values if it was -1/3

Yep, that's what I just told you...
Reply 1295
Original post by alunthomass
Anyone know the date for C1 exam?

It was on 13 th may.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .JC.
Can we get asked a question with a binomial where the power is an unknown?

Doing Solomon papers and they have several questions where the power is unknown, and you have to expand and prove it etc...

yeah just use the 1 + nx ting
Yep, that's what I just told you...

Oh I read it wrong
Trolls be done with you. Go irritate the s3 people!
Original post by a.a.k
It was on 13 th may.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh got bareeee time to revise then, cheers pal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending