The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

What do you think i would get for the behavioural approach out of 6 marks

I wrote that the emphasis is on the environment and how behaviour is acquired through social learning and classical/operant conditioning. The emphasis is also on the external factors and behaviour that is learnt can be unlearnt and this is how abnormal behaviour develops through learnt and treated( un learnt). An example would be wear a eating disorder is created through operant conditioning. The person may lose weight to gain social acceptance or praise from peers. Therefore the eating disorder is maintained through positive re inforcement. Also another example is how it explains a phobia such as UCS(noise) and UCR (fear), then UCR(noice) + NS(clown) > UCR(fear) then the CS(clown) and CR(fear). how much out of 6 roughly
Original post by k.bryan4
It said something like the success of her project was down to the work of her other colleagues

With life changes, was it because of her daughter's wedding?

Yep, I said her daughters wedding was a life change. On the SRRS gaining a new family member is a life change, so I thought Janet having a son in law would count as a new family member. Going on holiday is also a life change according to Holmes and Rahe, so I said that her planning a holiday was one too.
Original post by K3lvin
What do you think i would get for the behavioural approach out of 6 marks

I wrote that the emphasis is on the environment and how behaviour is acquired through social learning and classical/operant conditioning. The emphasis is also on the external factors and behaviour that is learnt can be unlearnt and this is how abnormal behaviour develops through learnt and treated( un learnt). An example would be wear a eating disorder is created through operant conditioning. The person may lose weight to gain social acceptance or praise from peers. Therefore the eating disorder is maintained through positive re inforcement. Also another example is how it explains a phobia such as UCS(noise) and UCR (fear), then UCR(noice) + NS(clown) > UCR(fear) then the CS(clown) and CR(fear). how much out of 6 roughly

tbh I'd give that 5 or 6 but thats just my opinion :smile:
Unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Original post by Bobhopkins05
Really???! I wrote about systematic desensitisation too so I think I lost 12 marks

I can't remember the exact details but it was something along those lines. You might get lucky and pick up a few marks, particularly because I've heard quite a lot of people have made similar mistakes. You may also find that a few evaluative points that you wrote about can still pick you up some marks. However, there is always the possibility that you don't get any of these marks! Hope for the best though :smile:
Original post by nat100000
I wrote about biological approach instead of behavioural, and I gave detailed explanation so could I get like 1 or 2 marks for it or none?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably think because this is only a six-marker rather than a twelve-marker they might be less generous with marking. I would say unless you are extremely lucky you are unlikely to get more than one mark. I wouldn't worry about it too much though as theres nothing we can do now! :smile:
You'd get 0 marks for talking about Biologicalwhen questioned wanted behavioural

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eleanor303
I probably think because this is only a six-marker rather than a twelve-marker they might be less generous with marking. I would say unless you are extremely lucky you are unlikely to get more than one mark. I wouldn't worry about it too much though as theres nothing we can do now! :smile:

If im being honest then well You will get 0 marks because examiners expect you to know the difference and frankly they will think you dont know your stuff im sorry but your more likely to get 0 than 1 but you never know you may receive some credit but is unlikely, i dont understand why people do not read the questions properly so you wouldnt be in this predicament
It was clear and Unambiguous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K3lvin
If im being honest then well You will get 0 marks because examiners expect you to know the difference and frankly they will think you dont know your stuff im sorry but your more likely to get 0 than 1 but you never know you may receive some credit but is unlikely, i dont understand why people do not read the questions properly so you wouldnt be in this predicament

I do know the difference I clearly started my answer by saying the 3 main assumptions of the biological approach are.... It thought it said biological

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K3lvin

I did read the question like 3 times and I was running out of time so that's why...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do know the difference I clearly started my answer by saying the 3 main assumptions of the biological approach are.... It thought it said biological

Posted from TSR Mobile

alright mate relax but you clearly dont know the difference as you talked about biological sorry man but its done lets leave it
Original post by K3lvin
alright mate relax but you clearly dont know the difference as you talked about biological sorry man but its done lets leave it

I do know the difference! I thought it said biological I know what behavioural is operant, classical and social learning theory! Anyway it's done now☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do know the difference! I thought it said biological I know what behavioural is operant, classical and social learning theory! Anyway it's done now☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright 6 marks for you leave me alone
Original post by K3lvin
Alright 6 marks for you leave me alone

I didn't mean to come across as rude it was just because I read the question wrong because I was running out of time sorry!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay guys we all need to relax and stop getting anxious over our answers. I mean yesterday was fine talking about it but today as well come on we should move on and ace our other exams. 😀
Original post by saran12
Okay guys we all need to relax and stop getting anxious over our answers. I mean yesterday was fine talking about it but today as well come on we should move on and ace our other exams. 😀

Yeah you're right good luck with the rest of your exams everyone☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iodo345
It was as if the examiners knew it was the last year so couldn't be bothered to produce new questions and bunged a load of old ones together. How did you find it and what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I found both exams really good based on grade boundaries for previous years unit 2 has had the highest 54 for an A and lowest 48 for an A im thinking 51 for an A this year last year it was 50. unit 1 grade boundaries are often 3 marks more than unit 2 tbh theyre quite low considering its out of 72:biggrin: what about you? how did u find it
Original post by AlanC98
I found both exams really good based on grade boundaries for previous years unit 2 has had the highest 54 for an A and lowest 48 for an A im thinking 51 for an A this year last year it was 50. unit 1 grade boundaries are often 3 marks more than unit 2 tbh theyre quite low considering its out of 72:biggrin: what about you? how did u find it

I thought both went well overall but I was stronger on the unit 2 and threw stupid marks away in unit 1 research methods. I'm hoping the grade boundaries are no higher than 57-a 52-b etc in unit 1 and then no higher than 55-a 50 b etc in unit 2.

BTW for the personality in type A and B did you have to refer to the HPA system as this is the only thing that worries me?
Original post by iodo345
I thought both went well overall but I was stronger on the unit 2 and threw stupid marks away in unit 1 research methods. I'm hoping the grade boundaries are no higher than 57-a 52-b etc in unit 1 and then no higher than 55-a 50 b etc in unit 2.

BTW for the personality in type A and B did you have to refer to the HPA system as this is the only thing that worries me?

The personality type question shouldn't have referred to the HPA system, because HPA system isn't directly linked to personality types and it said to refer to research in the answer, although you could still pick up 1 or 2 marks. It was getting at direct studies for personality types, for example I put about Friedman and Rosenan who investigated the link between type A personalities and coronary heart disease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending