The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bullettheory
Have you tried putting a headphone in one of your ears and playing some music? That can sometimes help with voices. Also one thing I do sometimes is tell the voice I don't want to speak to them now but I will later. Sounds a bit weird but it worked for me :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Music does help from time to time but I can't listen to it much due to the headache I've got (side effect of Quetiapine).
Tight chest. :frown:
rant/

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks

It's okay, it's the thought that counts :yep:

:hugs: you can do this!

thank you

---------

feel so ill :frown:
Had a great therapy session. Had a breakthrough by myself Friday night, but today we really went deep into what it was about. Feel very positive on that front.

So that was great - but on the other hand, I'm quite frankly fed up with people not saying what they mean and / or saying things they don't mean. It is messing with my head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo college is over just one more week to go and two weeks till exams then hopefully I should get the grades I need

Posted from TSR Mobile
Food
Parents gone out for a meal and I said I was just going to revise and have a microwave meal. I opened a meal so I could keep the packaging out so they would think I'd actually eaten but binned the meal itself. Not sure what's worse, the guilt from wasting food/money or the guilt I would have felt from actually eating it. :bawling:
TW sexual abuse

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
TW sexual abuse

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

*offers safety blanket* maybe it's better to be safe than sorry honey and I know it's hard to hear people joke about that I understand
Original post by hellokittymad
*offers safety blanket* maybe it's better to be safe than sorry honey and I know it's hard to hear people joke about that I understand

Just dont know how to word it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just dont know how to word it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

want to PM me? Im not sure how much use i'll be but i'll give it my best shot
want to PM me? Im not sure how much use i'll be but i'll give it my best shot

Iv sent something to the school

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
All I can do I give you a massive hug or two, so here: :jumphug: :penguinhug: I'm sorry that the voices came back.

Thanks. :smile: Seeing my psychologist tomorrow so gonna bring things up with her and hopefully she can help in some way.

Sorry to hear your's are still bugging you. :console: Like bullettheory I found listening to music through one ear sometimes helps, though I guess not good with the headache. When are you going back to your psychiatrist? I'd say it's definitely worth mentioning the unpleasant side effects you're getting to him/her; if they persist too long or become un-handle-able (yeah...I forgot the right word :colondollar: ) it might be worth trying a different antipsychotic.
Iv sent something to the school

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's really good lovely (: I'm proud of you xx
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks. :smile: Seeing my psychologist tomorrow so gonna bring things up with her and hopefully she can help in some way.

Sorry to hear your's are still bugging you. :console: Like bullettheory I found listening to music through one ear sometimes helps, though I guess not good with the headache. When are you going back to your psychiatrist? I'd say it's definitely worth mentioning the unpleasant side effects you're getting to him/her; if they persist too long or become un-handle-able (yeah...I forgot the right word :colondollar: ) it might be worth trying a different antipsychotic.

Definitely talk to your psychiatrist. :smile:

Friday, 2pm. They are also getting my daddy in because he doesn't really know about the voices and I find it hard to explain. The headache is bugging me because I'm in the middle of exams - I have history tomorrow and I should be done revising for the night but I'm not because I'm behind due to the headache. :frown:
that's really good lovely (: I'm proud of you xx

Thanks, as soon as i heard it all i just froze and wanted to get off the bus, if i wasnt with my boyfriend i would have got of and waited for the next bus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
Definitely talk to your psychiatrist. :smile:

Friday, 2pm. They are also getting my daddy in because he doesn't really know about the voices and I find it hard to explain. The headache is bugging me because I'm in the middle of exams - I have history tomorrow and I should be done revising for the night but I'm not because I'm behind due to the headache. :frown:

Does your school know that you just started a new medication? It's understandably difficult to concentrate on revision with a severe headache or the tiredness or other side effects of Q - not to mention the difficulty of trying to do work while hearing voices.

Sounds like a good idea to get them to explain to your dad. I found it difficult to explain things to my mother so I got a CPN to do it for me :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
Does your school know that you just started a new medication? It's understandably difficult to concentrate on revision with a severe headache or the tiredness or other side effects of Q - not to mention the difficulty of trying to do work while hearing voices.

Sounds like a good idea to get them to explain to your dad. I found it difficult to explain things to my mother so I got a CPN to do it for me :tongue:

My school know, and I'm getting rest breaks during my exams, but they are important - A2 exams to get me into university. :frown: It's frustrating because the illnesses are winning right now and impacting on my revision.

It was hard enough telling him I was referred, so I'll leave it to the professionals! :tongue:
feel awful :cry:

Latest