The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by InkHeart
I go stuck on this one as well.

Patt a and b

Posted from TSR Mobile
well the first part is midpoint of two points and then equations or a circle which is pretty simple then I believe the chord meets at right angles to shortest line from a so you can use some sort of pythag then the last bit will just be trig (draw a diagram )
Original post by Haych97
We need to prove the sum formula not the sum to infinity formula though

yh not the sum to infinity but the other ones
Reply 1463
Can people plz do a screen shot of the question so we dont have to download a full paper for one question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
Sum to n terms or sum to infinity?

Sum to n terms came up asking for a proof, you don't need to know the proof for sum to infinity

just the sum of n terms one

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/C2_Jan_2007_paper.pdf

10a is proof of sum of n terms

no infinity bitchhhhhhh

It's not that hard, which bit do you not get?

thanks a lot but i mean like d the veeeeery last question
Reply 1469
Original post by mymomsaidstudy

On it

Posted from TSR Mobile

area of a triangle is 1/2absinC
so 1/2x^2sin60 ( sin60 is root3/2)
then the rectangle is xy
the semi circle is pi/2(1/2x)^2 which is pi/8x^2
rearrange for y
hope that helps :smile:
ps, what kind of beta male name is inkheart?
Original post by 43zombiegit
It's not that hard, which bit do you not get?

d is the one I'm kinda stuck on or maybe my brain has just lost all its functional means
d is the one I'm kinda stuck on or maybe my brain has just lost all its functional means

Let me try it and mark it and I'll come back to you..
Reply 1473

I do t know sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a.a.k
I do t know sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

its okay don't worry thank a lot for the effort though :smile: good luck for tomorrow
Reply 1475
its okay don't worry thank a lot for the effort though :smile: good luck for tomorrow

You too
If u do it then share

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
If a paper has to be replaced for any reason - a batch of papers goes missing in the post, a set of papers is accidentally leaked by an exam centre due to a cock up, or someone with access to the papers maliciously leaks them to facilitate cheating - a reserve paper is pulled from the secure collection of already written/tested exam papers and printed for use. At that point it becomes the real paper and that's the one that is available from past paper archives. The original paper that was intended to be used is usually released to teachers for internal use but there may not be an official mark scheme to go with it. R papers are not reserved papers they are Regional papers for use by candidates outside the UK. All but the latest ones can be downloaded from the edexcel web site. There are no C2 papers that have needed to be replaced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically theres never been a reserved paper for C2?
there was a replaced paper for C3 i believe in 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ManLikeMem
There's a very hard sketching curve question in tomorrow's exam please everyone revise trigonometric graphs 10 mark question!!!!

Is it that cast diagrams stuff?? Or is it the other sin and tan graphs? Omg im so horrible at that stuff 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, mind your language. I knew that we don't need the sum to infinity, I was just questioning whether they read it right :redface:
Reply 1479
good luck to all of you's :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending