The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics Unit 2 (19th May 2015) - Managing the Economy Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
There was one question
On two benefits of low and stable inflation
Benefits are : less income onequality
Increase in international competivness
Consumer confidence =increase expenditure.
I think eval may be
Its hard to keep stable so consumers may wait till inflation goes lower to increase expendoture and buy luxury good. So there can be a risk of deflation .as my teacher was saying
Thank you!! 😎
Guys can someone tell me if I forgot to tick the box of the question I did.....do I get disqualified or something? Pls I am very stressed...
Anyone remembers exactly 30 marker of Q1?
Reply 124
I think is was 'evaluate how demand side policies may lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'

Posted from TSR Mobile
i forgot to put a cross in the box of the question i wanted to do!!! is that bad?
Original post by Waffle12345
i did this too.... a lot of my friends did also as well as people from the year before..... they weren't disqualified and you shouldn't be unless u ticked the other box or answered questions from the other question.

Thanks mate....u helped me relax a bit....now on to revising for math C2 cheers!
Original post by humphrw
I think is was 'evaluate how demand side policies may lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay thank you so much :smile: Because there is now a discussion if it was "conflict with objectives" or "between objectives". I am in "between" and apparently many but still a few said that it was "with".
Reply 128
Original post by prepdream
Oh okay thank you so much :smile: Because there is now a discussion if it was "conflict with objectives" or "between objectives". I am in "between" and apparently many but still a few said that it was "with".

Oh really?! Yeah, I definitely wrote about conflicts 'between'.
All the best, hope you did well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by humphrw
Oh really?! Yeah, I definitely wrote about conflicts 'between'.
All the best, hope you did well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There has been assurance that it is between so I stopped going panicked now. I was not really sure as I always have the tendency to not read the question carefully.
Thank you so much and hope you did well in the exam. And good luck in the upcoming ones :biggrin:
HI:
for the 30 marker of question one.. i mentioned the conflicts between
ECONOMIC GROWTH AND INEQUALITY EVAL: tax from the rich distributed to the poor and how its easier to have redistribution policies
ECONOMIC GROWTH AND THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS: evaluated how exports cheaper therefore BOP improve
UNEMPLOYMENT AND INFLATION :
ECONOMIC GROWTH VS THE ENVIRONMENT eval by saying how this could be an incentive to invest in energy saving......

IS THIS OK??? PANICKING
Original post by nicole.a.level
HI:
for the 30 marker of question one.. i mentioned the conflicts between
ECONOMIC GROWTH AND INEQUALITY EVAL: tax from the rich distributed to the poor and how its easier to have redistribution policies
ECONOMIC GROWTH AND THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS: evaluated how exports cheaper therefore BOP improve
UNEMPLOYMENT AND INFLATION :
ECONOMIC GROWTH VS THE ENVIRONMENT eval by saying how this could be an incentive to invest in energy saving......

IS THIS OK??? PANICKING

Not sure about the first one's evaluation but the rest is fine.
Also, do you remember exactly the question of the 30 marker for Q1? And also ask your friends if they remember? As there is now a debate if it is "between" or "with" :smile: thanks :smile:
Original post by Waffle12345
i forgot to put a cross in the box of the question i wanted to do!!! is that bad?

I did it as well mate and am worried but a lot of ppl said it doesnt affect ur grades..............I have put in a query to edexcel.....lets see what they say.
Reply 133
What was the 30 marker on q2?
Original post by wiinin
What was the 30 marker on q2?

Evaluate the use of supply side policies in raising the level of real output
For the benefits of low and stable inflation I put:
1) Decent living standards for consumers- unlike if inflation were high where they'd have to cut back on spending
2) Less people unemployed because firms feel confident investing and thus create jobs meaning the government has to pay less in unemployment benefits such as JSA

-Are these right?
Original post by lauradaura
For the benefits of low and stable inflation I put:
1) Decent living standards for consumers- unlike if inflation were high where they'd have to cut back on spending
2) Less people unemployed because firms feel confident investing and thus create jobs meaning the government has to pay less in unemployment benefits such as JSA

-Are these right?

Think they are right.
Also, do you remember the 30 marker of Q1?
Original post by kckamal1997
I did it as well mate and am worried but a lot of ppl said it doesnt affect ur grades..............I have put in a query to edexcel.....lets see what they say.

I forgot to put a cross in the box last year and got a 0 so I had to retake today...:dontknow:
Original post by prepdream
Think they are right.
Also, do you remember the 30 marker of Q1?

It was 'To what extent do demand-side policies cause conflict between the governments macroeconomic objectives?'

and the mark scheme is here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Economics/2013/Exam%20materials/8EC01_GCE_Economics_msc_20090717_US021258.pdf

:smile:
Original post by lauradaura
It was 'To what extent do demand-side policies cause conflict between the governments macroeconomic objectives?'

and the mark scheme is here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Economics/2013/Exam%20materials/8EC01_GCE_Economics_msc_20090717_US021258.pdf

:smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Are you sure it is like that?
Sorry, just to make sure. There is a debate that it actually asks how demand policies will conflict with macroeconomic objectives :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending