The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Lucas_Wojtysiak
Last years additional physics grade boundaries were incredibly low. It was something like 28 marks for an A. I'm sure they will put them up this year :angry:

yeahh i took that exam as a mock exam! I was really surprised at the low grade boundaries, that exam was quite easy...(i got 43 which was A* haha)

hopefully they won't put the grade boundaries up too high
Original post by kxylah
I also have a feeling physics is gonna be real hard this year. Especially because the grade boundaries are usually about 40/39 for an A* but last year it was 42 so yknow they might wanna make it harder....

i prefer harder exams and lower grade boundaries tbh

I agree, I love it when they're harder because the grade boundaries are low - I usually do better on harder scientific questions than on dumbass risk or data questions
Reply 102
Original post by h8skoooooool
I agree, I love it when they're harder because the grade boundaries are low - I usually do better on harder scientific questions than on dumbass risk or data questions

omg exactly!! i wish they tested on scientific knowledge instead of ethics :frown:
This is pretty dead for an exam that will begin in a matter of hours :O
Im so nervous :frown: I think i know all the content but i keep doubting myself - Also ive got a business exam in the morning so that doesn't help :/ any tips for calming down?
Reply 105
Original post by Brandontom11
This is pretty dead for an exam that will begin in a matter of hours :O

You mean the forum? I assume everyone's revising...
Original post by PersianViper
Im so nervous :frown: I think i know all the content but i keep doubting myself - Also ive got a business exam in the morning so that doesn't help :/ any tips for calming down?

Don't worry man! If you know the content then i'm sure you'll ace it!
Reply 107
Original post by PersianViper

I know how you feel, I also have a business exam in the morning and haven't revised one single bit looool it's only a multiple choice exam (edexcel)
As for physics I also feel like I know everything whenever you feel nervous or stressed just reassure yourself you've done the best you could and I'm sure you'll do fine x
Don't worry man! If you know the content then i'm sure you'll ace it!

I hope so. I kinda want the exam to be easy-ish despite knowing the grade boundaries will be higher cause physics stresses me out the most.
Original post by kxylah
omg exactly!! i wish they tested on scientific knowledge instead of ethics :frown:

I'm pretty sure that 80% of the C123 paper was stuff you didn't even need to revise grrrr, it makes me feel like all this revision is a waste! But oh well, I'm sure we'll do well regardless - good luck for tomorrow! I guess next time I'll be posting on this thread will be after the exam when I'm having a break down because it went so bad ahaha
Original post by kxylah
I know how you feel, I also have a business exam in the morning and haven't revised one single bit looool it's only a multiple choice exam (edexcel)
As for physics I also feel like I know everything whenever you feel nervous or stressed just reassure yourself you've done the best you could and I'm sure you'll do fine x

I guess no one knows the rock cycle... *cries*
Original post by parker13
I guess no one knows the rock cycle... *cries*

This is a good video https://youtu.be/x9Flah2catI

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait... do we need to know about different types of energy (kinetic and all that) or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kirstybecs
Wait... do we need to know about different types of energy (kinetic and all that) or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I think that's P4 or 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you really helpful video!
Good luck guys! In p1 think about the importance of theories and if they give you a table with data, think about the trend in the values and what it shows overall, think does this increase or decrease support in hypothesis

also think about perceived risk vs real risk (are the risks being overstated becausse of location or unfamiliarity)?

think about renewable energy sources and how you need a mix of sources and the benefits of them, think of how groups like energy providers would think of this, or envirnomentalists

CATEGORISE your six marks and PLAN it
yeah, it's cool i guess, but the questions are never about space, its always about some stupid table of data which you have to give reasons for and stuff....

I 100% agree with you.
Original post by kxylah

I've got business exam too in the morning,spent all my time revising for Physics tho. :colonhash:
Original post by An-Mi-Ah
Unit 2 is Population dynamics, consuming resources, Globalisation, Development dilemmas, The changing economy of the UK, The challenges of an urban world.

Unit 3 is basically unit 1 & 2 combined, you cannot revise for it, its just everything you have learned and applying your knowledge.

nice! :-) seems interesting. are you doing a level geog?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending