The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katzzx
Here's an example of an A question which got 18/20. My advice for A questions is to just get straight to the point and compare 2 sources in every paragraph throughout.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432068172.910801.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1432068183.880765.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way, is your history called Nick?
Reply 441
Aha yeah, I'm in A2 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 442
British Political History 1945-1990

Cramming for this exam :frown:. Is everyone revising all the PM's or just the important PM's for instance Atlee 1945 and Thatcher?
Original post by edward090
You are really helpful I must say!!!!! so 3 paras meaning 3 of agree with just source 11 and 12 with cross reference and own knowledge .
Then like 2-3 paras of disagreeing which is source 13 and maybe source 12 and then next para might be source 13 and source 11 contrasting perhaps?

When doing paras are u just aiming to show similarities or are u meant to show similarities and differences?
Once again thank you as u the man :biggrin:

Yep that's correct, ensure your structure is flexible so it can fit around what those darn examiners put in the sources. However, your'e on the right track!

When writing a para you are aiming to show how the sources are support and challenge the view in the question. Therefore you have a side which argues for the view in the question which requires you to cross reference the relevant sources and evidence in them and also requires you to do the same for the other side of the argument.

For example: "Did women's personal lives change significantly"

FOR: Sources 11 and part of 12 show they did change (x paragraphs or so)

AGAINST: Sources 13 and part of source 12 show they did not change (x2 paragraphs).

ALWAYS REMEMBER - Your counter argument should not be as well supported and focused on as the 'for' argument, 'play down' and make the counter argument seem insignificant by actually evaluating it.
Reply 444
Original post by A*102

Cramming for this exam :frown:. Is everyone revising all the PM's or just the important PM's for instance Atlee 1945 and Thatcher?

mainly Thatcher, Attlee Heath and Callaghan really?
Reply 445
Original post by j5994
could you post some points on women please? dont have many :/ thanks!

I've just got the fact that women were challenging gender inequality by wanting to change their role in society but also wanting to save their country -

you could mention the WSPU - women's social political union and in 1915 they had a well supported march on their 'right to serve' in London demanding their right to serve their country in the war effort and changing traditional women's roles

you could mention all the organisations such as

- VADS
- army nursing services
- WLA
-FANYs
- WAACS
- WRNS
- WRAF

Generally they made a great effort but many of these organisations were exclusive and not many women were participating to make a full impact e.g. the FANYs as there were only 116 in Britain and France by 1918...

also women were paid considerably less than men
2/3 of women had to give up their jobs by 1921
1/6 of women widowed

but there was a 22.5% increase in women working from pre war to post war

also women did gain suffrage in 1918 (over the age of 30) perhaps due to their huge effort in war.

these are just a few points u could make , sorry if I haven't developed ..
Has anyone got a full mark or close 40 marker for British Political History that is typed?
Reply 447
Here's a question B that i got an A in, 35/40, 20/24 for own knowledge and 15/16 for use of sources (im doing Britain and Ireland)
Original post by tom8898
Here's a question B that i got an A in, 35/40, 20/24 for own knowledge and 15/16 for use of sources (im doing Britain and Ireland)

That'll do thanks :smile: All I need to see is how people use sources in them
Reply 449
I'm really confused about the structure of the 40 marker. Is it an argument for and then against, then within each paragraph we should cross reference between all three sources?
Reply 450
Original post by s_x_b
mainly Thatcher, Attlee Heath and Callaghan really?

Thanks
Original post by A*102

I've done basically all of them except Thatcher and Attlee, I know I'm gonna have to retake next year haha:s-smilie::frown:
Original post by B345
I'm really confused about the structure of the 40 marker. Is it an argument for and then against, then within each paragraph we should cross reference between all three sources?

40 marker's tend to be for and against. How you can cross reference the sources depends on what is included within the sources as ultimately you base your cross referencing on them. But, you do cross reference in both A and B questions.
Reply 453
Original post by Gunnarsunn
40 marker's tend to be for and against. How you can cross reference the sources depends on what is included within the sources as ultimately you base your cross referencing on them. But, you do cross reference in both A and B questions.

Original post by lilohrisl
Hey guys
Anyone doing Early British History - henry viii?
How do you feel about that? Confident or not? Is there some sort of pattern and can we have some predictions?
I really hope the early period sort of Anne Boleyn or the later dissolution of the monasteries comes up x

My teacher told me royal supremacy and something on Wolsey is likely to come up so revise that
Reply 455
Original post by katiejardine
I've done basically all of them except Thatcher and Attlee, I know I'm gonna have to retake next year haha:s-smilie::frown:

Thatcher and Atlee are the most important PM's because they really changed the face of Britain.
Just try and do 20 mins of them each.
Exam is at 2:00pm we have a lot of time!
Good Luck :smile:
Original post by A*102
Thatcher and Atlee are the most important PM's because they really changed the face of Britain.
Just try and do 20 mins of them each.
Exam is at 2:00pm we have a lot of time!
Good Luck :smile:

I'll give it shot, hoping my teachers are right and that it is the 1950s that come up! :smile:
Reply 457
Original post by lilohrisl
Hey guys
Anyone doing Early British History - henry viii?
How do you feel about that? Confident or not? Is there some sort of pattern and can we have some predictions?
I really hope the early period sort of Anne Boleyn or the later dissolution of the monasteries comes up x

Hey I am! I'm kinda nervous about it but I think I know all the knowledge it's just the technique and timing! My teacher predicted the Reformation! I'm not really sure what I'd like to come up aha :smile:
How many paragraphs would you guys recommend for the 20 and 40 markers?

With 20 I'm fine...

It's just the 40 markers.

* For and against assertion posed by the question in each paragraph
* Start each paragraph with own knowledge/argument then integrate sources and cross-reference to develop, add weight to argument.
* end argument referring back to question and again with source integration.

How many paragraphs would you guys recommend? excluding intro and conc
Women's suffragr topic people !!!!

I'm just going to memorise the content on women's personal lives and educational opportunities for women and girls and the impact of this on their workplace opportunities.

Good idea or does it sound potentially hazardous ???

Please help, what shall I revise as I only have time to pick two sections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending