The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrTechGamer
Good answer pal !

Yessssss :u::biggrin:
if that was asked in the exam probaly around half of all students o wouldve answered wrong.

Absolutely agree with you! There is always one definition question. Last year it was half life.
Original post by t.thompson22
If anyone needs help with any topics then let me know, teaching someone helps me too! :biggrin:

Can you help me by explaining fully thermistors in p3 I don't understand it at all :frown:
Reply 463
P3 6 marker prediciton
Describe and/or Explain how an experiment is set up to find the Total Internal Reflection. Explain your findings
Reply 464
Original post by science_geeks
Motor effect!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!
The current running through the coil around the iron core produces an alternating magnetic field. This interacts with the permanent magnetic field, and produces a resultant force.
Reply 465
Absolutely agree with you! There is always one definition question. Last year it was half life.

Would i be correct in saying the following:

Through an increase in impact time, there will be a decrease in impact force, due to the momentum and kinetic energy having to travel over a further distance, thus getting lost in the process. We can also see through the equation wd/d=f=impact force (wd=work done), through the increase in distance, the impact force will decrease. Alongside this, through the equation f=ma, and a=(v-u)/t, we can see that an increase of (impact) time, this will decrease the (de)acceleration, and in turn decrease the impact force. Therefore, an increase in impact time will result in a decrease in impact force.

Would this be correct?
Original post by Sim_1234
Can you help me by explaining fully thermistors in p3 I don't understand it at all :frown:

I only do P2 I'm afraid, sorry I should have said!

But the resistance decreases as the temperature increases.

Hot conditions = Reistance falls / lowest

Cold Conditions= Resistance goes up / highest

Thermistors are used in Thermostats and Temperture Detectors in car engines!

This is the information in P2,I have no idea if it is relevant to P3.

Hope it helps!
Original post by arjro
Would i be correct in saying the following:

Through an increase in impact time, there will be a decrease in impact force, due to the momentum and kinetic energy having to travel over a further distance, thus getting lost in the process. We can also see through the equation wd/d=f=impact force (wd=work done), through the increase in distance, the impact force will decrease. Alongside this, through the equation f=ma, and a=(v-u)/t, we can see that an increase of (impact) time, this will decrease the (de)acceleration, and in turn decrease the impact force. Therefore, an increase in impact time will result in a decrease in impact force.

Would this be correct?

No because you are too right and your answer radiates A-level giberish . P.s just joking thats a very good answer , that would definitley get u 6 marks.
I only do P2 I'm afraid, sorry I should have said!

But the resistance decreases as the temperature increases.

Hot conditions = Reistance falls / lowest

Cold Conditions= Resistance goes up / highest

Thermistors are used in Thermostats and Temperture Detectors in car engines!

This is the information in P2,I have no idea if it is relevant to P3.

Hope it helps!

Sorry I meant to write P2.
But thank you that helped quite a bit.
Original post by Sim_1234
Can someone help me with thermostats.

This for P2? What information do you need?
Reply 470
New rumours are spreading that AQA P3 paper will be very easy , because in previous years there have been harder papers.Maybe even nice than the C2 and C3 papers .

I swear to god that better be the case :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Reply 471
Original post by Blueyy__
p3 i think 6 marker will be X-ray(and/or CT scan)/Ultrasound comparison or +/- OR center of mass

That would be awesome it's basically a comprehension
This for P2? What information do you need?

No for p3, sorry my autocorrect got it wrong I meant transformers
New rumours are spreading that AQA P3 paper will be very easy , because in previous years there have been harder papers.Maybe even nice than the C2 and C3 papers .

Does that mean that P2 is going to be like the biology paper? Impossible 😂
Reply 474
Am I the only one who thinks P3 is easier than P2?
Original post by Pra99
Thanks a lot. Hydrogen isn't produced by the way😃

I didn't write it anyway haha it t.thompson22 is who to thank:tongue:
Guys, definition of an elastic object. Go :wink:
Reply 477
Original post by science_geeks
Motor effect!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!

The motor effect is when a wire carrying a current is placed in a magnetic field and experiences a force as a result. As the current flows through the opposite sides of the coil in opposite directions, opposite forces act on each side of the coil- 1 up and 1 down which leads to the coil rotating.
Reply 478
Guys, definition of an elastic object. Go :wink:

An object that stores elastic potential energy when squashed or stretched
more scared about p2 than p3 tbh:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending