The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2 Education and Research Methods Forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bob smith 23
Yeah-thanks, so I weigh up the overall, general use of interviews as opposed to applying them to a situation in education?

Yeah basically
Predictions for 20 mark essay on education:
- Social Policy
- Marxism
Over a 5 year period, the whole specification has to be covered, so it has to be one of these. However, social policy has come up as a 12 marker before, so Marxism is more likely for the big 20 marker.

Possible definitions:
CVA (contextual value added)
Hidden curriculum
Ingration
Cream-skimming

Possible reasons for something:
EXTREMELY likely to be why boys underachieve

Hope this helps
Good luck for Thursday- any comments, I will reply ASAP
Everyone is predicting different things!! I wouldn't rely on predictions, just revise EVERYTHING. I'm not trusting predictions this time, we were lucky with unit one but doesn't mean its going to happen again! Good luck everyone
Original post by fallingleaves97
Everyone is predicting different things!! I wouldn't rely on predictions, just revise EVERYTHING. I'm not trusting predictions this time, we were lucky with unit one but doesn't mean its going to happen again! Good luck everyone

That's preposterous
Reply 304
research methods summary of adv and disa.doc this should help wwith research methods, but any predictions for thursday? #stressing
Original post by marc7410
That's preposterous

How
Reply 306
Thank youu

Original post by livvmoore
If it was an assess you could use two internal factors and two external and the conclude which ones have more impact
Reply 307
NO!

Huh? Yes it does? Social groups include ethnicity gender and class I'm sure
Original post by fallingleaves97
How

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary
Original post by risteard
I havent a clue, sorry.

Download the spec off of aqa website and it will be in there.

My friend got a C in unit1 and a A in unit2 last year and got a A overall, another friend got a D in unit1 and a A in unit2 got a B overall.
Original post by anzyy
Huh? Yes it does? Social groups include ethnicity gender and class I'm sure

Yes
Social policy came for unit 1, so will it come up again?

I think Marxism will come up, maybe new right (hasn't come up before I don't think), how gender and underachievement of boys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predictions for 20 mark essay on education:
- Social Policy
- Marxism
Over a 5 year period, the whole specification has to be covered, so it has to be one of these. However, social policy has come up as a 12 marker before, so Marxism is more likely for the big 20 marker.

Possible definitions:
CVA (contextual value added)
Hidden curriculum
Ingration
Cream-skimming

Possible reasons for something:
EXTREMELY likely to be why boys underachieve

Hope this helps
Good luck for Thursday- any comments, I will reply ASAP

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-SCLY2-QP-JAN13.PDF

Isn't the education 20marker referring to Marxism?
And what is contextual value added and ingestion?
Predictions for research? I was thinking experiments or questionaires

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nayana71
Haha thanks! and when talking about positivists or interpretivists in your conclusion you basically just say which one favours the research method more and why and then why the other might disagree, if i can find my essay i can send it to you as an example.

And you have a point it is most definitely going to be policies that will come up and my prayers would be answred if we get a question in material/cultural deprivation!

Hey
Could i see your example essay? :smile:
Original post by iknowyouknow
My friend got a C in unit1 and a A in unit2 last year and got a A overall, another friend got a D in unit1 and a A in unit2 got a B overall.

Ah thank you! So the downside is if I don't do well on unit 2 tomorrow I could bring everything down :frown:
Reply 315
How do social policies affect gender and ethnicity achievement ?
Reply 316
This is stressful knowing unit 2 is 60% and will impact my grade much more 😩
Reply 317
Original post by rmm13
How do social policies affect gender and ethnicity achievement ?

In the book this is a samll topic i hope it doesn't come up as more than a 6 marker.

For gender all i have is GIST helping girls and subject choice
for ethnicity i have assimilation, social inclusions and multicultural education
Reply 318
Original post by anzyy
In the book this is a samll topic i hope it doesn't come up as more than a 6 marker.

for ethnicity i have assimilation, social inclusions and multicultural education

thank you
Reply 319
Original post by anzyy

you could refer to it in an essay too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending