The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Geography May 2015 (19th)

Scroll to see replies

and what was the question about changing location of tertiary and quaternary activities? i realy messed up in that 9 mark question
Original post by Ibrahim Rampuri
yea

What topics were the other fieldwork questions on?
Original post by 123student_123
What topics were the other fieldwork questions on?

they were on economic, ecosystem, coastal and hazard
the first 2 from section B nd hazard and coastal from section A
they were on economic, ecosystem, coastal and hazard
the first 2 from section B nd hazard and coastal from section A

thank you so much! I thought I did the questions in the wrong order and lost 25 marks already
and what was the question about changing location of tertiary and quaternary activities? i realy messed up in that 9 mark question

Oh yeah what was that ?
I mentioned the cambridge science park and how tertiary and quaternary activities are footloose they dont need raw materials and stuff and I mentioned how they're usually in easily accessible places like e.g. The cambridge science park is near stansted airport and very close to m11 and m25 motorway and its next to cambridge uni to attract university graduates etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjsuleiman
i dont get how they didnt put river and urban skills. I first thought I was not seeing clearly and checked the paper like 10 times but nothing! I had to do the skills for topics i never even studied, although some questions were quite similar but still!

Omg same! We were never taught these skills either !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get the fieldwork question for Rural either... I swear we have never done it ever.
What will the grade boundaries be like ?
I'm so scared it's like I've done **** in the filed work , wrote from my head but the the sections good ughhhhh
I know everyone at my school found it f***ing hard. Nothing like the past questions we'd done, and we were all expecting case study questions as the 9 mark questions - not discussing things!
what the hell was that. I am genuinely disgusted with everything that was that geography paper. Any one else find it absolutely impossible?
Did 7 & 8, there goes the A*
Original post by RianD1998
Did 7 & 8, there goes the A*

haha
i really messed up the industrial site question and written "i would want to know the size of the industrial site and also if everyone is doing their job on site" it was weird this exam..besides from that i think i did really well on the 6 mark questions but the 9 mark questions completely threw me off except from the section D one about immigration and emigration
Reply 34
This paper was a very different one indeed. I was thinking for quite a time before I could writ anything. Didn't expect that rain-forest case study to come up at all. I had to use up the entire 3 hours to do this paper and certainly it wasn't something I expected. However I did find some questions were taken from last year's paper, like the question on the tropical storm characteristics. In Section D I did Fragile Environments so that section was actually fine till they asked about a "specific area" of a tropical rainforest that is being sustained.
Original post by Ijazx1
This paper was a very different one indeed. I was thinking for quite a time before I could writ anything. Didn't expect that rain-forest case study to come up at all. I had to use up the entire 3 hours to do this paper and certainly it wasn't something I expected. However I did find some questions were taken from last year's paper, like the question on the tropical storm characteristics. In Section D I did Fragile Environments so that section was actually fine till they asked about a "specific area" of a tropical rainforest that is being sustained.

IKR! i think i messed up in that question, i wrote about the ways the rainforest is being managed, i didnt know about how the AREA is being managed. BTW which area were they asking about? i wrote Brazil
Reply 36
IKR! i think i messed up in that question, i wrote about the ways the rainforest is being managed, i didnt know about how the AREA is being managed. BTW which area were they asking about? i wrote Brazil

Yeah same here, I wrote Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The textbook did not specify any specific areas in which the rainforest was being managed. It was just the different ways of sustainability that was mentioned.
Original post by Ijazx1
Yeah same here, I wrote Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The textbook did not specify any specific areas in which the rainforest was being managed. It was just the different ways of sustainability that was mentioned.

yea
Reply 38
I didn't know how to do the rural environment fieldwork, anyone know any possible aims for the fieldwork? I wrote that we could investigate how the growth of the barley plants varies with altitude, but I think that is not correct lol
(edited 8 years ago)
It was ok, the fieldwork questions were very hard though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending