The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovereading
I DONT HAVE A SPARE CALCULATOR :afraid::bawling:

And... I'm going to school like 20 minutes earlier to buy another one because I'm panicking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1761
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN YOU USE THE rtheta equation or the other arc lengtH equation...there are two formulas for arc length right? I don't know how to use the second one and when you use it, HELP!!!! AND WHAT IS THE FORMULA FOR IT???
Original post by frances98
And... I'm going to school like 20 minutes earlier to buy another one because I'm panicking

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with your current one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1763
Original post by Sam_the-man
Thanks man

Area of segment =
1/2*r^2*(theta -sintheta)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olon
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN YOU USE THE rtheta equation or the other arc lengtH equation...there are two formulas for arc length right? I don't know how to use the second one and when you use it, HELP!!!! AND WHAT IS THE FORMULA FOR IT???

I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A SECOND FORMULA¿!?!??

I'm pretty sure its just rtheta to find the arc length...just one formula? I thought there was just the one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1765
Original post by Columbo97
Considering people have been requesting a thread.

Edexcel C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Hopefully this thread will motivate us all, and help us to achieve the grades we deserve.

Useful Links
Specification - http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...hs_Issue_3.pdf
Formula Booklet - http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...cal-Tables.pdf
Offical Past Papers - http://www.mathspapers.co.uk/edexcel.html

Examsolutions - www.examsolutions.net
Maths247 - www.m4ths.com
Question Booklets/Past Papers - http://www.madasmaths.com

If you have any other websites you'd like to add, post them below and I'll edit this post.

The specification wont work for me dk y
Original post by physicsmaths
If they say find the area yes give the abosolute answer. If they evaluate the integral blah then give whatever cones out of the integral. Remember peopke that the calc can check ur answers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok so ALL area questions are absolute value. thanks
Reply 1767
Original post by Olon

When you have the radius of a circle and angle IN RADIANS

Posted from TSR Mobile
and my calculator can'#t do differentiation. so ill hvae to freestyle things
Reply 1769
Original post by dripper
and my calculator can'#t do differentiation. so ill hvae to freestyle things

Cacylators that do diff are not allowed.
Thats wjat i was told

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olon

You have L = r*Theta
Area of sector = 0.5*r^2*Theta
Area of segment = 0.5*r^2(Theta-sin(Theta)
Original post by Olon

There's another formula if the angle is in degrees, but they like to test your radians ability in C2, and I've never seen it be given in degrees, so you should be find to just know the radians equation :smile:
Reply 1772
Original post by a.a.k
When you have the radius of a circle and angle IN RADIANS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo, i mean when do you use r(2theta-angle)
I really hope its not gonna be the R paper :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: I feel like im ready for this exam but then i dont want to do it :s-smilie:
Reply 1774
Original post by Olon

r(2theta-angle)

What is that
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98

Posted from TSR Mobile

OUR SCHOOL DOESNT SELL CALCULATORS AND I DONT HAVE TIME TO GO TO STAPLES TO GET ONE AHHHHHHh
Original post by Olon
Noooo, i mean when do you use r(2theta-angle)

area of a sector = A x 1/2 x r^2 (thera - sin(thera) *i think*
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1777
Original post by VyteJan
area of a sector

Area of sector is 1/2*r^2*theta

Posted from TSR Mobile
when finding area between a line and a curve is it better to make a shape and substract them or intergrate them by taking the lines away? hope that makes sense
Original post by a.a.k
Area of sector is 1/2*r^2*theta

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, thats what i meant x'D thx

Quick Reply

Latest