The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovereading
I really hope this is an easy paper seeing as C1 wasnt :P

I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!

I also hope I dont have to draw a sine/cos/tan graph because I only learnt the CAST quadrant method :L

The y values are -1 to 1 then put into ur calculator sin 0,90,180,270,360 and plot the points and join them to make a curve, do the same for cos and tan
What the hell is a CAST quadrant lol

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Give this a thumbs up if you're NOT ready for this exam 😁

Posted from BEHIND YOU
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Learn how the shape looks like generally and it follows the same pattern.

Sine - remmeber it goes through the zero.
Cos - It doesnt goes through zero
Tan- Its a sin graph flipped up

Thank You!!
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
What the hell is a CAST quadrant lol

Posted from BEHIND YOU

CAST quadrant is an easier way to solve a trigonometry equation.

I always get mixed with how many solutions there are and how many times to take away or add 180/360 so the CAST quadrant makes it easier (Y)

http://mathonline.wdfiles.com/local--files/cast-rule/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-23%20at%203.45.11%20PM.png
Do we have to knw the proofs for the trig identities??
when do we add 180? on the CAST quadrant?
If I've been doing Solomon papers, tiered gold papers and IYBG papers then theoretically how much easier should this paper be?
Good luck y'all stop panicking you will be absolutely fine just THINK If something difficult comes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Haych97
The y values are -1 to 1 then put into ur calculator sin 0,90,180,270,360 and plot the points and join them to make a curve, do the same for cos and tan

Noted. Doesnt make much sense out of context but I sure will remember it if it does come up! Thanks!
Thank You!!

thanks you i never though of this but now i am fine with tan graph :smile:
Original post by kf141998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO8rqY2zQMk
Original post by kf141998

For Tan
Good luck everyone
Original post by Valyrian
If I've been doing Solomon papers, tiered gold papers and IYBG papers then theoretically how much easier should this paper be?

A lot easier, you should be able to handle anything that comes up, but ya never know
CAST quadrant is an easier way to solve a trigonometry equation.

I always get mixed with how many solutions there are and how many times to take away or add 180/360 so the CAST quadrant makes it easier (Y)

http://mathonline.wdfiles.com/local--files/cast-rule/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-23%20at%203.45.11%20PM.png

just draw where it is meant to be as sin it is positive at S and T from then do 180- the sin-1 answer and 360+ sin-1 answer
Original post by Medicjug
Good luck y'all stop panicking you will be absolutely fine just THINK If something difficult comes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too!!

Yes the difficult questions always require more than one method but individually its pretty easy.
Best of Luck.. can't really do much now:biggrin:
Remember to attempt all questions!!!
Original post by IIEquinoxII
A lot easier, you should be able to handle anything that comes up, but ya never know

I've always had issues with circles and calculating the length of another point that has no coordinates, but I don't remember where it was but it was in a Solomon paper so I can hope it doesn't come up?! Hahha
Reply 1819
Trying to memorize them on the way to school xD

Same xD

Quick Reply

Latest