The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cuppa
Yeah no one seems to like the red textbook; it's not the best one. You gotta deal with it though :biggrin: our school also requires us to borrow these smaller collins books -- I did all my revision from them last year! This year even that book is quite crap. Upsetting haha. But I guess you can't always be spoon fed

Are you talking about the Hodder White book?

That one is too brief and doesn't give enough detail to some parts :/

All the books are crappy 😢
Reply 841
Original post by Tow
Are you talking about the Hodder White book?

That one is too brief and doesn't give enough detail to some parts :/

All the books are crappy 😢

I have the hodder White book too, but I mean a different one. The white book is quite good at giving you the brief idea of what you need to know -- the layout is usually very nice. I like to refer to it if I can't figure out the factors as fast as I'd like to or something
Original post by Tow
Make sure you're confident with writing though. Making plans is great but a guy I know did that last year and messed up in the exam because he ONLY did plan. When it came to writing an essay he wasn't able to make it flow and stuff.

Hope revision is going well :3

That's very true :smile: and yeah it's going okay I guess aha how's yours??
Original post by Bunny2014
That's very true :smile: and yeah it's going okay I guess aha how's yours??

Meeeehhhhh!

It's really unproductive. I've been sat here since 6 and I've only done like 1/4 of the WW1 controversy. And I don't even know it.

Hmm.

The A* is beginning to fade away from my grasp :frown:
Original post by Tow
Meeeehhhhh!

It's really unproductive. I've been sat here since 6 and I've only done like 1/4 of the WW1 controversy. And I don't even know it.

Hmm.

The A* is beginning to fade away from my grasp :frown:

Nah I doubt that :smile: you probably know it but practice makes perfect and I'm sure you will get the grade you want
Original post by Bunny2014
Nah I doubt that :smile: you probably know it but practice makes perfect and I'm sure you will get the grade you want

Let's all pray we get the grades we want :smile:

What are you aiming for??
Any prediction on what'll come up??
Reply 847
Original post by Peareater
Any prediction on what'll come up??

Nazi consolidation and German revolution imo. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nazi consolidation and German revolution imo. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking the same, but what ways could German rev be worded?
Reply 849
Original post by honeywell17
I was thinking the same, but what ways could German rev be worded?

"The German revolution 1918-1919 brought remarkably little change to Germany." How far do you agree?

"The German revolution was a revolution from below." How far do yo agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
"The German revolution 1918-1919 brought remarkably little change to Germany." How far do you agree?

"The German revolution was a revolution from below." How far do yo agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk if that would come up though. It seems a bit weird - like not something that people would even think of.

It could though, but it's a weird question xD
Reply 851
Original post by Tow
Idk if that would come up though. It seems a bit weird - like not something that people would even think of.

It could though, but it's a weird question xD

I certainly wouldn't choose it as my essay, but it's perfectly possible as its in the course textbook and hasn't been used, much like:

"Terror and violence were key to Nazi consolidation". How far do you agree?

"The Nazis were a minor irritant before the Wall Street Crash". How far do you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I certainly wouldn't choose it as my essay, but it's perfectly possible as its in the course textbook and hasn't been used, much like:

"The Nazis were a minor irritant before the Wall Street Crash". How far do you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. They could ask any question like that. Questions like the revolution etc are the ones you don't do - unless you have to xD
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I do like the second question that the 'Nazis were a minor irritant before Wall Street Crash.'
Reply 854
Original post by Tow
Although I do like the second question that the 'Nazis were a minor irritant before Wall Street Crash.'

I'm praying for consolidation.

How would you plan the Nazi one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm praying for consolidation.

How would you plan the Nazi one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We already planned it together didn't we? I wrote up a detailed plan of it when you first came up with the question
Reply 856
Original post by Tow
We already planned it together didn't we? I wrote up a detailed plan of it when you first came up with the question

Oh I see. I couldn't remember who responded to that question.

I suppose my line of argument would "no, but they were certainly having little impact at the ballot box".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh I see. I couldn't remember who responded to that question.

I suppose my line of argument would "no, but they were certainly having little impact at the ballot box".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah something like that.

By the way, my teacher said that you can, and should, to demonstrate a high level understanding, put things like the Enabling act in one paragraph only. So like you can say that it was democratic but then disagree with it in the same paragraph and say it came about by violence.

Most people don't do this because they might confuse themselves but my teacher said I should do it so you should probably do it too.

So like instead of separating the enabling act in two factors you consider it in one factor but then oppose it.
Reply 858
Original post by Tow
Yeah something like that.

By the way, my teacher said that you can, and should, to demonstrate a high level understanding, put things like the Enabling act in one paragraph only. So like you can say that it was democratic but then disagree with it in the same paragraph and say it came about by violence.

Most people don't do this because they might confuse themselves but my teacher said I should do it so you should probably do it too.

So like instead of separating the enabling act in two factors you consider it in one factor but then oppose it.

Lol. That is the opposite of what my teacher said today when handing back our mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
Got 65/70 in my recent mock :biggrin: 30 on part A (Nazi consolidation) and 35 on part B (nature of Schlieffen plan causing WW1) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending