The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by contradicta
I've decided to just wing the essay - spent all afternoon trying to work up the motivation for a practice essay and I've wrote about 2 paragraphs -- though I've enjoyed the course all year this is the hardest subject to revise for imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same, I'm not going to do anything for it until the night before and that will probably be just relearning the present subjunctive and flicking through my copy of Mot-a-Mot. It doesn't help that I have exams every day until Thursday anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to wing it like I did with French GCSE... :redface:
https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/aqa-as-french--essay-titles-by-topic-6331505hey guys i found this a few days ago and it's really been helping me prepare for the essay. it has loads of essay titles and possible content points, which i found REALLY useful bc i often struggle to think up of points to make. hopefully it'll help some of you!! :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by tagliatilly
https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/aqa-as-french--essay-titles-by-topic-6331505hey guys i found this a few days ago and it's really been helping me prepare for the essay. it has loads of essay titles and possible content points, which i found REALLY useful bc i often struggle to think up of points to make. hopefully it'll help some of you!! :biggrin:

Thankssxx
Original post by cgureje
Thankssxx

no problem! hope it helps! :smile:
Original post by ronniem2202
Have any of you guys done your speaking yet? I was just wondering what cards came up

My 2 cards were on Rap Music and Family where Bertrand looks after his sister when his friends go out. I chose the Family card to get it out of the way, and I feel that I may have done ok here.

Essay-wise, I really do hope that advertising comes up. It would not be the end of the world if cinema comes up.
Does anyone think Music may come up as I don't recall there being a music question ever?
Reply 66
Yeah I think its going to come up, sports and advertising as well
Hey peoples i was wondering if anyone knows what tenses we defo have to know for the grammar page and what else i defo need to know for grammar im so bad at it i normally leave that page out any helpful tips
Original post by Cookie2996
Hey peoples i was wondering if anyone knows what tenses we defo have to know for the grammar page and what else i defo need to know for grammar im so bad at it i normally leave that page out any helpful tips

There's normally subjunctive, perfect and agreement of adjectives at least. Always one in infinitive so if you're really stuck write all infinitives down then you'll at least get 1/2 marks rather than 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cookie2996

There's always one on the present participle with 'en' - just look out for the word 'en' before the gap and then write the write the nous form of the verb, replacing 'ons' for 'ant'. E.g. en choisissant, en faisant.
Reply 70
Original post by Patrick2810
Is drugs likely?

I was thinking that exact same thing, it is on my list of predictions :smile:
Guys you know there are 2 parts to the essay? Well does it matter if we put it all in one paragraph or should they be separate? I'm practicing this question atm: "A quoi sert la publicité? A votre avis, quels en sont les aspects positifs et négatifs?" and I have loads of points for the second part but only 2 for the first part, so I feel like it wouldn't make sense to have a whole paragraph for just 2 points? You get what I mean??
(edited 8 years ago)
Advertising came up as one of the essay questions in both German and Spanish so I'm hoping the same will go for French! (Even the same obscure Friendship vs. Relationship question came up in G and S!) I hope AQA are having a lazy year with essay topics and it's Ads and Disads of Advertising again! Ahaha

Also I don't think Drugs will come up because it is technically in the same Sub-Topic as Alcohol (one of the questions last year) and I have looked at all the papers since 2009 and they never repeat the same sub-topic two years running.

My predictions:
Advertising
Music
(Possibly Plastic Surgery as it has appeared in Spanish before)
Sport
Family Relationships or Marriage vs. Concubinage

Hope this is helpful for someone aha
Original post by tagliatilly
Guys you know there are 2 parts to the essay? Well does it matter if we put it all in one paragraph or should they be separate? I'm practicing this question atm: "A quoi sert la publicité? A votre avis, quels en sont les aspects positifs et négatifs?" and I have loads of points for the second part but only 2 for the first part, so I feel like it wouldn't make sense to have a whole paragraph for just 2 points? You get what I mean??

The best thing to do is to intersperse your points, however some people prefer to treat the question in separate paragraphs. I have looked at exemplar marked work from a few years ago and it seems that the two parts of the question do not need to be balanced.
Original post by cfbillingham
The best thing to do is to intersperse your points, however some people prefer to treat the question in separate paragraphs. I have looked at exemplar marked work from a few years ago and it seems that the two parts of the question do not need to be balanced.

Ok that's good!! Thank you!! :redface:
How many essay questions can we choose from?
Original post by butcher98
How many essay questions can we choose from?

3 - all from different main topics
Healthy living/ lifestyle has been on the past 3 papers, but as it seems sport has never come up I'm so confused as to what could come up? I just hope there's one for media and if not, they're not really obscure questions or else I'm screwed!
Original post by Diabolomenthe
Healthy living/ lifestyle has been on the past 3 papers, but as it seems sport has never come up I'm so confused as to what could come up? I just hope there's one for media and if not, they're not really obscure questions or else I'm screwed!

Obscure questions for the win...love that well revised topic of Shopping and Celebrities!
Reply 79
and the causes of stress in young people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending