The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
That's how I see it :h:

We shouldn't be doing degrees because they're hard.. we chose them because we enjoy the subject. This renders the entire degree difficulty thing moot because it really doesn't matter :eyebrow:

Bit mean :K:

It doesnt detract from the fact some are harder than others. But like i said earlier, doing a harder subject isnt a good thing. if anything its bad lol.

But how hard your subject is...no one cares. Do what you enjoy, and im sure most people at cambridge are atleast mildly interested in their subjects
I AM A FREE ELF :ahee:

Congrats!! (I'm assuming you're IB, so fingers crossed for July 6!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!! How does it feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Congrats!! (I'm assuming you're IB, so fingers crossed for July 6!)

Thank you :h:
Haha yes I am. Absolutely ****ting myself though :afraid:

Original post by Elcor
Well done!! How does it feel?

Thank you :h:

I am freeeeeeeee.. no more responsibility and I can sleep :biggrin: best feeling in the world.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys you might like to help out Peterhouse AT on this thread - how did you pick your college?:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3347427
Is it just me or is the UK song the only good one on Eurovision this year?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Is it just me or is the UK song the only good one on Eurovision this year?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fell in love with the Swedish guy - and I'm straight!
Original post by Elcor
I fell in love with the Swedish guy - and I'm straight!

The visuals were fab but I didn't like the song at all... Kinda hope we finally get a eurovision (or the Aussies if things don't work out, who knows maybe they'll decide to host it in England)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2229
Hello everyone! I have 'stalked' this thread for a while and now having made a TSR account I can finally join the chat :tongue:

Anyway, I have an offer for Engineering from Caius College. Hope to see you all in October :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by umutalberts
The visuals were fab but I didn't like the song at all... Kinda hope we finally get a eurovision (or the Aussies if things don't work out, who knows maybe they'll decide to host it in England)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, we send s**t acts on purpose because we don't want to have to pay for hosting it.
Original post by NDVA
Hello everyone! I have 'stalked' this thread for a while and now having made a TSR account I can finally join the chat :tongue:

Anyway, I have an offer for Engineering from Caius College. Hope to see you all in October :smile:

What extra curricular did you do (apart from wider reading etc.)
Reply 2232
Original post by HashiramaSenju
What extra curricular did you do (apart from wider reading etc.)

Check your inbox :smile:
Hello! :biggrin:

College: Queens'
Subject: Education with English
Conditions: A*AAA
Original post by mali14
Hey, has anyone see the Credit Suisse Insight day for Year 13s? Looks like applications close soon. This is from their website: Credit Suisse A-Level Insight Day: Discover your future Are you seeking a career in a vibrant industry?Are you an intelligent, self-starter who is eager to learn?Are you unsure which path to take and need guidance? Then sign up to Credit Suisse’s A-Level Insight Day which takes place in July.
Our A-Level Insight Day allows Year 13 students who are unsure about their career path to discover all the different areas within Investment Banking in a friendly and informative environment. With such a diverse series of options available by the end of the day you should know whether it’s the Industry for you and what area you might suit.We run 2 insight days for final year A-Level students where one is female applicants only and the other is open to everyone.
The day will involve a series of informative workshops, panels, soft skills sessions and inspiration speakers to give you an insight into the banking world and not only strengthen your CV but it will help you stand out to employers at University. Our A-Level Insight Days provide the opportunity for some students to get fast tracked onto our Spring Program 2016,which is designed for students in their first year of university,via 2 telephone interviews. The day will take place in Canary Wharf at our London Headquarters. Travel to and from the event will be reimbursed by Credit Suisse (more details will follow to successful applicants) and lunch and refreshments will be provided.Please apply via the events section of our websiteCredit-suisse.com/recruitingevents, with an up to date CV including:
Your Details (Postal address, Telephone Number, Email address)
GCSE ResultsA-Level Predicted Grades
Top University Choice
Work Experience
Extra Curricular Activities (e.g.
volunteering or school clubs Sports, Music, Drama etc.)

Looks like applicants to all nine universities whose forums you posted this advert in will have by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else losing the will to live
Original post by draculina

:hello:
So ready to just be done with exams.
Which subject are you for?

You aren't alone
Original post by cerlohee
:hello:
So ready to just be done with exams.
Which subject are you for?

Me too! Two more weeks ...
MML :smile: you?
Original post by Elcor
You aren't alone

Good to know!

Less losing the will to love, more fearing that I won't make my offer and will look like an absolute fool on results day.

Someone in the year above me missed their offer and all my teachers have been like "don't do a [insert name]!" (bit harsh I know). Will be so awkward if I do :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending