The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

People are saying this is easy? The smartest people I know said it was harder than the Solomon papers which I agree.

I had no clue what to do with the 2sinx+root3cosx

I fluffed up on the arithmetic series questions.

The last question was pretty easy. I got r=2.92 which is £3 which seems reasonable. And for proving it was the minimum I got 59.2 which is positive, hence its the minimum.

Q1-4 were fodder.

The question on that shape was really easy

The cosine one with k in it was okay. I ended up with k/4 which is 3/4 which I got x=0,41.1,180,318.8 for when cosx=-1 and cosx=3/4
Original post by JamieLegg
Answers I can remember
A = 18
R = 8/9

N = 28

Cost was like 520 ish

no...the cost was ike 483/484 ish...most people got that
Original post by tayloryeah
What did you get for the intergration area curve Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks would I lose if I didn't sub r back into the cost equation?
Original post by target21859
For the question where you had to express cosx in terms of k, did you get 4cos^2x-cosx-k=0?

Yep
For the question where you had to express cosx in terms of k, did you get 4cos^2x-cosx-k=0?

yep, then I used the quadratic forumual to find cosx in terms of k
Original post by enaayrah
I got something like that

Omg same :smile:
Reply 1927
is it cosx=k and cosx=(k+1)/4????

I only got x=0 for part C
What even was that.

Yes. I left it like that too though i didn't think it was clear how they wanted it

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the integration find the area question, i didnt integrate them seperately and got a wrong answer:\\
how many marks was it worth and how many would i get :\
I actually did try to integrate it seperately on the other side of the paper but then i think i crossed it out :frown:
Original post by lukejoshjames
Really easy paper, I think I only slipped up on the Cos in terms of k question. What did everyone get for that?

4cos^2x - cosx = k
I really hated that exam im hoping the grade boundaries are low

Yes but you had to equate k to 4cos^2x-cos2x, hence why they stated in express in terms of k
messed up the factorisation....forgot to put 3 outside the brackets.....messed up the trig ques :frown:
Original post by tayloryeah
I got a 194, 32 from 0 to 4 plus 162 from 4 to 9, how did you get 224?

Thats also what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa
:cry2:

Exactly how i feel at the moment :frown:
Original post by Dieselblue
People are saying this is easy? The smartest people I know said it was harder than the Solomon papers which I agree.

I had no clue what to do with the 2sinx+root3cosx

I fluffed up on the arithmetic series questions.

The last question was pretty easy. I got r=2.92 which is £3 which seems reasonable. And for proving it was the minimum I got 59.2 which is positive, hence its the minimum.

Q1-4 were fodder.

The question on that shape was really easy

The cosine one with k in it was okay. I ended up with k/4 which is 3/4 which I got x=0,41.1,180,318.8 for when cosx=-1 and cosx=3/4

You had to sub r = 2.92.. back in to find the actual cost

Posted from TSR Mobile
The cubic factorisation was 3(2x+1)(x+4)(x-4)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending