The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Guys listen.

For the tan question, I got twice as many solutions because square root of tan gives positive and negative values. Any thoughts?
Original post by edwardsheeran
N = 28

It sounds like you forgot to flip the inequalities sign because you had to divide by a log that was between 1 and -1 and therefore was negative

Don't worry though, it'll probably be like 1 mark

What was the first term? I came out exam like 5 mins ago and forgot it all already XD
Original post by edwardsheeran
N = 28

It sounds like you forgot to flip the inequalities sign because you had to divide by a log that was between 1 and -1 and therefore was negative

Don't worry though, it'll probably be like 1 mark

Original post by vuvuzela
No
If you arent sure you can substitute 27 or 28 in and only 28 gave a value greater than 290

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's annoying, but yeah, it will only be 1 mark
Original post by Wawasan
Yeah I got all of them, althoguh I rounded the angles bit to 1 dp since it didn't specify :tongue:

very precise :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by Boundless_x
Ooo a fellow anime fan! :h:

yippyyyyy!! you've become my first follower ever :grin: (newbie here)
Original post by Mattematics
Started fine, got stupidly hard in the middle then the last question was pretty easy.

Thats almost exactly how I feel tbh.
Original post by Jabberjay_
But it is correct so we shouldn't lose any marks.

Hm may be because they said "fully factories". Fully. Like no more chance to factories anything in the bracket I guess.
But it's fine in general. Worse case is that we lost around 1 or 2 UMS :biggrin:
My least favourite question was question 5..i ended up with 12..:/ the rest of my answer s were either right or on the right lines with small stupid errors ( id say about 50 50) id say it was harder than the past papers i did but i wouldnt say i did really badly..
Cost of cleaning the glass cylinder was £483 if I remember correctly
Someone make a mark scheme!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ahleazy
I felt like I should know the methods to solve all those questions, I honestly do.
Let me give you a tip - good sleep is a NECESSITY. I had really bad and broken sleep last night, probably coming down with something. Absolutely exhausted this morning and looking at the paper made me want to cry - mind was so fogged up and i literally forgot methods to everything I've done for the past year.

Made worse by the fact that I was relying on this paper to up-me-up from the horrendous C1 paper. Edexcel have really messed us (imo) over this year - none of the past papers i've done (C1 + C2) have been this gruelling. Ugh

GUYS LISTEN TO THIS
I totally agree
I had a messed up sleep cycle for my C1 maths exam and I made many silly errors
for this paper, although my sleeping pattern is still not to normal aha, I had around 6 hours of sleep and it makes a massive difference!

Is it bad I can recognise the video's URL?
Someone please, make an unofficial markscheme:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to kill myself
Reply 2093
I got £709 to the nearest pound?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got the same as you for all of them except the factorising question, which I'm pretty sure I got wrong.

that's not a heavy question so I think you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by frozo123
yes I agree with all of those, although I put the trig ones to 1dp rather than 3sf but doubt it matters

don't think it matters :wink:
Original post by Ahleazy
I felt like I should know the methods to solve all those questions, I honestly do.
Let me give you a tip - good sleep is a NECESSITY. I had really bad and broken sleep last night, probably coming down with something. Absolutely exhausted this morning and looking at the paper made me want to cry - mind was so fogged up and i literally forgot methods to everything I've done for the past year.

Made worse by the fact that I was relying on this paper to up-me-up from the horrendous C1 paper. Edexcel have really messed us (imo) over this year - none of the past papers i've done (C1 + C2) have been this gruelling. Ugh
no it's not
Got the same as you for all of them except the factorising question, which I'm pretty sure I got wrong.

Got the same as you except for the area of the graph, oh well, im definitely retaking that paper next year
Original post by 12345678zzz
that's not a heavy question so I think you'll be fine :smile:

don't think it matters :wink:

did you get 1/3 and 3/2 for y in the logs question?
Any estimations for grade boundaries???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending