The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2 Education and Research Methods Forum

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Yeah you could but I'm not sure how. Not looking forward to another policy essay

Original post by rmm13
you could refer to it in an essay too
Original post by anzyy
Thank youu

They are both important that's the point.

Do not write which YOU think is more important
Reply 322
Original post by risteard
Yes

In a sample answer on 'questionnaires' not relating to methods in context, it has been marked 20/20 without mentioning any specific studies, it just has an extremely detailed and balanced argument. Does this mean names are not essential in this question?
Reply 323
What points would you make in an essay on Marxism?!:s-smilie:
Original post by BOWE
In a sample answer on 'questionnaires' not relating to methods in context, it has been marked 20/20 without mentioning any specific studies, it just has an extremely detailed and balanced argument. Does this mean names are not essential in this question?

Can you post as an attachment?

Grades are given for a whole range of reasons to be honest.

I got an A grade paper back once, it was crap. The student had clearly been given the person above on the list grade, slip of the pencil, inxperienced markers...
Reply 325
I can't post it sorry because its an email attachment, but it is in that revision pack you have emailed, June 2010, 20 mark reseach Q. Well no wonder people have to get remarks if it's that easy to mess up marking :redface:

Original post by risteard
Can you post as an attachment?

Grades are given for a whole range of reasons to be honest.

I got an A grade paper back once, it was crap. The student had clearly been given the person above on the list grade, slip of the pencil, inxperienced markers...
Reply 326
Could anyone send me a model MIC answer of strengths and weaknesses of experiments

And one for documents?
Please im panicking
Original post by Tahsinkabir
Hey
Could i see your example essay? :smile:

Sure, for the first one i attach (Interviews) please ignore my first paragraph i made a,mistake but just look at the conclusions. For the second one i attach it was 18/20 again the conclusions are really short but thats literally all you need.
Reply 328
Hi does anyone think there is any point in revising for ethnicity as a 12 marker had came up last year? or do you think that it will come up as a 20 marker?
Original post by rmm13
Could anyone send me a model MIC answer of strengths and weaknesses of experiments

And one for documents?
Please im panicking

I only have one of my old ones which was 16/20 (A) but i didnt finish my conclusion it ended abruptly but this should give you a brief structure
Original post by nayana71
Social policies then again we had that for unit 1 so maybenot, 12 marker possibly subject choice and 20 marker is going to hace something to do with material/cultural deprivation

The last time social policy came up was 2010, and that was both for family and education, probably due to the elections, and seeing if your keeping up to date with all the education changes...
can anyone help me how i would write the 20 marker methods in context question differently to the research methods 20 marker.
i know to use the methods in contect 'item' but how else would it differ?

or what would you put in the methods and context and what would you put in the research methods one?
thanks
Original post by fallingleaves97
Everyone is predicting different things!! I wouldn't rely on predictions, just revise EVERYTHING. I'm not trusting predictions this time, we were lucky with unit one but doesn't mean its going to happen again! Good luck everyone

Exactly what I'm saying. The best that could happen is you get a predicted 12 marker. But what happens when you haven't revise for the 3 other 20 markers due to relying on predictions? Good luck.
Original post by davidsmith95--
can anyone help me how i would write the 20 marker methods in context question differently to the research methods 20 marker.
i know to use the methods in contect 'item' but how else would it differ?

or what would you put in the methods and context and what would you put in the research methods one?
thanks

For the methods in context section... they could ask you anything. You need to be prepared to apply (A) pupils, teachers, parents, school or classrooms to a (B) research method. There are 3 levels to secure a good grade - make sure you RELATE A to B

Then use PERVRT

Good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MayaBej
For the methods in context section... they could ask you anything. You need to be prepared to apply (A) pupils, teachers, parents, school or classrooms to a (B) research method. There are 3 levels to secure a good grade - make sure you RELATE A to B

Then use PERVRT

Good luck

ok thanks for that, i have my tutor later so will go over them.

What does 'PERVRT' mean? what letter means what? thanks
Reply 335
Original post by MayaBej
Exactly what I'm saying. The best that could happen is you get a predicted 12 marker. But what happens when you haven't revise for the 3 other 20 markers due to relying on predictions? Good luck.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but how do we actually need to structure 12 mark answers? :smile:
Reply 336
Original post by nayana71
I only have one of my old ones which was 16/20 (A) but i didnt finish my conclusion it ended abruptly but this should give you a brief structure

perfect !! thanks so much
Original post by davidsmith95--
ok thanks for that, i have my tutor later so will go over them.

What does 'PERVRT' mean? what letter means what? thanks

Practical
Ethical
Reliability
Validity
Representativeness
Theory

If you do a paragraph for each, you should cover all the issues :smile:
Reply 338
does anyone know how to answer a 12 marker? AQA AS level sociology? Thanks!
Reply 339
does anyone know how to write a 12 marker? please can someone help? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending