The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by agg98
for question was the answers

360-a and 180-a or did it have to be in radians

you probably would have been able to write in degrees or radians as it didnt specify, but the answer wasn't that as the 2cosx graph had been stretched by a factor of 3 so it would have been 1080-a and 540-a, i did the same as you :frown:
Reply 241
Original post by Jabba the cuunt
get an unofficial mark scheme up

Already done:
Original post by xsanda
Xsanda's solutions:R=-2;ar¹⁰ = 3072;Sum to 20 = -1048575;trapezium: 21.4;narrower strips;triangle area: 32.1;perimeter: 22.7;expansion: 64+192ax+240a²x²+…;a=2/3;y=4x^(3/2)-7x-3;(x-2)(x+5)(x-3);256;negative section of integration counts negatively;u₂₀ = 62;Σ = 517 (show that);N=24;n=17.1;x=32, y=8;6π-α;3π-α;graph of sin, half height;3.32, 12.7
Sorry if the line breaks are missing
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nuvertion
What do you think will be the grade boundary for an A? I reckon it'll be about 58 marks.

I think it will be lower than that, apparently its harder than last year ive been told so about 56 again? 55 maybe?
Original post by ella_chloe
I reckon same as last year whatever thatw as

56, but I think it was slightly easier than last year. Also last year was the first time there were no AS January exams (I think) so it could've been lower than normal.
Reply 244
Anyone remember how the marks were split up for Q9?
Original post by AlfieH
Anyone remember how the marks were split up for Q9?

9i - 1 mark
ii - 2 marks
iii - 2 marks
iii - 4 marks
Do you guys not get to keep your paper? I kept mine. Also, for q9 the first two parts, it says to start that x is in radians, does that necessarily mean you need the answer in radians? I put both of mine in degrees, 1080-a and something.
Reply 247
Original post by Alex99999999
Do you guys not get to keep your paper? I kept mine. Also, for q9 the first two parts, it says to start that x is in radians, does that necessarily mean you need the answer in radians? I put both of mine in degrees, 1080-a and something.

Can you post a scan/photo of the question booklet, eg to IMGUR?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 248
what was the integration one i got 307and1/3 or something like that
Was having problems with that aswell so went the old fashioned way ; 32+35+38...+62=517

Original post by DominoMatrix227
How did everyone prove that the answer was 517 for one of the summations question?
Original post by Nuvertion
56, but I think it was slightly easier than last year. Also last year was the first time there were no AS January exams (I think) so it could've been lower than normal.

I think this year was harder :/ i got 90% as a mock of last year and this year probably lost about 12 marks :/
so did u n=-44 idk now... someone please how many marks gone???
Original post by xsanda
Already done:

Original post by xsanda
Already done:

I think the sum to 20 might be wrong
A=53, B= 46. This was the trickiest paper I have ever came across.harder than any previous years.
Original post by wat a wizard
Was having problems with that aswell so went the old fashioned way ; 32+35+38...+62=517

You just use the formula. but remember there are 11 numbers as you include the first.

So work out the 10th term, U10=5+(9x3)

Then sub that answer into the sum formula

S10 = 1/2 x 11 ( 2(32) + 10 (3) )

Hope this helps
How many marks dropped for getting N=-44 or 125/3?
Was there anyone who did not complete all the questions?
Original post by Rubberduckiller
so did u n=-44 idk now... someone please how many marks gone???

I got a quadratic and the 2 solutions were n=-44 and n=(a positive number not sure the exact value). n can't be negative though. However I don't think that was the right way to solve it
Yeah sure give me a min, if i wont get in trouble for that.

Could I have it as well please?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sure give me a min, if i wont get in trouble for that.

can i have it as well please. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending