The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - S1 - 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
What did people get for the last part of the Venn diagram question?
Original post by Cadherin
Yes, I did that but for some reason decided to put a "1-" in front of it - how many marks will I lose, 1 or 2?

Probs just 1 bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamJOM
We've been allowed to take the question paper out of all of our maths exams so far :smile:

Our invigilators take our papers then the question booklets before we even move :frown:
Original post by Manexopi
Ok phew I got the same :biggrin:

me too!
Original post by Solz01
What did people get for the last part of the Venn diagram question?

15/67 whatever that was
Original post by Cadherin
Yes, I'm pretty sure the cherry one was 1/19 (I seem to remember).

That is what I got
For the one about the orange chocolates.... The part where he chooses them one a weekend

The probablity that he gets the twice in a row was 0.00094 or something right?
Why did the alpha thing have to be in radians?
Reply 188
Original post by Kira Yagami
For the one about the orange chocolates.... The part where he chooses them one a weekend

Yup

Thats what I got but idk if it's right.
Did people get 0.0407 or something for the P(X>=19) it was just 1- the probability from the previous answer right?

Yeah that's what I did
Did people get 320/12 for the mean of the stem and leaf, 31 for the mode and can't remember the median but it was the 6.5th value
Original post by pruthviamin
0.009 something for the last 1 anybody?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that, but I'm not sure if it's correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did people get 320/12 for the mean of the stem and leaf, 31 for the mode and can't remember the median but it was the 6.5th value

I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did any one use the tables for the very last question? I did P(X=>3) = 1 - P(X<=2) and got something like 0.9645? Pretty sure i got it wrong

29.5 I think for the median
Reply 197
Sigh I messed up the binomial before the hypothesis testing and so did my hypothesis testing with slightly wrong values, however my values were out by such a small amount I got the correct critical region and conclusion in my hypothesis testing.
I realised my binomial was wrong and changed (in an obvious way) just before the end however I didn't have time to change my hypothesis testing values.
Will I get error carried forward for this/how many marks will I lose? :O
Reply 198
Original post by joshgofe
29.5 I think for the median

Yeah, that's what I got :smile:

I think I might be able to remember the values for the diagram lol. I don't have a paper, but they were...

6 15 18 21 25 28 31 31 33 35 38 39

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending