The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MentalMath
The one where it said what should the boys conclusion be I put the correct answer but I said at the 1% level not realised it is the same for all v=3, so I thi9nk they will deduct 1 mark right?

Oh damn, I made the same mistake. Are you me lol?

I think that the grade boundaries are going to be such that 67-68 would get you 93-95 ums.
questions 6e , grand total is not 100, add up observed and you get 200 so (130x39)/200
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kingmathematica
Like I promised earlier, I am posting the questions from S3. I don't know how useful it is to everyone, but I hope people can come up with an unofficial. And, I must say it is a very tricky paper.

I have the solutions but can't upload them. I think someone else has done it already though
Original post by Gome44
I have the solutions but can't upload them. I think someone else has done it already though

What wash your confidence interval part 4B. That's the only things that's wrong on the other one.
Original post by Gome44

yeahhh but they're just mainly the answers....could you please try to send your worked solutions please? that'll be helpful
Original post by mmms95
questions 6e , grand total is not 100, add up observed and you get 200 so (130x39)/200

Nope. The grand total is 100.

I think you may have added the "total collumn" on by accident.
for the mu =0.5 if you test at 5% level and say H0 is wrong can u still get the marks? cause you can set the sig level right?
Original post by xyzmaster
What wash your confidence interval part 4B. That's the only things that's wrong on the other one.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432121384.430649.jpg
Original post by Xin Xang
Nope. The grand total is 100.

I think you may have added the "total collumn" on by accident.

you're right, dammnit
Original post by Gome44
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432121384.430649.jpg

I did the same thing
Original post by varshanct95
yeahhh but they're just mainly the answers....could you please try to send your worked solutions please? that'll be helpful

I'll upload the photos one at a time
I did the same thing

Thank you
Does my stats 3 result have to go towards my further maths finals grade or can it go towards my maths finals grade?
Reply 573
Original post by Amandeep_3
Does my stats 3 result have to go towards my further maths finals grade or can it go towards my maths finals grade?

Further maths final grade
Original post by mmms95
for the mu =0.5 if you test at 5% level and say H0 is wrong can u still get the marks? cause you can set the sig level right?

this questions is really bothering me, anybody???
I did the same thing

Original post by xyzmaster
Thank you

Hey so guys I did the exact same thing but i forgot the divide by 10 bit in the initial instance. so my sigma value was a power of ten out. otherwise my steps were the same, how many marks will I lose?
Reply 576
Original post by shloke123
Hey so guys I did the exact same thing but i forgot the divide by 10 bit in the initial instance. so my sigma value was a power of ten out. otherwise my steps were the same, how many marks will I lose?

Its normally "correct answer with no incorrect working seen" in which case accuracy marks are lost but you don't have to work out sigma to find the interval so you might get all the marks.
worst S3 exam made up of 6 exercise what the ... ex5 and 6 were so bull**** in my school out of the 40 students taking the exam not even one was okay with it
Original post by STATER
Its normally "correct answer with no incorrect working seen" in which case accuracy marks are lost but you don't have to work out sigma to find the interval so you might get all the marks.

you do have to work out sigma? Its the mean plus or minus 1.96 x sigma over root 150 haha. And my sigma was a power of 10 out so my answers are also slighlty off. but my methd is correct. So i'll definitly lose marks, just how many is my question haha
Reply 579
Original post by shloke123
you do have to work out sigma? Its the mean plus or minus 1.96 x sigma over root 150 haha. And my sigma was a power of 10 out so my answers are also slighlty off. but my methd is correct. So i'll definitly lose marks, just how many is my question haha

Sigmas constant isnt it?
Anyways I got the same answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending