The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Hey guys, hope it went well for everyone. I know quite a few people in my school thought it was a reasonably tricky paper but for those of you messaging me about grade boundaries, I really have no idea. I'm too tired to make an unofficial mark scheme on the original post and honestly I can't remember any of my answers, but if Mr M posts his own, I'll make sure I add the link to it to this thread :smile: good luck with the rest of your exams!
PS for those of you doing S1, check out this thread.
Reply 301
Original post by Wolfram74
Wouldn't the integration one be -206.5 or -207.5 (can't remember which) because the next question asked why this was not the area under the curve between -5 and 3?

If you calculate it you get 256 and this is incorrect as it should be higher than this;
some area gets subtracted as a small part of the area is below the x axis
Can someone write out how the 2n question works ?? So confused !!!!
Reply 303
Original post by Wolfram74
Wouldn't the integration one be -206.5 or -207.5 (can't remember which) because the next question asked why this was not the area under the curve between -5 and 3?

You can check it by entering "integrate (x3-19x+30) from -5 to 3" into Wolfram Alpha. It's definitely positive, as the majority of the curve is above the x axis.
Quite happy with how that exam went, although it probably was the hardest C2 paper I've ever done! Think I've got everything correct apart from 9. a. i) and ii), which were a total of 3 marks. Did the very last question specify for the answer to be in Radians? I gave mine in degrees...

Surely the grade boundaries will be low for this paper - any estimates on what you'd need for 100 UMS? January 2013 was 68/72, but I felt that this paper was harder than that one.
Reply 305
Original post by Maprunner
the first logarithm one

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BradWerritt
Quite happy with how that exam went, although it probably was the hardest C2 paper I've ever done! Think I've got everything correct apart from 9. a. i) and ii), which were a total of 3 marks. Did the very last question specify for the answer to be in Radians? I gave mine in degrees...

Surely the grade boundaries will be low for this paper - any estimates on what you'd need for 100 UMS? January 2013 was 68/72, but I felt that this paper was harder than that one.

It's better to compare this to June 2014. I reckon the grade/UMS boundaries will be pretty similar.
Original post by AlfieH
Anyone remember how the marks were split up for Q9?

9(i)(a)1 mark
(b)2 marks
(ii)2 marks
(iii)around 5
Reply 308
Original post by Patsella
Can someone write out how the 2n question works ?? So confused !!!!

Sum from N to 2N
= Sum to 2N - Sum to N-1

= 2N/2 [2a-(2N-1)d] - (N-1)/2 [2a-(N-2)d]
where a = 5, d =3

This gives a quadratic 9N²+13-5496 = 0, which solves to N=24 or -229/9, so N must be 24, positive integer.
Hi guys. I put all my answers for question 9 in degrees. Would you have an estimate of how many marks I might lose if all the answers were correct in degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 310
Original post by Blessedness
Hi guys. I put all my answers for question 9 in degrees. Would you have an estimate of how many marks I might lose if all the answers were correct in degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd lose the mark on 9i), and possibly one of the two on 9ii).
Original post by xsanda
Xsanda's solutions:
1i) common ratio:[1]
r=-2
1ii) 11th term: [2]
ar¹⁰ = 3072
1iii) sum to 20: [2]
Sum to 20 = -1048575

2i) trapezium rule: [4]
2ii) improvement: [1]
more/narrower strips

3i) shaded area: [4]
3ii) perimeter: [5]

4i) Binomial expansion: [4]
64+192ax+240a²x²+…
4ii) Find a: [5]
a=2/3

5) Double antidifferential: [7]
y=4x^(3/2)-7x-3

6i) Factorise: [4]
(x-2)(x+5)(x-3)
6ii) Integrate: [4]
6iii) Problem with integral: [2]
negative section of integration counts negatively

7i) u₂₀: [2]
7ii) Σ 10 to 20 show that: [3]
7iii) Σ N to 2N: [6]
N=24

8a) log 2^(n-3) = 18000: [4]
n=17.1
8b) simultaneous logs: [5]
x=32, y=8

9ia) Next solution of cos: [1]
6π-α
9ib) Solution with negative: [2]
3π-a
9ii) Draw graph: [2]
graph of sin, half height
9iii) Solve graphs: [4]
3.32, 12.7

Wasn't question -7 not -3
For the N = 24 question how many marks would you get for attempting to complete the square on an incorrect quadratic (9N^2 + 7N - 5500 = 0)?
Reply 313
does anyone know what the log question was
what will i get if i integrate the d2y/dx2 twice but put the (4,1) in instead, for log i get logx=5 and logy=8, didn't work out the x and y :/ how many marks will i lose?
Reply 315
Calculation of N ; C2 2015 q.pdf

Some people were asking for a solution for the N = 24 question;
This is what I did for the exam;
Reply 316
for the simultaneous log one i got x=0.5 and y=512 would i get any marks as when you substitute it into log2x + log2y=8 you get 8?
Original post by Maprunner
the first logarithm one

what exactly was the question
Reply 318
what was the question
Original post by Charco63
Wasn't question -7 not -3

I crap I think I've Misread 1 as 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending