The Student Room Group

Female British Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGurl
I know someone has already answered this but I thought I would to. I do believe that I will get the same rewards and the same 'level' of heaven as men because it's not based on gender but our beliefs in Allah. I could be ahead in my belief of Allah compared to a man hence the level of reward I would get would be greater. If we both have the same beliefs and have both done good things in life then we will both get the same level of jannat.

If anyone else believes differently-that's your beliefs, these are mine.

You explained it better than me 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone has already answered this but I thought I would to. I do believe that I will get the same rewards and the same 'level' of heaven as men because it's not based on gender but our beliefs in Allah. I could be ahead in my belief of Allah compared to a man hence the level of reward I would get would be greater. If we both have the same beliefs and have both done good things in life then we will both get the same level of jannat.

If anyone else believes differently-that's your beliefs, these are mine.

What do you want your rewards to be and what are you doing to get them?
Reply 162
Original post by Strangerdanger
You explained it better than me 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha really?
Reply 163
Original post by Racoon
What do you want your rewards to be and what are you doing to get them?

im not wishing for anything but I do know that everything in heaven is like nothing on this world. What I'm doing to get them? I'm praying, believing and having trust in God
im not wishing for anything but I do know that everything in heaven is like nothing on this world. What I'm doing to get them? I'm praying, believing and having trust in God

You will never know if you have done enough.

No peace, just a continual striving for perfection. Humans can't be perfect, they sin all the time, in thought, what they say and what they do.

Even Mohammed didn't know if he had done enough.
Reply 165
Original post by Racoon
You will never know if you have done enough.

No peace, just a continual striving for perfection. Humans can't be perfect, they sin all the time, in thought, what they say and what they do.

Even Mohammed didn't know if he had done enough.

I will never know but I will keep trying, hopefully I'll go on hajj and keep praying and repent for my sins
I will never know but I will keep trying, hopefully I'll go on hajj and keep praying and repent for my sins

The Quran says that when anyone enters hell, he will be there eternally. There is no assurance for eternal life in the Quran.

Find me a sura/verse that gives you as a girl/woman assurance of an eternity that isn't in hell? Because you know that you believe that there will be many more women in hell.
Original post by Racoon
The Quran says that when anyone enters hell, he will be there eternally. There is no assurance for eternal life in the Quran.

Find me a sura/verse that gives you as a girl/woman assurance of an eternity that isn't in hell? Because you know that you believe that there will be many more women in hell.

(Surah 43:74-78), the former will be punished for their evil deeds (Surah 23, Al Muminun, verse 103) but eventually they will be able to go to Heaven. Islam teaches that the more good deeds one does, the less time one has to spend in Hell. However, nobody knows ultimately what Allah thinks is a good deed.

Btw Islam isn't sexist, the reason why many women might be in hell is because alot are unable to control themselves against worldly desires e.g. Women backbite alot, im fairly certain pride is more common within women aswell etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
(Surah 43:74-78), the former will be punished for their evil deeds (Surah 23, Al Muminun, verse 103) but eventually they will be able to go to Heaven. Islam teaches that the more good deeds one does, the less time one has to spend in Hell. However, nobody knows ultimately what Allah thinks is a good deed.

Btw Islam isn't sexist, the reason why many women might be in hell is because alot are unable to control themselves against worldly desires e.g. Women backbite alot, im fairly certain pride is more common within women aswell etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you replying on behalf of the OP AMA?

You say - "nobody knows ultimately what Allah thinks is a good deed"

This is the problem.

Where is the list of approved good deeds and where is the list of those things that will send you straight to hell for ever? Your 'good' thing might be someone else's 'wrong' thing, if you don't know there really isn't much hope is there?

A good example is to look around the world at the moment. The evil things being done by those people are their interpretation of what is a 'good' or 'right' thing - see the problem.

You say "....Women backbite alot, im fairly certain pride is more common within women aswell"....

Oh really???????? - you made a judgement on that did you, Mr Perfect??? your reply might be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Women, so you are told in various hadiths (Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri) are more likely to end up in hell because they are less intelligent, lack commitment and are unable to fast or pray during her 'menses'.

Being unable to pray or fast each month through no fault of her own means she fails?
Original post by Racoon

This is the problem.

Where is the list of approved good deeds and where is the list of those things that will send you straight to hell for ever? Your 'good' thing might be someone else's 'wrong' thing, if you don't know there really isn't much hope is there?

A good example is to look around the world at the moment. The evil things being done by those people are their interpretation of what is a 'good' or 'right' thing - see the problem.

You say "....Women backbite alot, im fairly certain pride is more common within women aswell"....

Oh really???????? - you made a judgement on that did you, Mr Perfect??? your reply might be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Women, so you are told in various hadiths (Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri) are more likely to end up in hell because they are less intelligent, lack commitment and are unable to fast or pray during her 'menses'.

Being unable to pray or fast each month through no fault of her own means she fails?

He read women are more likely to be in hell???? Wow thats the first ive heard of this.

I mean ive read that ther will be more women in hell compared to men, but lets face it there are more women in the world than men

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m-hussain
He read women are more likely to be in hell???? Wow thats the first ive heard of this.

I mean ive read that ther will be more women in hell compared to men, but lets face it there are more women in the world than men

Posted from TSR Mobile

No,unfortunately not. The number of men and women in the world is roughly equal.

https://www.ined.fr/en/everything_about_population/demographic-facts-sheets/faq/more-men-or-more-women-in-the-world/

This is even taking into account the number of baby girls murdered every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/medical/infanticide_1.shtml
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Racoon
No,unfortunately not. The number of men and women in the world is roughly equal.

https://www.ined.fr/en/everything_about_population/demographic-facts-sheets/faq/more-men-or-more-women-in-the-world/

This is even taking into account the number of baby girls murdered every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/abortion/medical/infanticide_1.shtml

Oh...lol sorry my bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Racoon

This is the problem.

sorry, i'll let her answer from now on but it was bothering me

btw please don't make up you own false arguments

Menstruation Is Not A PunishmentThe Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said about menstruation, “Verily this is a matter Allah has written upon the girls of Prophet Adam (Allah bless him)…” [Bukhari]Those who claim that menstruation is like a punishment because one cannot perform acts of worship are severely mistaken.
On the contrary, there are many forms of worship that a woman can do while menstruating aside from what is legally prohibited.Allah says in the Quran, “He who obeyeth Allah and His messenger, and feareth Allah, and keepeth duty (unto Him): such indeed are the victorious.” [Nur: 52]
Allah Most High has commanded menstruating women and women in a state of lochia (post-natal bleeding) to refrain from the ritual prayer and ritual fasting. Thus, if a menstruating woman fulfills this command with the intention to submit to Allah’s order, she is actually worshipping Allah the entire time that she refrains from the ritual prayer and ritual fasting. As one of my teachers said, “Her praying while pure is worship (ibada) and her refraining from prayer while menstruating is worship. All of it is worship”Therefore, there’s nothing dreadful or awful about menstruation or lochia (post-natal bleeding), rather it is a person’s attitude towards it.
sorry, i'll let her answer from now on but it was bothering me

btw please don't make up you own false arguments

Menstruation Is Not A PunishmentThe Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said about menstruation, “Verily this is a matter Allah has written upon the girls of Prophet Adam (Allah bless him)…” [Bukhari]Those who claim that menstruation is like a punishment because one cannot perform acts of worship are severely mistaken.
On the contrary, there are many forms of worship that a woman can do while menstruating aside from what is legally prohibited.Allah says in the Quran, “He who obeyeth Allah and His messenger, and feareth Allah, and keepeth duty (unto Him): such indeed are the victorious.” [Nur: 52]
Allah Most High has commanded menstruating women and women in a state of lochia (post-natal bleeding) to refrain from the ritual prayer and ritual fasting. Thus, if a menstruating woman fulfills this command with the intention to submit to Allah’s order, she is actually worshipping Allah the entire time that she refrains from the ritual prayer and ritual fasting. As one of my teachers said, “Her praying while pure is worship (ibada) and her refraining from prayer while menstruating is worship. All of it is worship”Therefore, there’s nothing dreadful or awful about menstruation or lochia (post-natal bleeding), rather it is a person’s attitude towards it.

How does that work with - Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri) are more likely to end up in hell because they are less intelligent, lack commitment and are unable to fast or pray during her 'menses'.?

Quick Reply

Latest