The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STATER
Sigmas constant isnt it?
Anyways I got the same answer.

Yeah sigma is constant! but to obtain sigma you need to use the 2 simultaneous equations as shown in the post earlier this page! and in that i missed a dividing by 10 part out. So how many marks will that cost me lol??
For confidence interval did it give us the mean of the second sample
For some reason I worked out the mean of the sample in the first confidence interval and used that one which I think was 4.88
Worked out sigma obviously
Reckon 2 marks lost or?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
For confidence interval did it give us the mean of the second sample
For some reason I worked out the mean of the sample in the first confidence interval and used that one which I think was 4.88
Worked out sigma obviously
Reckon 2 marks lost or?

yeah it gave you a separate mean, i reckon 2 marks lost :smile:
A* 69
a 65
Reply 584
Original post by dhrumitvora
A* 69
a 65

no
ok
Original post by STATER
no
A* 69
a 65

No way .. Way too high..... Perhaps gap year for me since I can't even meet the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DCMed96
No way .. Way too high..... Perhaps gap year for me since I can't even meet the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

69 cz most of us lost 6 marks for 5d otherwise even u have seen dat boundaries dont go so low max it can go low i think myt be 68
Any unofficial mark scheme available?
I understand that in s3 method marks are important and answer mark is not enough, but is this the case for all papers? If you get an answer right in c3 paper do you get all the marks?
Original post by Kelani
Any unofficial mark scheme available?

pg 28
For 1a i said to use systematic sampling and explained how to do it taking random numbers etc
Would I get any marks?
Boundaries have shifted between 69 and 68 over past years
I reckon it might go down to 67 but it's unlikely to be particularly low
Then again FP3 last year was said to be super hard and accordingly the a* boundary dropped to 63 so FM boundaries are perhaps more variable than we may assume
A* 69
a 65

A 61 a* 68
did anyone get a positive value for rs?? i think i got positive 0.6 but i ranked the books from least amount of pages to most. made h0: rs = 0 and h1: rs>0
Original post by burger97
did anyone get a positive value for rs?? i think i got positive 0.6 but i ranked the books from least amount of pages to most. made h0: rs = 0 and h1: rs>0

Yes, I got a postive value but I don't think it matters
Original post by burger97

https://869d950bf149eefd5cd2652b400160ceb38ca5c7.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYVGVDMmVJYzVnRnc/June%202013%20MS%20-%20S3%20Edexcel.pdf

See the notes of 2a)
q4 can you use a 5% sig level and reject h0???
Original post by Gome44
Yes, I got a postive value but I don't think it matters

I really hope so, cant deal with more mistakes. I think im already losing 11 marks.
Original post by mmms95
q4 can you use a 5% sig level and reject h0???

? Why would you reject Ho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending