The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gome44
? Why would you reject Ho

if u use 5% its out of 90% confidence interval
Original post by burger97
did anyone get a positive value for rs?? i think i got positive 0.6 but i ranked the books from least amount of pages to most. made h0: rs = 0 and h1: rs>0

did exactly what u did incl ur hypothesis tests and dw we are right
Original post by mmms95
if u use 5% its out of 90% confidence interval

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you post working?
Original post by Gome44
Sorry, I don't understand. Can you post working?

actually i just realised, i was using the critical values... :s i guess we're not supposed to do that?
Original post by mmms95
actually i just realised, i was using the critical values... :s i guess we're not supposed to do that?

I still have no idea what you're on about :tongue:
Original post by Gome44
I still have no idea what you're on about :tongue:

lol , i wrote that z=1.6449 and at 5% z=1.96

1.96>1.6449 so reject H0

WHICH
doesn't really make sense now that i look back at it :P
hopefully its less than 65 for an a. kinda feel disappointed but the other papers were not that hard, and this one had like 2 different questions
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 607
Hi

Does anyone have the solutions for question 6a?
btw for a overall is fm, is it just 480 ums overall, or like you have to get an a in each paper?
Original post by mmms95
btw for a overall is fm, is it just 480 ums overall, or like you have to get an a in each paper?

Its overall. Specific modules only matter if you want an A*.
Reply 611
58 TO 60 for A

Last year A was 64 and the paper was easier than this time
Original post by Xin Xang
Its overall. Specific modules only matter if you want an A*.

For A* in fm do you have to average 90% in your 3 A2s or do the specific modules matter here?
Original post by Amandeep_3
For A* in fm do you have to average 90% in your 3 A2s or do the specific modules matter here?

Average 90 across 3 A2 modules
Reply 614
480 ums overall in FM PLUS 90% in your best 3 A2 modules
Original post by Amandeep_3

Well the only condition is that the modules are A2 modules and not AS. So it can't be any of the 1's. They average the 3 best A2 modules. Assuming that the overall UMS marks exceed 480, if the A2 modules average to 90%, then you get an A*.
I use 25/25/25/25 for last question instead of working out probabilities using continuous.

how many marks will i lose?
Original post by Bealzibub
I use 25/25/25/25 for last question instead of working out probabilities using continuous.

how many marks will i lose?

All of the marks I assume as that is completely wrong.
Reply 618
Original post by Xin Xang
All of the marks I assume as that is completely wrong.

He'll get a mark for stating hypothesis and possibly another B mark elsewhere I think.
Original post by STATER
He'll get a mark for stating hypothesis and possibly another B mark elsewhere I think.

I was just guessing from the information given. I assume that the hypothesis involved something about discrete uniform, which would be wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending