The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Yeah, Ive seen you around- you're really helpful :smile: But sometimes you do strange things bahahah- like that conversation rn or on the meat thread. -I guess its understandable though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are you stalking me ahahah?
nah just banter, annoying cocky people on here takes it out my system :smile:
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Yeah but it's a rough estimate~ I'm annoyed because my teacher takes what we got in c2 for our predicted grades rather than the overall grade.

How was it for you?

My teacher predicted most of our class A*s although some just scraped an A..
you could try convincing them?
I didn't read the k question proper so just left it as k= cos blah blah
so probably 73/75
Original post by tjwilliams555
I was hoping I could do well on this paper so I could afford to lose marks on S1 which I hate, but I found this paper terrible. I skipped so many questions planning to come back to them at the end and then ran out of time. I didn't have a chance to start the last question which I knew how to do because I spent so long trying to do the previous questions. Even sequences which I'd found so easy in past papers I couldn't do part a of.

OMG I sympathise with you I did exactly the same thing and ran out of time, I almost cried when my paper was collected in
Reply 3083
Hi,
For both C1 and C2 i think I've got 58/9ish, is it possible for me to get an A overall, if so how many marks would i roughly need in M1?
Reply 3084
Original post by englandgirl1997
I hate stats though, dreading it :frown:(

yhh im doing s1 to, cant be as bad as c2 was atleast
74/75 in C1, 55/75 in C2, I'm guessing I only need 51 out of 75 in S1 for an A overall?:biggrin:, that will be 80% overall....
Of I got 65/6 in c1 and 60 in c2 what do I need in stats for an a

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 98 ums in c1, and I completely flopped this exam. If I got around 50 raw marks in this exam, how much would i need in M1 to still get an a?
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh i lost around that many in M3 aswell. Got q1 wrong added some gpe and didnt add the distance on the last question aswell as doing the trapezium rule question incorrectly. Im not too bothered as it doesnt really have an affect on myA* and Ive definately got an A in M3 anyway.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Should I care more than you do,since I haven't done my application yet and I have to make a great impression? I mean you just have to take an A*, but I should take as more UMS as possible (right?).
Anyway, I did 6c completely wrong(-3) and some numerical mistake in 7c(the method was completely true but I messed up with the numbers so I guess -2/3/4).
Good luck with STEPIII/II ,these are the important exams for you now.
Well i think i have 98 ums. All my exams this week have gone horrible. Only saving grace was IT
Does anyone know for question 10 if you would get any marks for stating the formula for volume of a cylinder and the formula for surface area of a cylinder and also that when d2y/dx^2 is bigger than 0, it is a minimum?
Original post by ChronicBoredom
I have 98 ums in c1, and I completely flopped this exam. If I got around 50 raw marks in this exam, how much would i need in M1 to still get an a?

Isnt an A 80% overall, so you would need 180 marks in total out of 225 i think
Can someone explain UMS? I'm expecting to get around 65 in both C1 and C2 so can someone tell me what i might need for d1 to get an A??
Original post by ChronicBoredom

I think you'd need full UMS since 50/75 will probably give you a high C
how have you seen the markscheme? link please
Hi, is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Does anyone know for question 10 if you would get any marks for stating the formula for volume of a cylinder and the formula for surface area of a cylinder and also that when d2y/dx^2 is bigger than 0, it is a minimum? ....
Original post by Danz0r123
By far the worst exam I sat this year and out of all of the C2 papers..even the R module ones. However looking at the mark scheme it looks okay..

how have you seen the markscheme? link please
I got 65/6 in c1 and 60 in c2 what do I need in stats for an a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending