The Student Room Group

People who pretty much always eat healthily..

What kind of 'snacks' do you eat in between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean by always eat healthily?

I consider my diet fairly healthy, and part of that (to me) is not snacking.
Reply 2
Two spinach leaves (moisture removed) and if I'm peckish after maybe a skinless grape (halved).
Fruit, dried fruit, and nuts, pretty much. But usually I'll have these things with my lunch, not as a snack.
Reply 4
Original post by seaholme
What do you mean by always eat healthily?

I consider my diet fairly healthy, and part of that (to me) is not snacking.

I mean if you get hungry between breakfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner, what do you eat (which is healthy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
A banana, or a fruit and grain bar.
the healthiest food= deez nutz
Reply 7
Original post by 2kewl4skewl
the healthiest food= deez nutz

Wow, you really are too cool for school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Why do you feel the need to snack in between?
Reply 9
Original post by S-man10

I don't know, I often get peckish between lunch and dinner :/
Original post by S-man10

I feel the need to eat constantly. Especially while revising.
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I feel the need to eat constantly. Especially while revising.

It just means you havent had a satiating meal. A protein and fat meal (good fats) will keep you satiated.

Original post by Blyts-_
I don't know, I often get peckish between lunch and dinner :/

Its just being peckish. Not full on hungry. Split your meals out to 4 or 5 "healthy" makes a day and that will keep you satiated.

To both if needs be there are plenty of healthy "snacking" options
Fruit and nuts.
I HAVE to have a bag of uncracked peanuts ALWAYS because when I get munchy or peckish at night and don't wanna pack on unnecessary fat, but have to nibble on something, I'd prefer peanuts over crisps or candy any day. Like peanuts are PERFECT: they're filling, tasty, help you clear your bowels, so pretty much whatever you ate that night or the night before will digest rather effectively. They also have soo many essential and vital nutrients and minerals and vitamins like zinc and fiber and so much more. Like supposedly a handful of peanuts is better than a dietary supplement.

I also only eat white poultry but sometimes minced beef for tacos :innocent:

If I want a burger, TURKEY!!

I LOVE fish too, like I need substantial, sustaining food.

Ok anyway yes eat peanuts for a snack :biggrin:
Original post by Cannoning
Fruit and nuts.

Yes. Love nuts. My post above favours peanuts :biggrin:
Usually fruit or yogurt, sometimes nuts or biscuits/ryvita with cheese. I LOVE nakd bars, but I don't have them all of the time because they are quite pricey. I also snack on breakfast biscuits (ironically, usually at night) but I don't think that they're considered that healthy (eventhough I get wholegrain ones) haha
Original post by S-man10
It just means you havent had a satiating meal. A protein and fat meal (good fats) will keep you satiated.

I eat well, I just get bored and the first thing I think of doing to pass time is eat.
Reply 17
Original post by Blyts-_
What kind of 'snacks' do you eat in between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nuts and fruit
Yep. Dried fruit mostly alongside nuts. Or just some chicken.

Many more options when bulking though - high protein yogurts, fish sandwiches. etc
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I eat well, I just get bored and the first thing I think of doing to pass time is eat.

try it first, you won't

Quick Reply

Latest