The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - S1 - 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

How many marks were the last two parts of the paper?
Reply 301
Original post by Spelly456
For the mean and standard deviation on Q1 it said find x. Does that mean you wouldn't have to put units (£) on the answers?

In most mark schemes they seem to just ignore units, so it shouldn't really matter if you did or didn't put them on.
Original post by YA BISH
i think i messed up hypotehis one...
i did h0: u=15.6
h1 u>15.6
then used what i had for the value of 19 showed it was greater than 0.01 and concluded...
do you think i will get any marks for this

Are you serious? You've lost 8 marks if you've done that
Reply 303
Original post by JamesExtra
Are you serious? You've lost 8 marks if you've done that

yeah i know it was stupid but would i not get any for the conclusion being right? and the 2 marker afterwards would i get follow through?
Original post by YA BISH
yeah i know it was stupid but would i not get any for the conclusion being right? and the 2 marker afterwards would i get follow through?

I'm not 100% but I think the conclusion only gets marks if you did the right calculations earlier. Look at a past paper and see if they say what to do if that happens. As for the follow through maybe, I'm not too sure. Worst case scenario you've lost 10 in total for that bit, best case you've only lost around 6 :/
Original post by YA BISH

Plus whatever is under 1% is your critical region. You should have rejected H1 for the 8 marker and accepted it for the second part. Did you put that?
Why is finding probability of:

CC, NICE
CCC, NICE
CCCC, NICE
CCCCC, NICE
CCCCCC, NICE

And adding

incorrect for last question?

Since it needs to be more than twice before he picks a nice chocolate? I got 2/57 with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swegucation
i got 7/114 i swear no one else got this cos i did

6/20*5/19*14/18

did any one else get this???

I DID THAT BUT I DUNNO IF ITS RIGHT..is it????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 308
Original post by 2ChemistryIsCool
I DID THAT BUT I DUNNO IF ITS RIGHT..is it????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I got, cos it said probably of having to chose at least 2 before getting one he liked? Bit of a dud question I think cos it can be interpreted either way... Nice ocr
Original post by iamJOM
Sometimes they penalise answers given to just 1sf, though if everything else you had done was to a certain number of decimal places or you had written the unrounded answer earlier on then you will probably be fine.

Yeah I think I would've wrote: "0.0307^2 = 0.0307 x 0.0307 = 0.0009"... also, never knew why zeros after a decimal point are not considered "significant figures" they surely are pretty damn significant.
Guys, here's a link to a poll for the stats, what do you think an A will be?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3345017
Think I've lost marks for the given questions and I put the reason for the mode to be useful because the tourist office would know how many people is most likely would come in that day so they can get the right staff in etc 😂 totally different from what everyone else is saying... I didn't see the mean, so would have lost a mark there too 😣

I ran out of time with this exam, needed to have longer to check my answers
Reply 312
I know i already posted this so I'm sorry for posting it again but it's eating away at me and I could really do with an answer ;P
I messed up my binomial in the question before the hypothesis testing and so did my hypothesis testing with VERY slightly wrong values, however my values were out by such a small amount I got the correct critical region and conclusion in my hypothesis testing.
I realised my binomial was wrong in the previous question and changed (in an obvious way) just before the end however I didn't have time to change my hypothesis testing values. Will I get error carried forward for this/how many marks will I lose? :O
Reply 313
What do you think the A grade boundary will be
Reply 314
Original post by leaf3
I know i already posted this so I'm sorry for posting it again but it's eating away at me and I could really do with an answer ;P
I messed up my binomial in the question before the hypothesis testing and so did my hypothesis testing with VERY slightly wrong values, however my values were out by such a small amount I got the correct critical region and conclusion in my hypothesis testing.
I realised my binomial was wrong in the previous question and changed (in an obvious way) just before the end however I didn't have time to change my hypothesis testing values. Will I get error carried forward for this/how many marks will I lose? :O

Out of 8 you'll probably get 4
Reply 315
Original post by Lewart
What do you think the A grade boundary will be

To me, the paper seemed incredibly similar to the June 2013 paper, so I'm hoping the grade boundaries are also similar.. What is anyone else's thoughts on this? Definitely harder than last yet imo
Reply 316
Original post by Jim997
Out of 8 you'll probably get 4

ah that's so annoying, stupid calculator error :frown: thank you for replying :smile:
Reply 317
Were those answers posted before the exam :K:
Original post by 2chemistryiscool
i did that but i dunno if its right..is it????

posted from tsr mobile

inshallah
Reply 319
Original post by AQASUX
Were those answers posted before the exam :K:

Yeah! Did you not know that?!? The answer for c2 will be posted on here the night before just make sure you stay up till four in the morning before the exam cos that's when they'll be posted! You don't need to revise either! 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending