The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xin Xang
All of the marks I assume as that is completely wrong.

if you get 1 freq wrong is that like 2 accuarcy marks? one for expected freq and one for the statistic?
Reply 621
I was just guessing from the information given. I assume that the hypothesis involved something about discrete uniform, which would be wrong.

Depends if he used the word 'discrete' or said U[0.10] is a good model. Now that I think about it, you're probably right.
Do you think id get any marks in 1a for saying us systematic sampling and I mentioned random numbers ?
IMG0640.jpg
does that get me all the marks for 5b?
Original post by Kelani
IMG0640.jpg
does that get me all the marks for 5b?

Yes
Original post by Amandeep_3
Do you think id get any marks in 1a for saying us systematic sampling and I mentioned random numbers ?

Probably 1 for random numbers
How many marks would stating the hypotheses and significance level get me in 4a?
Original post by Kelani
How many marks would stating the hypotheses and significance level get me in 4a?

2/3. But surely you would have made a conclusion if you did this?
Original post by Kelani

2. It only makes sense since the hypotheses and the significance level would each be 1 mark.
can someone please post 6a solution????

Also how many marks for 5d arriving at 0.181 again as quite a few people did it, 0? eg for (their value......) in mark scheme?
Original post by Gome44
2/3. But surely you would have made a conclusion if you did this?

Wasn't sure what to do from there. Never seen a question like that. Can you explain?
Reply 631
Yes 6a solution please...
All of the marks I assume as that is completely wrong.

My teacher said I'd lose about 3-4 maximum
The HOD agreed, yes, I was a bit panicked so went round asking everyone !

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm just waiting for a Hitler video coming out... Is it true that 90ums=top 10% of students or is there some conspiracy with the ums as well..?
Reply 634
Original post by Mutleybm1996
My teacher said I'd lose about 3-4 maximum
The HOD agreed, yes, I was a bit panicked so went round asking everyone !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made the same mistake as you and assumed it was discrete uniform distribution, I don't see how you would still gain any marks though (based on previous mark schemes w/ notes). absolute bummer.
Original post by mmms95
if you get 1 freq wrong is that like 2 accuarcy marks? one for expected freq and one for the statistic?

There'd be a follow through
Like with mine I'd lose an accuracy mark for the answer and one or two for the frequencies but the rest will all be okay because I calculated the values correctly with the hypothesis and conclusions based on the values correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliM
I made the same mistake as you and assumed it was discrete uniform distribution, I don't see how you would still gain any marks though (based on previous mark schemes w/ notes). absolute bummer.

Well that's what they said?
I'm sure we'd get a few marks regardless, we'd only lose a few

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phgeorgiou
worst S3 exam made up of 6 exercise what the ... ex5 and 6 were so bull**** in my school out of the 40 students taking the exam not even one was okay with it

You just cant imagine how happy I am that more screw this up:biggrin:
Original post by oopsiamsobusted
I'm just waiting for a Hitler video coming out... Is it true that 90ums=top 10% of students or is there some conspiracy with the ums as well..?

*cough* AS Physics B 2014 *cough*
Could someone please kindly post just one solution for question 6a) pleaseeee!!!! its worth 9 marks and i think i completely messed up!!!!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending