The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

I thought the paper was alright apart from a few stupid 1 mark questions. Predicted grade boundaries?
Original post by maxjackson5
You had to use the equation E = P x t, but the power was not given, only the voltage was given. Therefore to get the power, you had to do 12V multiplied by 1.7A to get 20.4A. Then do 20.4A multiplied by 30 seconds to get 612J? Surely.

Or use the charge from the previous question? No need to bother finding out power
You had to use the equation E = P x t, but the power was not given, only the voltage was given. Therefore to get the power, you had to do 12V multiplied by 1.7A to get 20.4A. Then do 20.4A multiplied by 30 seconds to get 612J? Surely.

I just did 51 coulombs multiplied by 12 volts to get the energy and the answer was still 612 joules
Original post by Jules12345
Or use the charge from the previous question? No need to bother finding out power

I think thats what I did lmao idk at this point can't change it anyway
Yeah I did use the charge from the last question, it was 1.7A.

But that's current not charge
grade boundary predictions?
Original post by Bobby21231

Yeah sorry just realised that ahaha, still should get 2 marks though
For the half life question I got 9😭😭

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.

What?
I really can't see how the grade boundary for an A* could be anything less than 48 to be honest.
Yeah sorry just realised that ahaha, still should get 2 marks though

But if you still got 612 joules you will get 3 marks as you just did it another way
(edited 8 years ago)
What was the coulombs question again?
Did anyone get 12 for the half life question? I see people saying they got 9, some saying 12. Which is right?????
Reply 693
What did everyone put for the bus toppling question about the angle being greater I can't remember the actual question but it was a suggest two reasons one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was the first question... It was directly proportional and then I chose C for the next...?
Original post by tsr1807
For the half life question I got 9😭😭

I got 22.5
But if you still got 612 joules you will get 3 marks as you just did it another way

I'd be lucky to get 3 marks on a 2 mark question ahaha xD
Reply 697
Original post by Amywillrevise
Did anyone get 12 for the half life question? I see people saying they got 9, some saying 12. Which is right?????

12 is right. 80-10 is 3 half lives. 36/3 = 12.
Original post by Amywillrevise

I got 9!

Oh no I just worked it out and 9 is right!!! Damn I was wrong :'(

Quick Reply

Latest