The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jam3898
Pretty much all A2 Students say this for every Maths paper. Last years' was very easy. Hardest thing was circle theorems which are still simple and easy trapezium rule marks are included.

Hm. Well I did well so there is no reason for me to moan.
If it was so easy on general I wonder why it was 60 for an A which is pretty low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickLCFC
Aim for at least 70 in S1 I would say, good luck :smile:

I will be aim for as high as possible of course haha. But Im pretty strong on stats and usually get high 60s in any past papers I do and I have the whole half term to revise so 70/75 does not seem impossible imo
On the log question, would it be wrong to right -logbase2,3 as its answer in the calculator?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alpopcuino
I will be aim for as high as possible of course haha. But Im pretty strong on stats and usually get high 60s in any past papers I do and I have the whole half term to revise so 70/75 does not seem impossible imo

Good luck, hope you can get that A
Original post by physicsmaths
Hm. Well I did well so there is no reason for me to moan.
If it was so easy on general I wonder why it was 60 for an A which is pretty low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no clue.The trigonometrical question and the factor theorem questions are ridiculously easy compared to the ones today. There is an easier trapezium rule question, an easy binomial question, an easy integration question. The only mind provoking thing are circle theorems and even if you screw that up that's only 5 marks compared to the hard questions in today's paper. If I got that paper I would jump for joy. Being a ten question paper rather than nine makes it easier as well.
anyone have a mark scheme, would love to see one ?????
thanks
Original post by matthewg1234
anyone have a mark scheme, would love to see one ?????
thanks

OP should add this link to the first post.
Original post by Jam3898
I have no clue.The trigonometrical question and the factor theorem questions are ridiculously easy compared to the ones today. There is an easier trapezium rule question, an easy binomial question, an easy integration question. The only mind provoking thing are circle theorems and even if you screw that up that's only 5 marks compared to the hard questions in today's paper. If I got that paper I would jump for joy. Being a ten question paper rather than nine makes it easier as well.

What was challenging about todays pper then? It was more standard hen last years I know that for sure. I pulled out both papers and looked at them and todays is definately easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got 73-75/75 in C1 ... and only 59-63 in C2 ... What would I need in S1 to get myself an A overall ?
Estimated grade boundaries for an A/B grade??!!!
Original post by JhusJane
Yeah exact same problem here! :frown:

Initially got a dirty cubic, but I realised there was factors I didn't cancel out when subbing in A and it made it much easier to find r
Reply 3191
Guys help please
For the integration question, for part a I expanded one variable of the bracket incorrectly for some reason ( exam pressure) and then I integrated. But for part b my method was 100% correct but obviously I got the last answer wrong. Would I get error carried forward????
I am panicking help.
Original post by Jam3898
Pretty much all A2 Students say this for every Maths paper. Last years' was very easy. Hardest thing was circle theorems which are still simple and easy trapezium rule marks are included.

I agree , no point going along with these people and their predictions cause they are way off and based on their own performances. Last years was wayyyyyyyyyy easier than this years, easy marks in last years yet this years filled with making you lose marks.
So much for that leaked C2 paper then .. people and their assumptions always surprise me. Good luck with S1.
Original post by ironingplaylist
Initially got a dirty cubic, but I realised there was factors I didn't cancel out when subbing in A and it made it much easier to find r

I got a cubic as well, and ended up factorising and getting the right answer. Hopefully I still get all the marks. :s
Original post by SeanFM
OP should add this link to the first post.

thanks
Original post by frozo123
tips for resitting: if you can't do the trig question,
have fun in c3 lol

Pretty much, GG to anyone that can't do binomials either
Original post by TheMathsMan
I think I got 73-75/75 in C1 ... and only 59-63 in C2 ... What would I need in S1 to get myself an A overall ?

Based on the lowest you think you've got, I think you only need 48/75 in S1 to get an A overall for AS. (80% for an A, so you need approx. 180 marks in total, taking away what you think you've already got). Obviously this isn't exact because UMS conversion isn't linear. :-)
Original post by EastGuava
I got a cubic as well, and ended up factorising and getting the right answer. Hopefully I still get all the marks. :s

well damn, when I saw what creation I made was like, fuk this, crossed it all out and did it again aha.
n1 on factorizing it
Original post by TheMathsMan

From what we've seen looking at previous grade boundaries, it's usually 58ish-62ish for an A, so you should have an A anyway. I think I got about the same: there are some people saying today's paper was easy, but I've got 95+% in all the C2 papers I've done, and yet I panicked so much today! Admittedly I was being silly on the geometric series one - our whole year made it more complicated by using the formula instead of 'a + ar', but it was still obviously trying to trick everyone and some of the other questions were mean too! -.- I'm going for about 58 as a worst case scenario (with 0 marks for the answers I can't remember just in case) so fingers crossed I and you will be okay. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
for the last question i wrote dy dx instead of c, do you think that'll negate my whole answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending