The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j5994
thank god!!!

omg i had like half a page agreeing with the question
i put how the war cost 200 million pound, supported fact that 800 million national debt
said how the conservatives who won a landslide victory in khaki election (own knowledge haha) had to pay the debt off, meant that even if they wanted to they couldn't implement social change (****)
also said that i knew that taxes did increase throughout the war

then like 4 pages for agruing w question
put how source 5 mentioned the 'unhealthy' state of recruits, mentioned how 37% were rejected from army
then mentioned how it led to the medical inspections act 1907 (written about in source 6)
then mentioned the school meals act providing 150,000 meals
then mentioned the National Insurance act of 1911 that showed that even tho they had such a huge national debt, it didn't stop the govt from social change
then mentioned how in early 1900s old age pensions act was passed contrary to the view in source 4

conclusion
obvs boer war encouraged social reform

what did you write? felt i was repeating myself over and over haha

Hey, I did the same.. think you aced that question :] as for me, I got a C last year so I'm relying on that haha.. what did you write for the part A question?
How much did you all write?

I wrote 3.5 pages for the 20 marker and 5 pages for the 40 marker, finished with 5 minutes left
India was damn easy as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 523
Original post by pearl_rose
Hey, I did the same.. think you aced that question :] as for me, I got a C last year so I'm relying on that haha.. what did you write for the part A question?

hope we did haha, did you feel like you didn't have enough own knowledge tho, coz it was such a small part of what we've studied ahah.

for A, can't really remember tbh, i'm a bit worried because it was an easyish question so probably everyone wrote the same points

what did u write for A?
Original post by lucyx
People who did women's suffrage: what did you say about the provenances for the sources in the 20 mark essay? We all thought that there was nothing interesting in them as to whether a source was one-sided or not... :s-smilie:

I argued their usefulness is questionable as all attempt to promote and demote the specific cause - It being women's war work improving the status and opportunities of women. Therefore, it is high likely and unsurprising that such views were expressed by all 3 sources.

THEY USED A REFERENCE FROM PUNCH FOR THE FIRST TIME! I WAS LIKE WHAAAAAA!!!!... Then I remembered they were pro-female emancipation!
Original post by lilohrisl
Guys what if i get A/B and something like D what do you think the average of both grades will be? Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get two A's! Don't stress or worry about it!

It will probably be a B grade!
If i got a B/C in Unit 2 and a U in Unit 1, what would you reckon the average would be? E/D?
Reply 527
I did the British Politics E1 paper and I basically didn't write a conclusion! I thought I had way more time, so I just wrote one side in favour of the question, one side against but didn't actually come to a conclusion. In other words, I DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. So angry with myself.

Do you think I'll lose loads of marks for not having a conclusion?
Original post by j5994
hope we did haha, did you feel like you didn't have enough own knowledge tho, coz it was such a small part of what we've studied ahah.

for A, can't really remember tbh, i'm a bit worried because it was an easyish question so probably everyone wrote the same points

what did u write for A?

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying to a friend of mine.. I had such little own knowledge for social reform...for part A I remember ending with 'overall the sources largely support the view that senior commanders were incompetent during the Crimean War'... I was all over the place tbh don't remember it either
Original post by faux pas
India was damn easy as far as I'm concerned.

I did India too and I'm not sure how it went personally, felt like I was repeating myself quite often in part A although I think part B went much better
Original post by thespia
I did the British Politics E1 paper and I basically didn't write a conclusion! I thought I had way more time, so I just wrote one side in favour of the question, one side against but didn't actually come to a conclusion. In other words, I DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION. So angry with myself.

Hats what i want to say, i didn't manage to finish my conclusion for part A so will i actually get any marks or should i count that question as completely irrelevant and to considered it "unanswered"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thespia

You will miss out marks for not having a conclusion and your judgement will not be included. Unless you made it clear in the introduction you may not lose as many marks, but you will be discredited... But not by much, the examiners are sympathetic that the time frame is intense and tough so don't worry too much.
Original post by Gunnarsunn
You'll get two A's! Don't stress or worry about it!

It will probably be a B grade!

Hey man, how did you find the Womens suffrage questions overall? Haha yeah the punch source was nice but I tried to see if there was a more complex message behind it.....some of the phrases were quite weird but I guess thats just because its a satirical magazine, I kind of assumed they were saying womens work improved during the war since they are pro-suffrage.

Did you do the b question on the property acts?
Original post by Crozzer24
I did India too and I'm not sure how it went personally, felt like I was repeating myself quite often in part A although I think part B went much better

The part B's were generous, how much did you write?

I feel like this too. I did the Gandhi question B and I felt like I focused mainly on the 1920-22 Civil disobedience campaigns, dont think i was diverse enough the question said 1919-1930, couldnt think of anything else that happened during then lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
The part B's were generous, how much did you write?

Did ghandi question and wrote around 4 and a bit pages which is quite a lot for me seen as my handwriting is tiny! How about you?
Did ghandi question and wrote around 4 and a bit pages which is quite a lot for me seen as my handwriting is tiny! How about you?

I wrote 6 pages but I write quite fast, most people did around 4/5 for it, I did a bit over 3 for the part A.
Original post by Ben4
I feel like this too. I did the Gandhi question B and I felt like I focused mainly on the 1920-22 Civil disobedience campaigns, dont think i was diverse enough the question said 1919-1930, couldnt think of anything else that happened during then lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too haha! I didn't mention that much own knowledge tbh I analysed the sources thoroughly! Although I did mention the salt satyagraha and the civil disobedience campaign but not much
Original post by AJC1997
I don't think so, as long as you include provenance In some form you should be able to get full marks still, I talked about the years for some and who wrote it for others, just depended on the source

Oh okay thanks for the reply:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote 6 pages but I write quite fast, most people did around 4/5 for it, I did a bit over 3 for the part A.

That's impressive! I struggle to write that fast and by the end my handwriting is virtually unreadable! I only did around 2 for part A, spent too much time on B and left myself with 10 mins for A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending