The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

I'm so done with ocr and p123, i don't think the formation of a star is even in p1 like the whole gravity vs pressure and protostar stage, wtf...

Even though the maths questions are like the only things i done ok in, i think it was stupid that it was filled with maths

I really hate that p123 is harder than p456 and p7 ugh
yeah I got 0.7%
This exam was way too hard! Especially as it is aimed at year 10's. If I failed the core, I wonder what P7 is going to be like... Why is it all maths? At least the 6 markers were quite easy :frown:
What were the advantages and disadvantages for the phone question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whoever wrote this Physics exam will be killed personally by me >:I
That paper was 50% maths and 50% physics. That paper was 99% bull**** and 1% maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow that was a hard maths exam
what did everyone put for the first 6 mark question about the solar system ???
Original post by ehlamleyla
I'm so done with ocr and p123, i don't think the formation of a star is even in p1 like the whole gravity vs pressure and protostar stage, wtf...

Even though the maths questions are like the only things i done ok in, i think it was stupid that it was filled with maths

I really hate that p123 is harder than p456 and p7 ugh

I know right, Hopefully they won't have a trend though because how the hell are we going to answer P7 if we needed to know P7 to answer P1. Do we need to revise A-level stuff?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
How did you draw the diagram???

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I got a high B in this exam and if my other 3 grades (75%) were all A* would that give me an A* overall? I really need to get an A* for GCSE - want to do it for A levels :frown:
Original post by R.Abraham52
what did everyone put for the first 6 mark question about the solar system ???

I just wrote about gravitational pull and how it causes the matter clump up and increase in density and said something about how Tau Ceti's gravitational pull was strong enough to drag the other planets and bodies to follow it as it rotates and revolves... Pretty sure I got 0/6

P.S.

Original post by abbeyjayne
nice! :-) seems interesting. are you doing a level geog?

No, but i might change Physics to :frown:geography, after the exam we had today
Reply 234
Original post by danlock16
posted from tsr mobile

did anyone else come out of the exam thinking what.the.actual.****

yeeesss!!! :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
I know right, Hopefully they won't have a trend though because how the hell are we going to answer P7 if we needed to know P7 to answer P1. Do we need to revise A-level stuff?

P.S.

I think P7 might be decent, thing is, the grade boundaries for P123 tend to be high despite it's randomness guhguhggh
I'm guessing between 28-30 for an A* this year - last year was 31 and that was WAYYYYY harder.
Original post by Firenze26
I just wrote about gravitational pull and how it causes the matter clump up and increase in density and said something about how Tau Ceti's gravitational pull was strong enough to drag the other planets and bodies to follow it as it rotates and revolves... Pretty sure I got 0/6

P.S.

i put those points but i think i failed on my diagram
Original post by xneptunex
If I got a high B in this exam and if my other 3 grades (75%) were all A* would that give me an A* overall? I really need to get an A* for GCSE - want to do it for A levels :frown:

It would add up to A or A* depending on how high/low the A* grades are. You don't need an A* to do A level.
what did everyone get for the depth of the ocean and the reason for it?

Quick Reply