The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S21.99
some light also reflects in... CGP

it was a 1 mark question though wasn't it?
Original post by maxjackson5
For the how much energy transferred was transferred by a 12V bulb on a normal current for 30 seconds question.

Everyone got 360J, but I am 95% sure it was 612J. Anybody get either of these answers?

I got 612 too as I used the work done calculation!!
Original post by Haamoo7
For question 8a in P3, it said: "an alternating potential difference in the primary coil will induce an alternating current in the secondary coil. Explain how"

I thought that an alternating current induced a potential difference, and not the other way around?

i thought that, but I just described it the other way/:
Original post by amirzaman59
lool

loool
Hi. I've just done the exam but i am distraught as I know that I have missed the final page.
I'm not sure how much this will effect my grade and I was wondering if anyone here knows what the marks were for the last part of question 6. Thank you so much.
Reply 865
What did people say for the bus question and why it was tilted more than it usually would be...? Also what did people put for the rocket on p2 when it asked about what happened to the velocity - people are telling me it said ignore air resistance but I'm sure that was another question...?
Original post by isabellagrace
This is the first time ever since starting GCSEs that i have felt more confident AFTER looking on TSR :biggrin: IT all went great apart from that critical angle drawing question (i did some reflected and some refracted but not along the boundary) and for some reason i got 8 for the momentum question?!?!?! I dont even know how but apart from those, looks like it went wel!

momentum was 5
Original post by Crystalxo
i changed supspensary ligaments to cillary muscles last minute :frown:

I put the ciliary muscles change the thickness of the lens and they are attached to the suspensory ligaments
Original post by mediaya
For that question i got 612 joules

I got this too. Certain it is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the only question that i felt i got wrong. The rest of the exam was pretty easy though.
Original post by rumana101
i thought that, but I just described it the other way/:
P2 went to badly for me that i even forgot the units for charge
What I think the grade boundaries will be, based on how I found it compared to other years...
P2:
A* = 47
A = 38
B = 29
C = 23
P3:
A* = 46
A = 40
B = 35
C = 29

This is because I found them easier than last year's and 2013's...I think that chem/bio grade boundaries would be slightly lower, particularly for the unit 3s (MY OPINION ONLY) :smile:
Reply 872
Original post by Blueyy__
it was a 1 mark question though wasn't it?

Yes thank god!🙌
Original post by S21.99
What did people say for the bus question and why it was tilted more than it usually would be...? Also what did people put for the rocket on p2 when it asked about what happened to the velocity - people are telling me it said ignore air resistance but I'm sure that was another question...?

I put that the line of action lies out the base if it was further tilted and therefore would result in a clockwise moment
Original post by sophiew1

I got 612!
the charge was 51 and the pd was 12 so 51 x 12 = 612

Me too
The maximum change in focal length confused me! I wrote 0.5 originally but changed it to 0.4 as I thought it was asking for the change in length so I subtracted it from the begining length :/ Think that's wrong though.
Original post by Haamoo7
That was the only question that i felt i got wrong. The rest of the exam was pretty easy though.

what did you put? did you say the current was induced?

that was the answer because pd=work done/charge
12=work done/51
Work done= 612J
Original post by hannnahjx
What question was this the answer for? I literally don't even remember :frown:

P3 diagram of the eye. The other label was the retina. On the left hand page lol:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending