The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cogito.
Complete work solution:

80/2^n = 10
2^n = 80/10 = 8
n = log 8/log 2 = 3

half life = 36/3 = 12
Q.E.D

or just do..
80 -> 40 -> 20 -> 10
1 2 3 3 half lives so 36/3 = 12!!!
Original post by DustToDust
For p3? These are what I got: 0.25, 1.52, 84000, 0.05 (This one is definitely wrong, the answer was 50 apparently) and 18.

Can't remember the questions but they are the numbers I got!

didn't get the first one, not sure if I got the second, I got 84000 then crossed it out and changed it to something stupid, not sure what I put for the 4th and I stupidly put 12000 for the last one even though I knew it was step down :frown: will they only take away 1 mark from each because I used the right equations i think :frown:
Original post by Alkus16
or just do..
80 -> 40 -> 20 -> 10
1 2 3 3 half lives so 36/3 = 12!!!

yay I got the half life as 12 :biggrin: much needed mark :smile:
My arrow was facing up as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyRevises
didn't get the first one, not sure if I got the second, I got 84000 then crossed it out and changed it to something stupid, not sure what I put for the 4th and I stupidly put 12000 for the last one even though I knew it was step down :frown: will they only take away 1 mark from each because I used the right equations i think :frown:

I'm not sure how they mark them to be honest. I think maybe on the 3 mark ones you would get one for using the correct equation? I'm not sure sorry
I got half life wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
For last one I had 18 turns

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
was the eye one suspensory ligaments and retina ??!!
Which direction would the wire move?
What did everyone put for that question about why temperature and resistance increases in a filament bulb, in P2 ??? :s-smilie:
Original post by Star1015
For last one I had 18 turns

Posted from TSR Mobile

18 seems to be the general consensus... thank god
[QUOTE=vivalastudent;56024687]B...I think! Or C...I can't remember

B I actually found that paper really strange - first half good and second half partly good and partly bad - the equations were awful! That velocity one I was like 🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊 but luckily I think my chem and biology went well and my ISA is predicted A*
I'm not sure how they mark them to be honest. I think maybe on the 3 mark ones you would get one for using the correct equation? I'm not sure sorry

Okay thanks :smile: I'm not sure what happened to me in the exam I just kind of went to pieces and messed up a lot of easy marks. I completely forgot how to draw the rays on the diagram and forgot what the motor effect was called and just stupid stuff. So annoyed at myself. I got an A* in my coursework, I think an A/ A* in p2 could I still get an A* overall even if I get a B/C in p3? I don't mind about a star too much anymore- I just want an A now but I had been hoping for one before today :frown:
Reply 253
1.25 for the first question right lol
Original post by ajakil77
What did everyone put for that question about why temperature and resistance increases in a filament bulb, in P2 ??? :s-smilie:

no idea about the temperature but I put when the temperature increases the ions and electrons gain energy and move more making it harder for electrons to flow through the wire and increasing the resistance of the wire?

I don't know :frown:

Why does the temperature increase?
Original post by AmyRevises
Okay thanks :smile: I'm not sure what happened to me in the exam I just kind of went to pieces and messed up a lot of easy marks. I completely forgot how to draw the rays on the diagram and forgot what the motor effect was called and just stupid stuff. So annoyed at myself. I got an A* in my coursework, I think an A/ A* in p2 could I still get an A* overall even if I get a B/C in p3? I don't mind about a star too much anymore- I just want an A now but I had been hoping for one before today :frown:

It depends on how high the grades are. If you got 95 on 3 of them (mid a*) and 75 on today's, (mid B), it would be an A*. Don't worry about it, I always make myself think I've done worse than I have! x
Original post by Devkj

thats what i got :/ not sure if its right though
Original post by Devkj

Oh wait, that is what I got, not 0.25 what I put in one of my previous posts
It depends on how high the grades are. If you got 95 on 3 of them (mid a*) and 75 on today's, (mid B), it would be an A*. Don't worry about it, I always make myself think I've done worse than I have! x

okay thank you :smile: I'm going to aim to get full marks on p1 so I can bring up today's nightmare paper :P
Original post by RadonGhost
The Question asking you 'the wavelength of an X-ray is the same as the diameter of what' ?

I didn't have a clue, think I put a human cell, hahaha :s-smilie:

Don't worry I but the diametre of the human body, so stupid :frown: I think that it was the diametre of an atom

Quick Reply

Latest