The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

I got 54/75 in C2 and got 58/75 for C1 what do i need for s1 for an A overall?
Im good at s1 btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aerosmith
Can someone answer me sensibly on this?

Unusual looking method, I don't think it would be on the mark scheme but looks mathematically sound and should get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ironingplaylist
well damn, when I saw what creation I made was like, fuk this, crossed it all out and did it again aha.
n1 on factorizing it

Lol, I knew there was clearly something wrong with my method, but I just went with it and did long division and, thankfully, it worked out.
that was so easy
Original post by skittles100
Im good at s1 btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depending on grade boundries but definitely 70+.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what grade will I get for 59/60? I got 68/69 in C1 is still possible for me to get an A?
Original post by Lainathiel
From what we've seen looking at previous grade boundaries, it's usually 58ish-62ish for an A, so you should have an A anyway. I think I got about the same: there are some people saying today's paper was easy, but I've got 95+% in all the C2 papers I've done, and yet I panicked so much today! Admittedly I was being silly on the geometric series one - our whole year made it more complicated by using the formula instead of 'a + ar', but it was still obviously trying to trick everyone and some of the other questions were mean too! -.- I'm going for about 58 as a worst case scenario (with 0 marks for the answers I can't remember just in case) so fingers crossed I and you will be okay. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks .. good luck in your next exam. :smile:
Reply 3207
Okay so I'm a little confused about how UMS works. I got about 68/75 in C1 but only about 52/75 in C2, anyone know what I'll need in M1 for an A overall?
Original post by _thequeen
Based on the lowest you think you've got, I think you only need 48/75 in S1 to get an A overall for AS. (80% for an A, so you need approx. 180 marks in total, taking away what you think you've already got). Obviously this isn't exact because UMS conversion isn't linear. :-)

Thanks .. made me feel loads better ... Good luck in your next exam!
Original post by TheMathsMan
I think I got 73-75/75 in C1 ... and only 59-63 in C2 ... What would I need in S1 to get myself an A overall ?

Same with me, you should need around 60 maks for a safe A. Possibly getting away with 55, due to your high UMS in c1.
Does anyone know for question 10 if you would get any marks for stating the formula for volume of a cylinder and the formula for surface area of a cylinder and also that when d2y/dx^2 is bigger than 0, it is a minimum? ....
Hi, for the integration question when multiplying the 10x with the x^1/2 I accidentally said it equalled 10x^1/2 instead of 10x^3/2. I carried on and I obviously got a very weird answer for the second part of the question. Had I noticed I multiplied the first part wrong for setting it up for the integration, I proabably would've got it right. So how many marks will I lose for this error, assuming I followed through correctly?
Original post by A-LevelEconomist
Does anyone know for question 10 if you would get any marks for stating the formula for volume of a cylinder and the formula for surface area of a cylinder and also that when d2y/dx^2 is bigger than 0, it is a minimum? ....

There was no question 10
If that's all you wrote for question 9 I doubt you will get any marks for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The paper was tricky, just wonder how grade boundaries will shift. I think I got full marks from the unofficial MS, maybe 74 and around 69-71 in C1, how much UMS have I roughly dropped? I need 270 overall to take AS Further Maths next year
Original post by jodyb
Okay so I'm a little confused about how UMS works. I got about 68/75 in C1 but only about 52/75 in C2, anyone know what I'll need in M1 for an A overall?

well if the A boundary is 80% you'll need 60/75 in M1 at least
Do you think 63/64 will be an A? :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3216
Original post by crepole
well if the A boundary is 80% you'll need 60/75 in M1 at least

Thanks, I'm feeling quite confident with mechanics and if not I can resit C2 next year.
What are the UMS boundaries usually? Ie how many marks for 100 UMS, 90, etc? I need 95+ ideally, but not sure how likely that is now after C2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMathsMan
Thanks .. made me feel loads better ... Good luck in your next exam!

Thanks! I'm A2, and last year a lot of people, including myself, did loooooads better in S1 because we had more time to prepare for it, as it's after the bulk of exams, so hopefully it will be the same for you. Obviously aim as high as possible, because the better you do this year, the less pressure next year (if you're doing A2)- I only need C's this year to get an A overall. :-)
Original post by skittles100
Im good at s1 btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

91 UMS marks, 68 marks minimum.

I got similar marks last year, thankfully when you get to A2's C1 looks like a joke.

Just got 71/75 in my C2 resit, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending