The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil_timmi
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432135522.206627.jpg

This is how I answered 7. iii)

Can someone tell me where I went wrong???

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is how I did it :smile:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432136554.453466.jpg

La vie? C'est la vie.
would I lose a mark if I didn't put dx after the integral in the double differential thing?
I think I have made some mistakes on question 3 where I can't remember if I have used cosine rule at all... Can someone show me how to get the correct answer for question 3 please?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by study101
would I lose a mark if I didn't put dx after the integral in the double differential thing?

dont think you would
Original post by andygeor
dont think you would

okay I hope I don't :/ thank you!
Reply 445
I thought you took it from 6pi as the graph is stretched by a scale factor of 3 unless I'm wrong, but now I am unsure :frown:
Original post by ayl21
I thought you took it from 6pi as the graph is stretched by a scale factor of 3 unless I'm wrong, but now I am unsure :frown:

tan graph isnt symmetrical so can't take from 6pi. as they repeat every 180 degrees or pi radians with just normal tan(x) so you need to add on 3pi radians to the first value because its tan(1/3 x)
Original post by sarahowl
Haha I did this too, the panic of exams does some very strange things...

Original post by jamesplay73
I know yea haha, I just had no time left thank you anyway :smile:

Hahah ok fair enough, at least you guys didnt write the wrong answer, that's all that matters :smile:
Your marks add up to a today of 74, I am pretty sure the N=24 question was worth 4 marks
Reply 449
Original post by andygeor
tan graph isnt symmetrical so can't take from 6pi. as they repeat every 180 degrees or pi radians with just normal tan(x) so you need to add on 3pi radians to the first value because its tan(1/3 x)

I didn't use the tan graph, I squared both sides instead and used the cos graph
last answers were 3.32 and 15.5, anyone?
I understand how to solve it using tan, I'm just trying to see where my second answer of 6.1 rad comes from... I'm kinda frustrated at how I've lost so many marks because I didn't notice that you could use tan

Thanks everyone for the help though

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 452
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
last answers were 3.32 and 15.5, anyone?

Yeah I got something along those lines, how did you get the 15.5 answer?
Original post by ayl21
I didn't use the tan graph, I squared both sides instead and used the cos graph

i think (or what i did anyway) what you had to do was divide both sides by cos(1/3 x) and get 2=tan(1/3 x). not sure if it'd give the correct answers to square both sides but i may be wrong
Original post by arabinthemist
Used my fp1 knowledge for that question :P. I thought it was a paper that required you to be careful, but otherwise was quite straight forward. I know i've lost all my marks on the last question cus of radians smh

Yeh should have done that :/. I tried to insert N as a which is why it all went to hell but yeh, because the steps were right, just with completely the wrong numbers and idea, I think I may scrape a couple of marks there which would make the difference. Rest of straightforward so long as you checked well. What did you do for the last question? Answered it all in terms of degrees?
Btw I checked on my graphics calculator and the answer is around 3 and 12 (ie I'm wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ayl21
Yeah I got something along those lines, how did you get the 15.5 answer?

They intersect at 2 points, right? Although I might has taken it away from 2pi.

Oh well, this exam didn't mean anything for me
Original post by Lil_timmi
Btw I checked on my graphics calculator and the answer is around 3 and 12 (ie I'm wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile

for which question?
Reply 458
They intersect at 2 points, right? Although I might has taken it away from 2pi.

Oh well, this exam didn't mean anything for me

Yeah man that's exactly what I did, feel better now someone else did what I did haha
for which question?

The last part of the last question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending